Crack on windscreen of new vehicle
1. I am a serving Indian Air Force officer and I own a white coloured Mahindra Scorpio Vlx model which I purchased on 11 Nov 10 from Punjab Automobiles, Ahmedabad.
2. I am presently posted at Dibrugarh (Assam) and I have been using my Scorpio in Dibrugarh since January 11. On 10 Jun 11 I noticed a crack on the wind screen of my Scorpio. The vehicle had completed only 4210 kms till that day. The vehicle was parked at my house and has not had any accident/incident which may lead to such a crack. I am attaching the pictures of the crack on the windscreen and it is clearly visible that the crack is not due to any external impact. Physical examination does not show any impact marks anywhere on the vehicle or on the windscreen.
3. This being a new vehicle, the appearance of such an unexplained crack on the windscreen is entirely unexpected. Especially because Mahindra has always advertised the Scorpio for its toughness, ruggedness and solid build as well as performance. Not only is this bad advertising for the brand SCORPIO but it also causes loss of faith in the quality and build of the vehicle. The Scorpio is advertised as an SUV able to withstand harsh terrain and weather conditions but in this case a new car, which has been maintained till now with absolute care, has developed a crack on the windscreen while other small cars with supposedly less emphasis on toughness have not experienced any such incident in this area.
4. I request that the matter be taken up with the appropriate authorities at Mahindra & Mahindra and the damaged windscreen be either replaced or alternative measures suggested to rectify the crack on the windscreen.
5. The vehicle is only 7 months old and under warranty for 2 years and the replacement of the faulty windscreen will go a long way in ensuring the commitment of Mahindra towards faultless and committed service to its customers and will also reinforce the customer’s faith in the toughness, ruggedness, strength and performance quality that the Mahindra Scorpio stands for.
6. I sincerely hope for a speedy resolution to the problem.