lic Policies - Change of Name

Prof. Aluru Subhas Babu
Attn: Sri S. Viswanathan, Zonal Manager

I am Prof. Aluru Subhas Babu, father of Dr. Aluru Venkata Narayana Rao, a resident of USA. I am legally authorised by my son to represent the matter.

My Son Aluru Venkata Narayana Rao took two policies from LIC of India

1. 670086266 dated 28-11-1986
2. 670776470 dated 28-12-1992

We are very regular in paying the premiums since then. My son Aluru Venkata Narayana Rao did his higher education of M.S., and Ph.Ds in USA and presently working as a Professor in University of Illinois, Urbana Champaign in USA.

My son took American Citizenship in July, 2007. His name as per all the records is Aluru Venkata Narayana Rao. While taking the citizenship he deleted Venkata from his name for his personal and administrative convenience. This has been approved by the United States District Court Central District of Illinois.

My son has represented to the Sr.Manager, LIC, Vijayawada alongwith notarised copies of court's approval and Indian and American Passports on 2-11-2007. He received a reply after more than two months stating that the competent authority did not acceed to the request regarding change in name. (14-1-2008)

Here the question arises whether your Branch Managers or Divisional Managers are vested powers to over rule the decisions of the courts and the Govt. of India (see the enclosed documents). I am afraid this was simply rejected without taking to the notice of the proper authorities. They should have obtained directions either from Zonal office or Central Office.. Hence we have decided to bring this matter to your notice before submitting the same to Ombudsman. I have tried to contact the District Manager thrice but in vein.

All the relevant copies are forwarded for your perusal as an attachment to this letter.

With Kind regards,

S/o Prof. Aluru Subhas Babu,
302, Sai Datta Enclave, Madhava Nagar Colony,
Miyapur, Hyderabad-500049 Ph.Nos. 9440071133 & 23040044
E-mail ID chinnu13795@yahoo.com

Copies of this are forwarded to

1. Sri S. Vijayan Chairman, LIC of India
2. Sri Mehrotra D.K., Managing Director, LIC of India
3. Agarwal G.N, Executive Director (Actuarial), LIC of India

for favour of Information since this is a case of policy and powers of the Lower Executives.
All relevant copies are enclosed.

Prof. Aluru Subhas Babu
(040) 23040044, 9440071133

Comments

Dear Sir;
Myself Shriniwas Murlidhar Phirke
I have applied for following policies

a) Jeevan Mitra - Triple Cover
b) Anmol jeevan - 1

Throught LIC agent Mr. V. Y. Kulkarni (01411962)
I have filled all forms and also completed the medical tests.
Also I Rs 15128 /- withdrawn from my account as first premium on 13/12/2007

Today's date is 27/03/2008 still no reply from LIC.

Please do the needful,
With Regards
Shriniwas Phirke

Not received claim - lic Policies

Dear sir

My father had a policy (262865928)in sep 2002 of 5 lakh, my father died of an accident on 16 april 2007, but lic is denying to give money by stating ur father was ill while applying policy, as i know upper 2 lakh policy lic needs full medical certificate. and my father had no illness.

pls do some fruitful result

thanks and regards
santosh
9719552777

Sir

I have a query that i have changed my name from jaswinder to jaideep singh i have three policies in lic can lic can replace my old name to new name.pls guide me regarding this

regards

jaideep singh

SEARCH POLICY NUMBER

sir my policy no 273064917 doc 13/03/2010 188-5-20,
my name ajeet singh bhartee but print in policy ajit sngh bhartee
please corect my name in policy.thaks
Ramesh Venkat Penukonda LIC of India  - Bellary, Bellary, Karnataka, India

Need to change the name - LIC

As i need to change my insurance name from my brother to my wife veena ramesh penukonda.

Ramesh PV

sir my child policy no.197219168 [ NAME:LAVI BANSAL] JEEVAN KOMAL
BRANCH GANGAPUR CITY .POLICY DATE 15/06/2009
I WANT MY CHILD NAME CHANGE IN JEEVAN KOMAL LIC POLICY
PLEASE HELP ME
N Jan 31, 2011 by
Ram Pravesh Shaw

we took a policy no. 536730888 in name of RAM PRAVESH SHAW but on payment receipt name appears RAM PRAVESH SAW. There are some mistake in my name title. All document submitted to LIC in name of RAM PRAVESH SHAW.
I requested to you kindly correct my name title

Ram Pravesh Shaw
N Feb 15, 2011 by
muktheswer

I took policies 688502059(dated :05/12/2008) and 688503839(dated :20/12/2008) in name of 'MUKTHESWER MRUTHYUNJAYA NUNE' but on payment receipt name appears MUKTHESWAR MRUTHYUNJAYA N and MUKTHEESWAR MRUTHUYUNJAYA NUNE on both policy documents at name and Address location. There are some mistake in my name title. All document submitted to LIC in name of 'MUKTHESWER MRUTHYUNJAYA NUNE'.
I requested to you kindly correct my name title
N Feb 16, 2011 by
muktheswer

Thank you in advance for correcting my name in my policies.

Thanks & Regards
Muktheswer Mruthyunjaya Nune
N May 1, 2011 by
Norbu Tashi

Dear sir I hold one LIC money back policy in Lifev Insurance Co-operation of India in the name of my friend.
And now he is immigrating to europe in due time, so I what is going to happen in future, and I am paying all that due payment in time. And I wish to change his name in lue of my own name.
So please help me how to do this.

Thanking You.
A May 1, 2011 by
Norbu Tashi

I agree with all my complaint
N Aug 22, 2011 by
trueraghu

Hello Sir,

I took policy with number '641033433', The name showing in the policy is 'Naredla Raghupathy Reddy' but it should have 'Naredla RaghuPathi Reddy', I would request you to change the name to 'Naredla Raghupathi Reddy'.

Please do let me know if you need any details.

Raghu
N Aug 22, 2011 by
trueraghu LIC of India  - Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India

Name Change - LIC

Hello Sir,

Please do let me know if you need any details.

Raghu

N Nov 30, 2013 by
srinupal

hello sir
my policy no 695587595 madhabathula srinivasrao policy name is sanyasirao please chang my name
gundu pala (villge)narsipatnam (branch) visaka patnam dist
N Apr 8, 2014 by
AMRESH ZHA

I am having a policy in LIC of india and now my police is matured and they have issue a chaque by the name of Amreshkumar Zha and my bank A/C is Amresh zha . pl give the reply whether this cheque can be deposit in the same A/C
N 20 hours 25 minutes ago by
rajeevranjanpandey

sir my policy no 515522574 doc 28/05/2008
my name RAJEEV RANJAN PANDEY but print in policy RAJIV RANJAN PANDEY
please correct my name in policy.thaks

lic Policies - Change of Name