MERCANTILE MARINE DEPARTMENT(MMD MUMBAI) - UN PROFESSIONALS DEALING WITH PROFESSIONALS

JANA JAKOVSKI
MY DEEPEST REGRET IS EVER HAVING TO BE ASSOSIATED WITH PROBABLY THE WORST MANAGED OPERATION DEALING WITH THE MERCHANT MARINE ORGANISATION. THIS IS THE MMD OF MUMBAI WHICH IS OPERATED BY THE WORST THAT THERE IS IN THE INDUSTRY OF TRADE AND COMMERCE.
THE PEOPLE INVOLVED IN VARIOUS FIELDS WHICH MAINLY OF CONCERN IS THE EXAMINATION DEPARTMENT, A SIMPLE PROCESS OF SUBMITTING YOUR FORMS AND CERTIFICATES FOR EITHER AN ASSESMENT OR MAKING A BOOKING TURNS OUT TO BE HERCULAN TASK, WHICH MAY I ADD GOES INTO DAYS OF GRUELING WAITING IN LINES IN A CROWDED HALL WHICH IS SO PATHETIC, IT HAS NO DECENT VENTILLATION, NO ORDER...AND NO PEOPLE REALLY WORKING. IT IS CHAOS AT ITS BEST.
IF ONLY THEY COULD REALISE THAT A SIMPLE PLAN OR METHOD WHICH CAN BE EASILY INCOPORATED INTO THE SYSTEM CAN ACTUALLY DO WONDERS FOR THE APPLICANTS & THOSE WORKING THERE.
LIKE POSTING CORRECT INFORMATION SO AS TO PREVENT STUDENTS FROM COMING THERE CROWDING THE PLACE & NOT KNOWING WHAT THE HECK IS ACTUALLY GOING ON. NOT A SINGLE PERSON OPERATING ANY PART OF THE DEPARTMENT HAS ANY SUBSTANTIAL INFORMATION AS TO WHEN AND HOW THE REQUIRED WORK IS GOING TO BE DONE, SO INSTEAD HE RATHER ASK THE APPLICANTS TO MAKE THEMSELVES AVAILABLE EVERYDAY TILL THE WORK IS DONE, THIS INTURN MEANS THAT YOU HAVE NUMEROUS STUDENTS COMING IN HOPE OF GETTING THEIR WORK DONE EVERYDAY.STANDING ALL DAY IN A CROWDED HALL THE SIZE OF A TRAIN COMPARTMENT ONLY TO TOLD AT THE END OF DAY TO COME BACK TOMORROW ONLY TO DO THE SAME. THE WAY I SEE IT IS IF YOUR LUCKY A DAYS JOB CAN BE DONE IN ABOUT 3 DAYS, THATS IF YOU ARE LUCKY.WHAT REALLY IS ANNOYING THAT ITS THAT SAME DEPARTMENT THAT DEMANDS SUCH HIGH STANDARDS FROM STUDENTS IT ONLY SEEMS FARE THAT THE SAME SHOULD APPLY TO THEM ASWELL. WHAT IS ALSO REALLY AGITATING IS THAT EVEN IF YOU ARE IN THE HIGEST RANK ON A SHIP (i.e of a captain/master) YOU STILL GET NO RESPECT AT ALL AND HAVE TO PLEED AND BEG OF CLERKS WHO HAVE NO IDEA WHAT A SHIP LOOKS LIKE, AND THEY HAVE BEEN GIVEN THE AUTHORITY TO RUN THE OFFICE ON THEIR WHIMS AND FANCIES.THERE IS JUST NO PROFESSIONAL COURTESY FROM ANY ONE INVOLVED, MORE SO YOUR TREATED LIKE A CRIMINAL.
I REALLY WISH THAT IN SO MANY YEARS OF THEY OPERATING THE SYSTEM THEY COULD HAVE GAINED SOME KIND OF SYSTEMATIC METHOD OF DOING ANYTING WHICH IS WHY THERE IS NO PROFESSIONAL GROWTH, I UNDERSTAND THE FACT THAT THEY DO HAVE ALOT OF APPILICANTS THAT THEY HAVE TO DEAL WITH, BUT THATS ONLY BECAUSE THERES SO MUCH OF CHAOS THAT THEY KEEP BACKLOGGING A FARE AMOUNT OF IT.
LIKE ITS SAID ITS NOT THE COUNRTY BUT THE PEOPLE THAT NEED TO CHANGE.

Comments

To,
shipping Officer
MMD, Mumbai.

I submitted my Indian CDC ( Electrical Officer) form on 25th of May 2009 & received the file nos. NCO/407/09.enquiry dispatched from your office on 22nd July 2009, still I have not yet received my CDC.

Please take necessary action for the above mentioned request.

I have applied for engine side watch keeping.My all document is ok but engine surviour every day creating some problem first he told your CDC and Trainee record book sign of master is not matching for i have given him company letter as noc, then again he told your nature of job is matching.He inform your company to send letter to mmd by post company send letter but he not clear my paper. since 28 i going every day but not under standing my problem.If i go through agent he easily verify my document. I want your advice to complaint against him in shipping ministery.His name i Datta

The Shipping Master
Respected Sir
I am TANDEL NAYANKUMAR JERAMBHAI have applied for CDC of Electrician on 26 Agu 2009 and after 22 days of application I have recieved my file no. that is NCO/565/07. But still I have not recieved my CDC. When I inquered in MMD I have been told that it is under process for verification. I checked at my university my verification latter had allready sent to the MMD on 27th of Oct. and according to the recipet of currier service my verification latter had been already recieved by MMD on 28 Oct. 2009. I went to the MMD and sawed zerox copy of the recipet of currier service in MMD and Ihave been told that they will check but not yet got any reply from them. I am still waiting for my CDC.
I hope you will do the needfull for me Iwill be highly obliged for you.

Your sincerely
TANDEL NAYANKUMAR JERAMBHAI
schagla

read: well, by capt.s.chagla
our Indian MMD / DGS is a Mess !
I have seen 'closely' the disgusting effect on Principal Officer's / "surveyors"
harassing to any mariner's fresh / seasoned~

thus, even the clerks & peons & CDC, learn similar behaviour against mariners;

See in the U.K./ Singapore, they are decent of the marine dept.

DEAR SIR... I HAVE GOC I WANT TO APPLY INDIAN CDC MY QUESTION IS WITH IN THE HOW MANY MONTH IT WILL COME...PLEASE SIR TELL ME NOW I HAVE NO INFORMATION...PLEASE WILL YOU GIVE ME INFORMATION ABOUT THAT
alok

Sir
I am a Ex naval sailor and applied for CDC in july 2009 my file no. is 487/ 09 but 7 month is passed and till now i did not got my cdc and nothing information from your office about that. Please look on the matter, so many thanks

I APPLIED FOR CDC ON 11 NOVEMBER 2009 AND GOT MY FILE NO. 873/09, WAITING FOR CDC WHICH IS NOT YET RECIEVED. PLEASE AKNOLEDGE THE CURRENT STATUS.

hello sir, i have diploma in instrumentetion & control, I want to know that how to apply cdc for electrical officer. thankyou

I have done three years diploma of El. Engineering and I want to apply for Indian CDC. So sir my question is that to apply an Indian CDC I need to do pre sea training or with stcw courses only I am eligible to apply.

Respected Sir,
I want to apply for Indian CDC. For Indian CDC I need pre sea training or diploma of El. Engineering is sufficient to apply and I can apply in the Delhi MMD also.

hello sir this is varun shah my file no is co/966/09 i have submitted my documents 3months ago, sir could u tell me when my cdc will be dispatched.

waiting for ur reply
thanking u
varun shah.

waiting for ur reply
thanking u
varun shah.

I have applied for Indian cdc in MMD Mumbai in dec 2009 than it was returned stating that INDOS Number not indicated than after taking INDOS number I have resubmitted in Jan 2010. I have been visiting to mmd regularly. The inquiry person says your verification not received than I asked him where you have sent it he said to DG Panama when I have inquired from dg panama they said we have not received any letter. there is a on line verification on our site, than again on 23 mar I have gone to MMD for inquiry then they said what ever is our requirement is not available on their site we will send letter come after 20 days. where as the person after my file number has been received their verification

Respected sir, i had aplied for electrical oficer and got my file num nco/973/09 but still i doesnt got my cdc .so pls take necesary actions for it. Thank u

1. I have applied for Indian CDC in MMD Mumbai in Dec 2009 than my document were returned stating INDOS number not indicated . I have taken INDOS number and again resubmitted on 23 Jan 2010. I have been visiting to MMD office regularly. The inquiry person says your verification have been not received than I asked him where you have sent it he said to DG Panama when I have inquired from DG Panama and Panama consulate they said we have not received any letter. there is a on line verification on our site, than again on 23 march I have gone to MMD office for inquiry then he said what ever is our requirement is not available on their site we will send letter come after 20 days. where as the person after my file number has been received their verification.Sir again I have visited to MMD on 30 March for inquiry it was same reply that we will send letter for verification.I REQUESTED THEM TO SEE THE SHIPPING MASTER BUT THEY DONOT ALLOW ME TO SEE SHIPPING MASTER.

2. Sir I request you due to non receipt of my Indian CDC I am facing lot of financial hard ship.

3. It is therefore requested that THIS CASE MAY BE INVESTIGATED AND WHY IT IS HAPPENING LIKE THIS AND my CDC may be issued earliest at avoid embarrassment and hardship being faced by me.

Thanks you sir and regards

sir
i am apply for CDC my file no.--NCO/83/10 .my friend is apply after me and there inquiry is come .but my inquiry is not come. help me plzzzzzzz...

respected sir/madam

i heard that you have opportunity on f.p.s.o. if yes then please send me how to send resume.i have good exprience of offshore

hello sir
my name is razif ahmed and i have already applied for cdc but the problem is that my surname spelling in the application is wrong i.e. "AHMAD" instead of "AHMED" so could u tell me how can i rectify this mistake