Manorama Tell Me Why - Subscription

Divakar R
I started a yearly subscription to Manorama Tell Me Why in March 2007 by filling up a form and sending them a cheque which they have encashed. The cost was Rs. 150 per year and the cheque was for Rs. 170 to cover bank clearance charges as specified in their form. I started receiving issues of Tell Me Why magazine from April 2007 onwards. I have sent in renewal cheques again in Feb 2008 and March 2009, as per reminders and forms sent by them around January in each year; accordingly I expect my subscription to last until March 2010. However, this year I have received a renewal notice from them in October 2009 itself informing that my subscription ends with another three issues. I promptly wrote by e-mail to subscription@mmp.quoting my subscription number and asking them to verify their records. They are now claiming that subscriptions are for the calendar year alone and always end with the December issue. I have written back that this cannot be the case since my renewal data has always been the April issue and I have received no prior intimation of any changes; also, that they should have sent me issues Jan - Mar 2007 if what they claim is correct. The subscription people are now not responding to any of my e-mails.

I want to get an assurance from the publishers that they will honour their subscription contract with me until the last issue of the current yearly subscription, namely, March 2010.

I live in a rural area where such books are hard to obtain and a yearly subscription was the only reliable method to give my child access to this resource. With their present behaviour, I do not feel like trusting them with my hard-earned money.

Comments

N Jun 8, 2014 by
Sonal Gowda

Best Review
I am not getting the prizes for the GK contest. My email address is sonalgowda3@gmail.com and viswas.vijendra@gmail.com.So kindly make at least 10 winners to get this prize.

change of address - 2 year subscription

hello,
this is vikas sharma residence of AG-307 SHALIMAR BAGH DELHI110088.near happy public school.please do correection regarding my address in your record .My booking id:7750002493 & mtnp107369.for your 2 year subcription of mail today newspaper.please send coupons immedieately

this is vikas sharma residence of AG-307 SHALIMAR BAGH DELHI 110088.near happy public school.please do correection regarding my address in your record .My booking id:7750002493 & mtnp107369.for your 2 year subcription of mail today newspaper.please send coupons immedieately.
my contact no:9818360837& 01127479273

itz bloody shit

my name is subhojit singh, c/o soumitra singh, nayek para south, nr. sailabala girl high school, p.o- bolpur, dist- birbhum, pin-731204, west bengal. india. cell no- 09434831950
i am your "tell me why" books subscriber. my id no - tmw08/1154753, pst dt- 02/11/2009 to 01/01/2010. but unfortunetely by any mistake i can"t get my last issue no- dec 2009 / vol-4 / no-3, book no- "39"
but i got issue no- jan 2010 / vol-4 / no-4, book no- "40"
so i request to you if possible to send me a new month of dec issue.

i like this magazine a lot so i wont say anything.

i want to subscribe tell me why for i year. what i want to for that? from where i will get the subscriptiom forum? please help me. send reply to my email address.

I like The Magazine Tell Me Why but i missed some of its issue. Is there some way to get those ?
manglem

I have a complaint on your April 2010 Tell Me Why edition. It is about a portrait of Alexander, the great. The photo showed that Alexander was a right-handed person, but in reality, he was a left-handed person.

Dr. Kh. Manglem Singh
Scientist 'E'
DOEACC Centre, Imphal - 795001
Manipur, India

Sir i have subscribed manorama tmy by filling up the form given on the back of an issue. Sir I haven't yet received even my firs issue. Kindly look into the matter to help me.I have sent a cheque off Rs 240.
AJAY N. NAIR
Aurangabad.

I, Mrs. Ripsy Jojo Subscription No. 1188486 have not received the book TELL ME WHY, July edition.
So i request you please verify and take necessary action.
Ripsy Jojo
Ernakulam
fazalk

you bring on door

i like tell me why a lot but i have not got the issue of august.Please verify.
VAISHNAVI

b-4, r v apartments,
1st floor, 151, velachery road,
east tambaram, chennai-600059
subscription number-1393596
I did not receive the August issue of your “tell me why “ magazine titled “the story of firsts”.So I request you to send me a copy of the issue.but I confirm that I got the September issue titled “natural wonders”.please send me a copy of the august issue . one question-how can I get the copies of the issues I missed?

I subscribed Tell My…. But this month I got Magic Pot instead of Tell Me Why?? Are you guys stopped Tell Me Why??? Then pls send me my money back I don’t want Magic Pot.
Rohan Mangatt,
Bnaglore

hi,

I am abhijit joshi, I have subscribed children magazine when they have stall in my company cognizant technology solutions pune.I did 3 years subscription for my daughter anisha joshi.Unfortunately i have not recived free gift for last 4 months.I have written 10 mails & made calls on diff nos.I am fed up.

my no is 9850813230
my id is -abhijitjjoshi@yahoo.co.uk

I am a subscriber of tell me why my subs No is TMW08/1147771. So far
I have not received Dec 10 issue. please intimate whether Dec 2010 issue has been despatched. Sudeep Nair. My email address
babumhow45@yahoo.in
A Feb 21, 2011 by
Apurba Bhattacharjee

I am also facing the same problem of not receiving the copies, though paid in advance. This is nothing but the unprofessional attitude of the Publishing House.

Apurba Bhattacharjee, Bhubaneswar, Subscriber No.1490399
N Mar 6, 2011 by
selvarajhariharan

I am a subscriber of tel me why my subs no is 1209796 my address changed plesae send me a books in new address
Swetha .S,

Thankyou
Swetha S
N Mar 11, 2011 by
dittaramesh

Hello, i would like to subscribe for" Manorama tell me why" but have second thoughts after reading, the complaints and how unprofessionally the subscription is handelled, on your site. It is very discouraging, though your book is excellant in content. I am willing to subscribe if my fears are put to rest.

Manorama Tell Me Why - Subscription