Reader's Digest - TRUE and FAIR SWEEPSTAKES

Reader's Digest India on Feb 15, 2011
Yes, the Rupees 1.1 crore Reader's Digest Sweepstakes 2011, scheduled to be held on Jan 24th 2012 is indeed genuine. Winners will be determined from eligible entries through a computer generated random drawing held in the presence of an independent auditor. The winner will be notified by Registered Mail and announced in the April 2012 issue of Reader’s Digest magazine. The complete list of winners will be available on our website by the first week of February 2012 or upon written request after February 2, 2012. You can view all past results and winners at: http://rd-india.com/newsite/sweepstake/pastwinners.

Further, we would like to inform you that our call centre number is (0120) 2469900 and 1800 1800 001 (toll free).

Is it Mandatory to make a purchase to participate in the draw?

No it is not mandatory to make a purchase to participate in the draw. All customers and prospects who receive our invitation documents are given an equal opportunity to participate in the Reader’s Digest Sweepstakes regardless of whether any purchase is made.

Query on Yes/No response

Return of the sweeps documents in the Yes envelope would not only make you eligible to enter our prize draw but also enroll for an annual subscription to the Reader’s Digest at a discounted rate of Rs 449.00; whereas the No response would only make you eligible to participate in the draw without subscribing to the Reader’s Digest magazine.

Comments

NON-DECLARATION OF RESULT OF SWEEPSTAKES RESULT - Reader's Digest

THE COMPANY HAD CLAIMED THAT IT WOULD BE DECLARING RESULTS OF THE SWEEPSTAKES FOR 2009 BUT TILL DATE NOTHING HAS BEEN DECLARED.

When are they going to declare the results for the 2009 sweepstakes? It should have been done by Jany 2010. I haven't seen any result declared anywhere. I believe the Company may be financially bankrupt and hence delaying the result. Is there any forum where I can lodge a complaint?
vivek1951 Reader's Digest  - Bangalore, Bangalore, Karnataka, India

Subscription paid- issue not received - Reader's Digest

I have paid the subscription for one year for recieving Reader's digest monthly issues while recieving the gift books by VPP. But the issue for AUGUST 2010 has not been recieved till today.
My subsciption account no: 0000489513
A Vivekanandam
prashant480977 Reader's Digest  - Bangalore, Bangalore, Karnataka, India

Subscribed but not received a single issue - Readers Digest Subscription (Yearly)

On 16-Jul-2010, I paid Rs. 449 (Tran Ref. 75140680197) vide my Citibank Credit Card. I received web payment reference from Readers Digest as - RD-WEB-220610-105305R & mentioning that my subscription will start within 6 weeks. However, till date I havent received a singly copy.

I sustained a lot of economical, physical & mental strain to follow up with RD's customer service. They do not respond in proper manner. What help can I receive from your end? Please revert.

Best Regards,

Mobile : 08008889189 / 9390075942

1year from Dec 2010 to Nov 2011
N Jun 27, 2011 by
jiya balani

i have subscribed to readers digest and was informed that will receive first subscription copy in may 2011 but haven't received yet.
A Jun 29, 2011 by
Shreshtha Bhadrabahadur

I have a winner in your sweep takes 1 carore rupise my wining is a final stage so haw can know to my wining information please contact me 079-9408872604
N Jul 9, 2011 by
maneksha

sir we got a letter from you by notified that my husband Mr.G. Prabhu win the Thank prize of amount 18, 00, 000. Is this true? . we want to get the complete details about this prize . Furthermore what we do ? please send full details to our mail id :psamvathi@yahoo.co.in or contact us to the moble no 9751437336.
N Jul 13, 2011 by
GENIOUSSPIDERMAN Reader's Digest  - Ballabgarh, Faridabad, Haryana, India

REFUND NOT RECEIVED - MUSKAN JAIN

SIR I HAD FILE MY INCOME TAX RETURN AND TILL TODAY I DID NOT GET MY INCOME TAX REFUND
many times i am sending my friend income tax department and many times i met my self in income tax department every time their reply and requirements of documents are different but i full fill all there requirement but till today after submit all documents related with IT REFUND I did not get it help me and tell me how i will get my refund its pending from last three years.

Complaint Name Sushil Jain (husband of muskaan jain)
contact no. 9873200084
N Aug 4, 2011 by
jose.francis7

sir am jose francis i have winner in you sweeptakes 1 crore rupee, i want to get the compleate details about this prise, further more what i do! please send full deatails. my mail id is- jose.francis7@gmail.com
N Oct 21, 2011 by
JITENDRA VASANT NAGARKAR

I HAVE ALREADY PAID RS 499/- AGAINEST BOOK OFFER VIDE SWEEP STAKE ENTRY FOR SUBCRIPTION, I RECEIVED GIFT BOOK BUT SUBSCIPTION NOT YET RECEIVED MY ACESS CODE IS GX77628.KIDLY CONTACT ME ON MY PHONE NO 99879 85176.- JITENDRA NAGARKAR.
D Oct 31, 2011 by
ashoknath9

Reader's Digest is an unprofessional and unethical organisation who are cheating and looting people. Strongly urge people not to fall into their trap. I felt for this trap and subscribed on 24-May-2011 however even as of today 31-Oct-2011 neither did I get the gift nor the subscription, and to by despair I did not get my refund post cancellation. Have been dropping mails and speaking to their customer care agents to get the refund, but no one has an answer to my queries. Spoke to their agents, team lead (Rakesh Singh) and Assistant Manager Muskan Jain as well. But none responded to my mails. Finally have decided to take them to consumer court; so that no one else goes through the same ordeal ever again.
Ashok
N Dec 10, 2011 by
Anish7992

Does Readers Digest Actually Issue prizes to winners if someone wins its...????? and what about the Thank You Prize drawn..?? if someone wins a car then how do readers digest Issue it to the winner...????
please reply
N Dec 12, 2011 by
kumaran mani

I have been received the reader digest coupon. I was post all the document with YES envelop on 20 Nov 2011. But I have not received any annual subscription from your office. Please send the same and confirm the about prize drawn:-
My Address:-
email- mrkumar.34@rediffmail.com
Mob No - 09781996616
N Dec 21, 2011 by
sanjeevtiwari

I HAVE ALREADY PAID RS 499/- AGAINEST BOOK OFFER VIDE SWEEP STAKE ENTRY FOR SUBCRIPTION, I RECEIVED GIFT BOOK BUT SUBSCIPTION NOT YET RECEIVED.KINDLY CONTACT ME ON MY PHONE NO 9729439008. SANJEEV
N Dec 24, 2011 by
ria dutta

Sir i am ria dutta d/o Mr DOON KUMAR DUTTA;
Lane no.1 Tapovan road
Dehra dun,

we got an official final stage card as a finalilist but we had not stil yet got the results of that.and we got the matched code with HONDA ACCORD.
we had sended a cheque of Rs 475 also along with the 3 enclosed certificate.
please its a request of mine please let us know the result soon.
my contact no. is 7895417453 or else gmail ID is-ria.shona1@gmail.com
N Dec 30, 2011 by
shahnawazdude007

Dear Sir I m Mohd shahnawaz From hyderabad i got u r official final stage cards the following letters are honda accord or 18, 00, 000 Cash prize as thank you prize and i already reply you and few months ago after one more documents i got from u and i have enclosed all the documents in the envelop and i have sended a cheque of Rs 475/- Along with 4 enclosed certificates please it is my request you to let me know the results my e mail address is shahnawaz02@yahoo.com and my contact no. is 9885515878
N Jan 24, 2012 by
Mohammed Nawaz Pasha

Sir tis s Mohammed Nawaz Pasha, s/o Abdul Majeed Sab, park mohalla, rub nagar, behind old hospital, sira. Sira (tq) tumkur (district) karnataka (state). . . As i gotted your documents and 3 certificates from readers digest, in that i m elligeble for the honda accord car winner and also the thank you gift. I have posted all tat 3 certificates and other documents to your address, before 2 months back so i request you to issue me my belonging gifts to my address very soon . .and contact to me on 9743192364 for any other details. . Thank you. .
A Jan 24, 2012 by
Satish agrawal

Sir, I received finalist certificate of your trust and I apply for ground prize of Rs. 3600000 and 1800000 car prize. Result of this contest is declare on 24-01-2012 i.e. today but no result of this contact shown on the your official website. So I request you, please send me your result on my email I.D. given below-
rht7679@gmail.com &my contact no. 9413200014
Satish Agrawla
N Jan 24, 2012 by
tanmoymukherjee

SIR, I AM TANMOY MUKHERJEE. MY A/C NO:1-008-343-912-5. I RECEIVE ADVANCE NOTIFICATION, BUT I DON'T RECEIVED THE OFFICIAL SWEEPSTAKES ENTRY WITH IN DATE. RESULT OF THIS CONTEST DECLARE TODAY. SO PLEASE SEND ME YOUR RESULT ON MY MAIL ID GIVEN BILLOW
tanmoymukherjee75@yahoo.in