The Head – Marketing/ Customer care
Videocon Industries Ltd.,
Plot No. 248 (1st Floor),
Udyog Vihar Phase IV,
Gurgaon – 122015, Haryana, India
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
SUB: NOTICE BEFORE FILING CONSUMER COMPLAINT
1) That, I had taken an Electrolux 440 L Frost Free refrigerator double door on 15/7/05 from M/s Electrolux Kelvinator Ltd., 227, Shiv Mandir wals gowdon, G T Rd, Bakoli as replacement for my earlier Kelvinator refrigerator which developed major irreparable problem.
2) That, this new Electrolux 440 L Frost Free refrigerator soon developed some problem and was not at all cooling. This was immediately reported to your authorized service center(DYNA ENTERPRISES, Shalimar Park, Bhola Nath Nagae, Delhi – 32) and people from their came to attend the call on 30/9/08. They repaired the refrigerator and charged us Rs. 2, 000/- in cash and Rs. 2, 185/- in cheque. Total amount charged for the repair was Rs. 4, 185/- for gas and heater, with a 3 months warrantee.
3) That, again after two months my refrigerator started giving trouble and I again informed your authorized service center(DYNA ENTERPRISES) and the same was attended on 16/12/08. The service persons again charged Rs. 850/- in cheque for cooling coil repair and gas, despite the refrigerator being under warrantee period for 3 months for gas.
4) That, why did your authorized service center(DYNA ENTERPRISES) charge me twice for the gas despite this being under warrantee period for 3 months.
5) That, we had called the service persons(Tirath Raj Yadav) from M/s DYNA ENTERPRISES again on 24/3/09 just to ensure that our refrigerator was running fine and he suggested that we should enter into an Annual Maintenance Contract (AMC) to avoid any further problems
6) That, on 4/4/09 we entered into an Annual Maintenance Contract (AMC) as suggested by the service person from M/s DYNA ENTERPRISES with TekCare India Private Limited and the cheque for the AMC was issued in the name of M/s DYNA ENTERPRISES for Rs. 2, 428/- vide cheque # 100229 dated 4/4/09 drawn on PNB.
&) That, within two months our refrigerator started giving trouble and a complain was immediately lodged with M/s DYNA ENTERPRISES, the call was attended on 3/6/09 but they were unable to repair our refrigerator for the next 25 days, each day we were being informed, after we called, that it will be repaired in the next 2 – 3 days and we had to suffer greatly on this account as our medicines & food got spoiled. We were informed after approx 25 days that due to the non availability of the some part, the refrigerator could not be repaired and hence, the company would provide us with a new replacement, if we pay an additional Rs. 3, 056/-.
8) That, since we had already gone thru a lot of pain and agony on this account and were in a bad situation especially during those days when Delhi temperature was at approx 45 degrees, we gave the amount of Rs. 3, 056/- to the servicing person (Mr. Sudhir Kumar 9310680688 from M/s TekCare) on 29/6/09 after which we received a replacement from TekCare India Pvt. Ltd which was a Kelvinator 313 L refrigerator in place of our Electrolux 440 L to our surprise. This refrigerator was neither Frost Free and was single door. No money receipt for this money was provided to us.
9) That, since, I have Sr. Citizen parents at home who are heart patients and for whom I have to keep medicines in refrigerated conditions, I kept this fridge as an interim arrangement but I do not wish to accept a Kelvinator 313 L refrigerator without Frost Free and single door in lieu of my previous Electrolux 440 L Frost Free refrigerator double door.
10) That, as my refrigerator was under AMC and as per the terms & conditions of the AMC point # 20 “TIPL(TekCare India Pvt. Ltd) will repair/ replace any defective parts and correct any problem free of charge”
11) That, as my refrigerator was under AMC, why did your service
12) That, having informed you of my above mentioned grievance, I urge you to please
a) settle my grievance in terms of replacement of my refrigerator with exactly the same specification as my previous one
b) refund the differential amount of Rs. 3, 056/- taken by your service persons
c) Take back the Kelvinator 313 L which was offered to us as an interim arrangement.
within next 10 days or else, I will be forced to file a complaint with the Consumer Court as I am protected under the Consumer Protection Act of 1986.
13) That, the filing a complaint with the Consumer Court will be at your cost and expenses, and I will seek compensation for the mental agony caused due to his deficiency in services.