Standard Chartered Bank - Reversal of Fraud Transaction

salman_elex on May 9, 2012
On 1st june 2011, Someone stole my Standard Chartered Credit card and did the physical swipe of Rs. 14400/- . He bought a blackberry mobile from THE MOBILE STORE shop near mira road station. i blocked that card immediately after recieving a transaction SMS. Customer Care executive suggested me not to go for an FIR as bank will do the investigation but they did nothing except to collect the reciept of the transaction from merchant and now making me liable to pay that amount.
according to me its totally merchant ignorance who made this transaction completed successfully, he should have verify the signature at the back of the card, secondly MOBILE STORE have policy to take the photo ID proof for all the transaction above Rs. 5000/- but still he didn't do that. If he would have done that, fraud transaction whould have not taken place.
From the date of transaction to till now investigation & discussion was going on with bank neither i receive a timely reply nor customer care gave me a proper response, which leads to delay in conclusion. Now police is not taking my complaint as its been a year for this incident.
i have not done that transaction, bank can verify my signature, bank have the CCTV footage where they can check. Also i have blocked the card immediately after the incident occured hence i dont liable to pay the amount which i haven't transact.
due to intrest on that amount total outstanding on that card has increased to rs. 21000/- now.
Please help.