Sony - Defective Laptop

Vyom Bansal on Nov 16, 2011
I bought a new Sony Vaio Laptop model VPCEL15EN/B on 12.11.2011 from an authorised dealer in Ludhiana. Today while working on laptop, the screen started to show horizontal white lines. The LED Screen of the Laptop is found to be defective.

Sony supplied the Laptop with defective screen and the Laptop had to be taken to service center within 4 days of its purchase.

What a shame that a brand like sony cannot live upto the Quality and expectations of customers.

Friends, beware do not buy Sony Laptop as the models being offered in market appear to be inferior laptops.

Vyom Bansal

Comments

N Nov 28, 2011 by
sonyindia

Sony does not sell defective products. Every product sold by Sony India goes through many strict quality tests before it is made available in the market.

From which dealer have you bought the laptop? Please share the dealer’s name and address. Also have you reported this concern to our toll-free service helpline at 1800-103-7799? If yes, please share your complaint no. with us. We will need this information in order to assist you further.

Sony India Team
N Oct 5, 2013 by
Dhananjoy Karmakar Sony  - Kolkata, Kolkata, West Bengal, India

Based on the assurance by the lady from your Hazra Service Centre (033-24850642) on 30/09/2013, I had sent my defective laptop to the Hazra Service Centre on October 03, 2013 through Vision Comtech. The log no. is 301128170. Today i.e. October 05, 2013, I did call up your Hazra Service Centre (033-24850642) to know about the status of my laptop and was taken aback to hear from the lady, named Amita, that my laptop would be returned to me after repair after 15 more days. What is baffling is that a Company like Sony is resorting to misleading its customers. I once again retierate that if I dont receive my laptop in proper working condition or a new laptop in place of the defective one by Monday evening i.e. October 07, 2013 then I shall lodge a complaint in the District Consumer Forum on Tuesday i.e. October 08, 2013. I have been losing business oportunities for the last 10 days and Sony needs to compensate me.

Sony - Defective Laptop