LIC of India - Unhappy with LIC way of settling the claims

Consumer Complaints
i have send a letter to LIC with the details of my lapsed policy as I was away from the country. I checked with their offices in chennai and they told me that I have a certain amount of money lying in my account (credit), towards the policy. The chennai office told me since the policy originated from mumbai, I should only contact them and initiate the claim procedure. I subsequently wrote to LIC mumbai on february 2010 and its now July 2010 and there is not even a reply from them.
Now does LIC need that we have to go all the way to LIC office in mumbai to do this . Why can they not process the claim and forward the file to us to in mumbai. I have a feeling that the amount of money I will spend by going to collect the claim, would almost come to the same amount for travelling and stay in mumbai. Why does LIC work so lethargically without any feelings for the people?. Does LIC mean Lose Interest Civilians?.
Complaint comments 1 Comment     Updated:

Comments

N Aug 30, 2012 by
amarachoudhary

my father have got 2 policies from lic 923544305 and 923793705 but unfortunately my father has dead . so i submitted the claim BRANCH 91M . one policy of ULIP plan SO LIC HAS GIVEN THE FUND AMOUNT AND OTHER POLICY WAS BIMA GOLD WHICH CLAIM DECLINE BY LIC . WHY IT HAPPEN PLS TELL ME ON MY CELL 7385011647.
PLZ, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
YOUR FAITHFULLY