Satya Paul — Satya Paul Store sale damaged saree and refused to exchange

sujata nanda
I bought 2 sarees from Satya Paul store located in GK-1 M Block market, New Delhi . That time there was sale going on for 'buy one get one free'. I bought 2 sarees. It was a small store with many ladies inside buying the sarees. On top of that the light went away. I paid for sarees and came home. When I went to tailor to stich the blouse, I found out one of the saree was damaged in 2 places. Immediatly I went to the Satya Paul store and ask them to exchange the saree. But the store manager was very rude, refused to exchange. It was an expensive saree. I felt like I was cheated by so called designer store. I sent an email to Satya Paul customer service. No reply from there either. I started ablog also. I can not imagine the world wide famous store like Satya Paul would be cheating customer like this.
Complaint comments  3 Comments     Updated: Share0Tweet0Share0

Comments

i have purchase sharee from satya paul, kemps corners, mumbai,
when i wear sharee i got wet in rain, the clour of sharee remove stick to my skin, and got eatching on my hand and body i got elergy, i talke to shop, they are not ans my problem and not ready take sahree and told us to complaine to web site,
i have send complain m but no response from Show more... there side, it is useless to buy so expensive from big show room where you dont get response and good qulity product
i dont think i ever try in my life satyapaul product
if they dont care for customer and the product and not able to give us good qulaity product
use less to have satyapaul
so please dont buy such brand, it might get skin problem, they use low grade cloure and dye,

rekha sanghvi
Placed an online order a month back for gifts for an upcoming event, and hadn't heard anything about it. So, I decided to contact them via email. Got no response. Messaged them on Facebook., delayed response from them saying they are looking into the matter and will get back to me. And that was 4 days back. Called them, and was told I will receive Show more... a callback with an update. Never got a call from them. Called them again, and was told that 2 of my sarees hadn't passed the quality check and hence the delay. Which I totally would've appreciated if someone had informed me of this, and I didn't have to wait a month after I had placed my order. So, I asked why I wasn't informed, and their response was that their system was down. It is hard to believe that a company that has an online presence and is one of the most reputed fashion houses had their system down for a month. Asked if their phones were down, too? Was assured by the manager yesterday, that I will get an email with a choice of sarees I can pick from and my package will be mailed on Friday, August 8th, so I can have delivery by the 10th.

Checked my email all day, and nothing. So I called back, and after hanging up on me 4 times, on my 5th call I was told that the person I need to speak with is busy and could I call back in half an hour. I reminded the person at the other end that I am calling from Canada and it was 2:12 am, at my end. Finally was transferred to the Gurmeet, and she told me she was emailing me in the next 30 minutes.

Checked my email, and the email stated that she was having technical issues and couldn't attach the pictures. Also requested me to be patient.
I've not experienced such poor customer service for an online order, ever. This is a first. It is definitely unacceptable that a fashion house this reputable, has no accountability. Appalled and disappointed with the lack of courtesy and customer service.

If anyone has an idea how to resolve this, it would be greatly appreciated.
Mrs.Shah uk 29 March 2016

I am very disappointed with the quality of the saree I bought from Satya Paul on Juhu Tara Road Juhu, Mumbai.
It was my first SP saree I had bought & was very expensive.
I wore it at a wedding & to my embarrassment & disgust, the threads from the saree were ripping apart in many places.
I was horrified as Show more... I didn't expect it as it as expensive & from a famous shop.
Anyway I returned the saree at SP Juhu & explained it to them.
I was told to leave the saree behind & they would have to send it to Delhi for them to check it & decide what to do.
So I have left saree with them& returned to UK.
Yesterday I received a tex message saying my scared has been repaired & is ready to be picked up.

I couldn't believe that they are actually sending me the same saree back after repairing it
How can split threads on a delicate saree be repaired ???
Will it be in perfect condition like it was when I had bought it ?
What guarantee can they give me that the threads won't come apart again ?

I feel this is a botch up job where the saree will come apart as I can't understand how the split threads can be perfectly repaired & not come apart again.
I spoke to the manager at SP in Juhu & aired my concerns.
She assured me that the threads wouldn't come apart.
But I was not happy as I am very sure the same problem will reoccur again.
I took the matter up with Retail manager in SP Delhi.
She said same thing, as her colleague in SP Juhu.

I feel I have been cheated by SP on the quality of the saree I bought from them.
I asked for an exchange of saree of same value, as I'm unhappy about the situation & my concerns,
But they refused to exchange.

It is so appalling that there is no genuine aftercare from such a so called reputable & famous fashion house company.
The staff just don't care & do very little to resolve the problem.
Especially as I am living in UK & so they know there is very little I can do about it & have to accept what they do.

With this bad experience I feel I won't be buying another SP saree as I don't know the quality of saree I will get.
It has put me off buying SP sarees as so expensive & poor quality & more important there is poor aftercare customer service.

I will be putting my views on Facebook too

Satya Paul - Satya Paul Store sale damaged saree and refused to exchange