State Bank of India - Education Loan Interest Subsidy Scheme

tsahoo3
I have taken an education loan from SBI Bannerghatta Branch. MHRD has now come up with "Education Loan Subsidy Scheme" for students. The bank communicated us about a wrong limit (which they say is 10 lakhs). There is no mention of the same anywhere on MHRD site. When I talked to manager regarding this, his behaviour was very abrupt and told that this was the communication from Canara Bank which is selected as a nodal contact for executing the same. I donot understand how the limit can be 10 lakhs when IIMs charge more than 12 lakhs as fees only. I have already complained about the same to MHRD & Canara Bank. SBI people behave very immature and shocking way. I want a clarification.

Comments

Manila Singh State Bank of India  - India

DELAY OF ADMIT CARD - IIM BANGLORE

i have yet not receiced my admit card for CAT-2008 exams.
my all other friends & even my brother has got it who is living with me.
please do some instant action for this as only 13 days are left for the exam.

sincere wishes,
Manila Singh
anilo kumar markam State Bank of India  - India

i have yet not received my admit card fir cat-2008 exams.
anilo kumar markam State Bank of India  - India

have yet not received my admit card for cat -2008 exams.
KISHOR BANERJEE SBI Bank  - India

Allotment of loan by wrong credit card no - SBI Bank

I shri k banerjee,
had been alloted a loan through cerdit card no9401270226598006 ammount RS onelakh on date14.4.09.File no of loan is 5524036. asI have no such type of creditcard so please rectify credit card no which I have.
thanking you K BANERJEE
kv_1968@yahoo.co.in Education Loan  - India

no procedures - Education Loan

Nowadays to take loan first we have to have close relatives, close friends of ALL TYPE AND M FRIENDS THEN ONLY WE GET LOANS IN ALL BANKS ALMOST. SORRY FOR THIS MESSAGE BECAUSE I AM FACING AT PRESENT .THIS HAS TO CHANGE ONLY GOD CAN HELP THOSE NEED MONEY TIMELY.
Vikash Jangra Student  - India

against education loan - Student

with due respect i am vikas jangra of tohana(fatehbad). actully last year i had apply for my education loan in UBI as per the bank rule there is no security will b required for the loan upto 4lack. at that time i have not this information so the bank manager told us for submit the security for the loan,as we submit the property of sum 4lack he said this is not enough for this loan ,as my study going on atleast my 1st year of my engineering almost done but he don't going to give me the loan but that time my parents was not able for pay my fee for 2nd year so they agree to give the security of appro. of 8 lack,after submitting the security they give me the loan for only my next 3 year not for my last one year.so sir im requesting to you to take a strict decision. i shall b thankfull to you for this act of kindness.
human454 Canara Bank  - Tamil Nadu, India

educational loan not providing - Canara Bank

canara bank in bhavani not providing any type of educational loan if they provide it will not enough for the studies and delaying the process and not providing the application any way treating like a dog speaking bad words . sir any body pls take any step to provide loan gently
krashan State Bank of India  - Karhal, Mainpuri, Uttar Pradesh, India

wrong talk - SBI

your worker mr tripati is working in karhal mainpuri branch .he do not know. how to talk with customer. he is very goofy man. me have hurt by this man.
tsahoo3 Canara Bank  - Bangalore, Bangalore, Karnataka, India

Education Loan Interest Subsidy - Canara Bank

I have taken an education loan from SBI Bannerghatta Branch. MHRD has now come up with "Education Loan Subsidy Scheme" for students. The bank communicated us about a wrong limit (which they say is 10 lakhs). There is no mention of the same anywhere on MHRD site. When I talked to manager regarding this, his behaviour was very abrupt and told that this was the communication from Canara Bank which is selected as a nodal contact for executing the same. I donot understand how the limit can be 10 lakhs when IIMs charge more than 12 lakhs as fees only. I want MHRD to take strict steps to punish these banks. Please send me some clarification about the details.
tsahoo3 Canara Bank  - Bangalore, Bangalore, Karnataka, India

Education Loan Interest Subsidy Scheme - Canara Bank

I have taken an education loan from SBI Bannerghatta Branch. MHRD has now come up with "Education Loan Subsidy Scheme" for students. The bank communicated us about a wrong limit (which they say is 10 lakhs). There is no mention of the same anywhere on MHRD site. When I talked to manager regarding this, his behaviour was very abrupt and told that this was the communication from Canara Bank which is selected as a nodal contact for executing the same. I donot understand how the limit can be 10 lakhs when IIMs charge more than 12 lakhs as fees only. I have already complained about the same to MHRD. Please send me some clarification about the details.
arun8558 Student  - Bangalore, Bangalore, Karnataka, India

not got my subsidy amount yet - Student

sir, as i ve paid my cet fee of 91,000 wch is the higher fee, the govt had promised to reimburse the 25,000 amount as subsidy but still i ve not got so pls pls help me in getting my money back bcoz every month i ve to pay loan wch has been difficult now as i ve not got the job yet so pls pls pls help me.... hope u help me soon...

Sanctioned education to my son from State Bank of India, Thiruvananthapuram, Technopark Branch of Rs.40000/- on August 2009 and first & second year fee has been allotted to me. Now I would like to know the interest subsidy on the above loan and I would like to know the procedure to get me the beneft as per Govt. of India norms.Kindly intimate the details to my e-mail addres given below:
jayakumarvasudevannair1957@gmail.com

V.Jayakumar.
sunilrai Canara Bank  - Bangalore, Bangalore, Karnataka, India

my son taken education loan in 2006 Jan.he was adimitted in july 2005.
wether he is eligible for intt.subsidy paid during 2009-10

thanks
sunil rai

email-sunilrai_2006rbl@yahoo.com

I am also facing similar situation. I took loan from SBI Branch IIM Lucknow. At the time of taking the loan I asked for a loan amount to cover my fees alone which was 8.27 lakh. But the bank asked me to go for a higher amount by including mess fees, travel, laptop, monthly payout and all and finally sanctioned 12 lakhs. At that time they told I will be charged interest on the amount I finally draw from the loan account.
But now when i enquired about the interest subsidy. they are insisting on this 10 lakh limit which is nowhere mentioned in the directive of MHRD. Had i known this in advance i wouldnt have taken loan of 12 lakhs.

Also in the directive of MHRD, they specifies that this new scheme will benifit students from IIMs. Most of the IIMs are charging fees way above 10 lakh. So I don't understand this 10 lakh limit logic.

I hope MHRD will come out with some stern directive on this.

Hashim
N Mar 8, 2011 by
sp.girish456@gmail.com Canara Bank  - Bangalore, Bangalore, Karnataka, India

Hi, I took Educational loan to do my MBA for Rs. 1, 30, 000/- in the year 2006-2008. Is i am eligible for Interest subsidy.

Thanks.
Girish

email id - sp.girish456@gmail.com
N May 18, 2011 by
sathisheaswar State Bank of India  - Gobi, Erode, Tamil Nadu, India

not canceling the interest for education loan - tmb

i got a education loan from TMB, amount of rs 1.40 thousand, i pay the interest of 36000 but now that increased as 1.68000, the bank not canceling the intrest for my education loan.
i didnt get a job. so i cont return to pay the amount. what i do?
N May 24, 2011 by
riyaz_98 Canara Bank  - Bangalore, Bangalore, Karnataka, India

I have taken educational loan 1 lak from Tamil nadu Mercantile Bank coimbatore on 2009 to 2010. when i'm asking about interest subsidy they said that they didn't receive any order from government. please tell me whether that bank is eligible to provide this scheme.
N May 28, 2011 by
lovelynkj

i have taken education loan from sbbj sikar(rajasthan) for the b.tech.
i've taken loan for the session 2008-2012 . i apply in the bank on 22 march and they say that last date to apply has been gone. is there any last date
please help me...

my email id: lovelynkj.jangir@gmail.com
N Jun 13, 2011 by
shreemm

I HAVE TAKKEN LOAN FROM SBBJ, JAIPUR EDUCATION LOAN FOR MBA AMETI UNIVERSITY, JAIPUR AND I HAVE ALSO APPLIED FOR SUBSIDY FOR INTEREST BEFORE SIX MONTH BUT I AM VERY SORRY TO SAY THAT TILL DATE I HAVE NOT RECEIVED ANY COMNICATION OR CREDIT FOR THE SAME A MY ACCOUNT DEBITED EVERY MONTH BY INTEREST AMOUNT. PL ADVICE ME THAT WHAT STEP WILL BI SUTABLE FOR GETING INTEREST SUBSIDY FOR THE SAME .

BY E MAIL ADDRESS IS shreemm@hotmail.com

MAHESH KUMAR VIJAY
15, KRISHNA VIHAVE VISHAR, GOLYAWAS ROAD
MANSAROWAR, JAIPUR
N Jul 18, 2011 by
manish lohani

i want to know about govt subsidy scheme for education loan .

State Bank of India - Education Loan Interest Subsidy Scheme