LA Fitness - MEMBERSHIP CANCELLATION

siva nagareddy
try canceling a la fitness memebership. its near to impossible. i hope one day they get a class action lawsuit slapped on them. i have never seen a establishment as huge as lafitness where you have to cancel the memebership by sending in the cancellation form through usps. its a sham. i hope they get what they deserve soon.

Comments

I would be sooo willing to participate in a class action suit against LA Fitness. It is RIDICULOUS! I've been trying to cancel my membership with them for the longest. They said I have to come in to the club to fill in a form to cancel my membership and that they would email me the form as well. Well, the reason I want to cancel is that I NEVER go in the direction of the gym and it seems liks a hassle to go over there for just a form. You would think it would be easier. This was over 4 months ago. Still no email with the form.

I've been on the phone for over an hour now, trying to speak to a rep. They keep sending me to the web page, and the web page tells me to call the number I am on hold with. WHAT THE FRONT!??? This is ridiculous...so this is how they have been staying in business. I will say though, that whenever my billing information has changed they have been incessant about calling me over and over again to get the up to date credit card and billing info.

They need to get sued BIG TIME. How does one make it happen?

We are in the process of filing some action against these people, would you be avaialble to join the suit ?

i want to cancel my membership a.s.a.p. i won't be coming back to your gym anytime soon, so i would like to discontinue. i tried once before and it didn't go though. i feel that i am giving away money for nothing in return.

I canceled my la fitness membership in person, in writing, and by phone six times with assurances, but my bank account was charged $1, 200 in charges and overdrafts for seven months after that and the people I talked to lied about the dates and conversations I had with them although I wrote the names and dates in my journal. I agree, they need to be stopped with a class action lawsuit.

please count on me. I am still an LA Fitness member but I have been chasing them for so long to get a refund for my joining fee. When I joined, in September 2008, they said "you will get it back if you come to the gym at least 2 times a week for the first two months". The refund was first promised by the end of December, then they have kept dragging it every month; they don't return my emails not my telephone calls and messages FAO the manager, sales team etc.

i agree L A fitnees is a big scam i would like partecipate in a lawsuite against this corporation what i have to do?

I canceled my account in the middle of February online and by mail. They informed me because of the time period they would still charge March’s balance to my card but that would be the last. It’s April and my bank just notified me that LA Fitness has charged the monthly fee again; after they said they would charge past March. I just got off the phone with the branch where I opened my account; they said that even though I canceled online that I would have to notify them in writing. I said I did, I mailed my cancelation. She said “did you send it certified?” –CERTIFIED! If you have to cancel with LA Fitness you can do it online, can do it by phone and you can mail it –but if you don’t mail the Cancelation CERTIFIED, well then you’re still a member! Now, I have to go get my cancelation form, fill it our AGAIN, then go to the post office to have my mail CERTIFIED! Oh and I have to do this now –because if I don’t do it within their given time frame; they will charge me again! They shouldn't be able to do this... they’re ripping me off, right in front of my face!!! It need to be stopped NOW.

LA Fitness - MEMBERSHIP CANCELLATION