Tata DoCoMo / Prepaid - misplacement of documents

dr.parthasarathi on Apr 8, 2011
I had applied for a prepaid Tata docomo mobile connection in the September of 2009, for which, I had submitted a passport sized photograph of me and photocopy of my driver's license as the identity and address proof at the time of applying for the connection. But, the connection allocated to me was activated in the name of a person other than me. When I approached the retailer with the above problem he stated his inability to help me and instead asked me to visit the Tata telesevices ltd. office for the complaint registration. I intimated the authority at the Tata teleservices ltd. office regarding the above problem on 12-09-2009 and registered a complaint for the change in my identity and address. The officer there requested me to submit my photograph and address and identity proof afresh. On being mentioned about the documents having been submitted earlier and inquired about the status of the documents already submitted, he stated that since the office staff were relatively new, may be the documents got misplaced by mistake. He also tried to convince me that the missing documents will not be misused and if ever a connection was allotted against my documents, the same would be rejected during the identity verification check. So, I was given no options other than to resubmit the documents again and provided a customer copy of my compliant.
In spite of repeated assurances, the complaint has not been addressed till date. Rather, each time when I complain, I am asked to resubmit my documents again and again. i fear my documents have been misused and someone else is using a connection in my name. more then 18 months have passed in between but the status quo remains the same.
What should i do now?
Complaint comments 1 Comment     Updated:

Comments

N Apr 8, 2011 by
dr.parthasarathi

you have spelled my name incorrectly.i understand you have to attend to a number of complaints and such mistake did happen on your part, unless you have done it purposely.
with reference to your request, my tata docomo number is 9040633045 and my alternate number and email id are 09438174489 and parthasarathi.doc@gmail.com.
thanks for your co-operation.
dr.parthasarathi