Sony Ericsson - I am not satisfied with your product and service

Consumer Complaints
I purchased a mobile model no. k810i of Sony Ericson approx 1.5 years ago. The handset was awesome. I was very happy due to my good phone selection. But after the expiry of warranty period in the very next month this phone got dead without any accidental event. It failed to start on pushing the start button. I thought of low battery & attached to charger but it started behaving abnormally. It was not showing the charging symbols & started blinking (red) at infrared portion. So, I took it to service centre located at Park Street, Kolkata (RT Outsourcing Services Ltd). I got surprised when the centre told me Rs.9000/- for it’s repairing. They told that the mother card or board of this phone is not working & require replacement.
In this regard I have to say that the price of motherboard of computer holding 500 GB or more is approx Rs.5000/-. But the mother card or board of your phone holding only 2 GB is costing Rs.8000/-. It shows the profit earning consciousness of your company. Further if the price of such a well reputed establishment’s accessories is very high it means it is for high performance and will last long. But repairing cost of Rs.9000/- for a mobile (price Rs.11000/-) in a year, do not seem to be ridicules & unprofessional.
Sony, a company having so much popularity & goodwill, known for its customer satisfaction seems to be distracted from basic points of customer care. In this view the first attention should be customer satisfaction & afterward profit seeking. But here the situation seems to be opposite. Sony is my dream company but such an event is really heart breaking.
I hope your favorable response otherwise I will have to take further steps in this regard.
Vikash kumar,
Mobile 8981101028(india)

Comments

Not Getting charger replacment - SONY ERICSSON X1 XPERIA

I have purchased one Sony Ericsson X1 Xperia from Super Electronics (P) Ltd 444/2 Krishna Puri,Outer Ring Road Vikas Puri New Delhi-110018 on 16th-Jan-2009 its Charger not working than show to carino sony ericsson service centre in kamla nagar they advice to replacement for charger its about one month back i ahve not recive any call or charger by them pls tell me what to do

mobile handset
respected sir/madam
i am ravi. i m living in patna. . i have bought a sony ericssion xperia x1 mobile mobile phone on 10th nov 2009 and it get cracked just next day of purchase without any reason. at that time i am cheking my emails so i just searched a word xperia x1 crack in google.com. i get socked to vew the screen as there are 1250000 web pages showing xperia x1 crack both on web search and on image search. because xperia phons are still craking all over country due to their defective design and use of cheep quality of material a/c some xi users.all have the same type of crak at the same places. my phone is also cracked at the exactly same place as shown in diferent websites.

but i have to go my medical college which is situated in ranchi so i contect my seller on 27th nov 2009 for that issue. they said we seller cant do anything so u have to go the service center which is about 12 km far from my house. so i contect the support.sonyericssion.com by sendig a email about my x1 cracking issue. after three day i have got a reply mail as
Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting Sony Ericsson Contact Center.
With reference to your Email, we request you to kindly visit your nearest service center and they will assist you in a better way.

Please note that the phone would be repaired under warranty provided no physical or liquid damage is found within the 12 months from the date of purchase. In the event the phone is assessed as such, the limited warranty is void. In this instance since your Sony Ericsson mobile phone is assessed as liquid damaged, you will be required to pay for the service charges on the phone plus other repair charges.

Best Regards,
Verma, Ankita
Sony Ericsson Contact Center

If we can be of further assistance, please email to us at questions.in@support.sonyericsson.com.

For the latest news and further product information, kindly visit our website at www.sonyericsson.com

For software downloads and user guides, kindly visit our website at www.sonyericsson.com/support

For content downloads, kindly visit our website at www.sonyericsson.com/fun

In case of any assistance please feel free to contact 39011111, (Prefixed by STD code of your city from Mobile or non-BSNL/non-MTNL No.), 1800-11-1800 (Toll free number from BSNL & MTNL

Contact Us | Legal | Your Privacy
©Copyright 2001-2008. Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications. All rights reserved.

so i reached the nearest service center and i asked a question with a employe " have u know that xperia phones are cracking all over world. they told me "no" we havent recive such type of comlains. then i told him abut website and also asked what is the solution for me . they said your phones crakes not comes under warranty u have to purchase a new battry compartment then we shall repaired it. now this time we have not battry compartment for you so u have to wait for next month and till please take away your hanset and . we cant do anythng more. after my requset "please acept my hanset because if i use this set wether i can get more cracked" they refuse to acept. suddnly a new crack is also noticed at that time which is not present at my home. i shaw the workes .then they acept my handset without a proper recipt. they only give me copy of reciving withot indicating job sheet no or any other information. only there is a land line phone no and telling me wait for 14 day we are informing this issue to our seniors
so sir/madam please help me where i should i contect for value of money. i dont want repairing because. i m sure that after repairing the same thing happn again and again. because several x1 usere told me about this.
so sir/madam personly u also vissit the google.com and just type the wors" xperia x1 crack" then u decide whether u have to help me or not?
i m also lefting some link here
xperiax1in.blogspot.com/
xperia-x1.com/xperia-x1-showing-cracks/
sonyinsider.com/2008/12/28/users-reporting-cracks-appearing-on-xperia-x1-hardware/
forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=447211

i dont want to stay with sony ericsson and i will never buy a product which is made by sony ericsson
D Feb 24, 2012 by
Faisal Jamal

For the first time i was purchase the cell phone of your company but now i realize that you don't have any satisfactory options for the customer. I am using W8 walkman there is to many complaints in this handset.

Sony Ericsson - I am not satisfied with your product and service