Savings Bank A/C. - Cheque return without sufficient reasons

8th Floor, Sayajiganj,
VAODARA – 390 005.

Sub : Cheque return without sufficient reasons
Major mistake in your CBC Database system

Ref : My personal visit on 17.02.2009 at Dariapur Br. Ahmedabad.

My father Mr. Mahendrabhai S Kotadia opened Savings Bank account jointly with my mother Smt. Hansaben M Kotadia and self Mr. Jayeshkumar M Kotadia with a operating option “Anyone” before approx. 17 years in Dariapur branch bearing S.B. A/c. No.03230100003818.

I deposited my Life Insurance corporation premium vide cheque No.987948 dated 15.12.2008 an amounting to Rs.2163/- (Rs. Two thousand One hundred Sixty three only) on 28.12.2008 in LIC Br.873.

On 16.02.2009 received a speed post cover from LIC Br. 873 with an intimation of dishonored above cheque, I surprised that my above cheque was returned due to code No.34 (“CHQ IRREGULARLY DRAWN-AMT IN WORDS N FIGURE DIFFER” (Pls. see encl. ________________)

And also in my aforesaid cheque with remarks that “Joint Sign. Required” I shocked that when customer not giving any written consent for operating option. (Pls. see encl ________) In my S.B. A/c. passbook clearly mentioned operating option is “ANY ONE”. And also, upto 2008 I draw cheque anyone option and in your Dariapur Br. Record in one option shown operating option is Anyone and other system Jointly option.

What is the reason for changing operating option ?

When I personally visited Dariapur Br., Ahmedabad on 17.02.2009 and contacted staff members and Branch Manager told me that above mistake is not from their side and they are not responsible for this. I was not satisfied above answer of Branch Manager.

Who is responsible for this type of mistakes ?

Due to this dishonored cheque penalty charges and late fees charges debited from my S.B. A/c and LIC Br. Charges Rs.125/- (Pls. see encl.____________)

Who bare this type of penalty and charges ?

These types of mistakes shown that what is your CBS banking systems ? These types of mistakes arises more question about your customer security of banking management. And also check database file of Dariapur Br. Because these types of error will also found in other customer record also.

Who is responsible for this harrasement ?

Please look into my matter personally and arrange to give reverse entry and credit the LIC’s penalty charges and other late fees charges. Why should customer bare such type of charges when mistake in your banking system.

In short, if above charges not return in my S.B. A/c I want to close my account from Dariapur and above branch losses very sincere and obedient old customer, choice is yours……

An early action is highly appreciated.

Yours faithfully,