MTNL - Customer Call Centers - Nobody picks up the Phone

Vikas Jain

I recently experienced a horrendous experience with MTNL toll-free numbers provided for Customer Care.

My Broadband plan was put undera wrong plan and so I decided to call their toll-free number 1504.

After I selected the 0 option to talk to customer care, automated response told me that the waiting time is 1.5 min. To my surprise I held the line for 17min and no body reponded. All I was told by automated response was that the their people are busy. I thought it might be a busy day, so later I asked my 10 year old nephew to wait for the response after I dialled. Lo!! poor chap held the line to his reddened ears for 55 minutes and still was hearing the automated response that the waiting time is 1.5 minutes.

I didn't give up so I decided to put an online complaints I went to the link http://customercare.mtnldelhi.in/
I clicked on the Complaints link and was taken to the page where I had to fill my complaints within 45 characters !! (U know MTNL doesn't want too many words in ur complaint !). Check out the link
Somehow I sqeezed my complaint within 5 words and when I pressed submit Lo and Behold!! It gives an Error ! "No Level Code Found" and you cannot submit the complaint.

The MTNL department has blocked all the ways by which the customers can file complaints. I have been to countries like Uganda, Nigeria . But no where I have seen such pathetic attitude of a Govt. Organization as I see in India.

I am still paying heavy rental due to the fault of the pan-chewing clerk of MTNL who had put up a wrong plan.

If somebody knows a venue where I can file the complaints do let me know.

And ya if somebody can visit the Customers Call centers. please do visit and let me know. how they manage to keep a call in queue for 55 minutes without answering..

Comments

I AGREE TO SOME OF THE POINTS RAISED. AS FAR MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE IS CONCERNED, THE RECONCIALISATION OF ACCOUNTS / PAYMENTS IS ABSOLUTELY PATHETIC.

INSPITE OF SHOWING PROOF OF PAYMENTS FOR CASH RECEIPTS AS WELL AS DEBITS FOR CHEQUE PAYMENTS, THE DOLPHIN SECTION CONTINUES TO SHOW THE SAME AS OUTSTANDING

UDAY DESHMUKH

I am lodging complaint for defective instument of phone no. 252786720 since 9.5.2009. In response after 3 or 4 days, a phone comes from concerned lineman that whether there is some problem and than he promptly drops the complaint. Due to no action till 21.5.09, complaint was sent to concerned GM by email as well as by fax . On 28.5.09 line man informed that phone is available however he will not install, whatsever I have to do, I can do. Two months back also this lineman has not attended the defect for 3-4 weeks and was seeking for monthly service charges no doubt as bribe. I am unable to understand why despite having phone, it is not being replaced/ rectified. He had also suggested to get the connection disconnected and to install Airtel. Not attending complainst for weeks and seeking extra charges reflect that they are having connivance with private operators. Further what the MTNL authorities are doing for dropping of complaints without attending the same. In such state of affairs what is the need to publicise MTNL schemes for new customers when they are harrasing us and compelling to disconnect the existing connections.

I am lodging complaint for defective instument of phone no. 25286720 since 9.5.2009. In response after 3 or 4 days, a phone comes from concerned lineman that whether there is some problem and than he promptly drops the complaint. Due to no action till 21.5.09, complaint was sent to concerned GM by email as well as by fax . On 28.5.09 line man informed that phone is available however he will not install, whatsever I have to do, I can do. Two months back also this lineman has not attended the defect for 3-4 weeks and was seeking for monthly service charges no doubt as bribe. I am unable to understand why despite having phone, it is not being replaced/ rectified. He had also suggested to get the connection disconnected and to install Airtel. Not attending complainst for weeks and seeking extra charges reflect that they are having connivance with private operators. Further what the MTNL authorities are doing for dropping of complaints without attending the same. In such state of affairs what is the need to publicise MTNL schemes for new customers when they are harrasing us and compelling to disconnect the existing connections
ved Ram

Rent of one month free - MTNL

My telephone no. 24647133 is not working from 20th February, 2010. I have lounged complaint (No. 181) in MTNL on 24th February, 2010, but my connection is not working till date and also I have lounged complaint in National Consumer Helpline (No. 218534) on 04th March, 2010. I have talked with exchange of my area (No. 24641122), but they didn’t give any response to solve the problem, then I talked to Mr. B.B. Rishi (M. No. 9868136800), he told me that problem will be solved in 4-5 days. Due to not working of phone I am in very trouble. During lounge of complaint in National Consumer Helpline, they asked me that if telephone connection is not working for more than 15 days, then customer is not liable to pay the rent of one month. You are requested to look into the matter and oblige.

Thanking you,
N Jan 28, 2013 by
sachin madhur sharma

My MTNL mobile no.is 901347500 which is not active from 25/01/2031.I have checked several times by using another phone but result is same.Please check at your end if there is any problem.I am using this no. in dual sim mobile phone, both were working properly before 25/01/2013 but at present when I use both or single sim, MTnl sim not work and hang the any mobile In which this was checked, while other sim is working properly.
N Jun 12, 2013 by
sudesh yadav

my internet connection will not not be working properly and nobody answer the call in customer care no.1504 from 1 week
and my telephone no. is 22963505
N Aug 3, 2013 by
rao2244y

my telephone & broadband is not working from last one month mtnl staff have no answer for that no use of any complain please help
my telephone no is 011-28011799