Tata Indica DLG - Fuel Injection Pump issue

hello_badri
I purchased Tata Indica DLG version 3 years back. Its has currently completed 55000 kms (on an average of 1500 kms / month). It has been maintained in a very good condition. I do the service regularly - once in 5000 kms at the Tata dealer service center only.

Offlate, I am facing the issue of car jerking very frequently after it runs 20 kms inside city. The A/C is ON during this time. But even if I OFF the A/C, the jerk continues. I went to the Tata dealer showroom in Chennai yesterday. I heard that they need to calibrate the fuel injection pump (FIP) which was given by Lucas. I also heard stories that Lucas product supplied is not upto the mark.

But the history of tata cars show that FIP needs to be calibrated only around 1, 50, 000 kms or 2, 00, 000 kms. So, doing it in 55, 000 kms is not an answer or solution to my car issue. They say that the charge is around 12 - 15, 000 and might take 2 - 3 days to complete this activity.

I brought the car back as I was not satisfied with the answer. I want TATA dealer to take a look at my issue and ensure that I get a amicable solution for my query.

Comments

similar problem faced by me for just 40, 000 kms and got it calibrated and we have to see the fate of lucas pump.

I have a Indica of 2005 model. I have been facing the same FIP problem and need to service it from TVS Lukas at every 50, 000 Km approx. I got it serviced 4 times till date, each servicing costing 10K . The explanation given by TVS Lukas people in Pune is that they supply to both Tata as well as for Ford Icon. They receive only 1 Icon FIP for every 100 FIP of Indica. They say this is because TATAs pay less for FIPs to TVS. Hence quality will suffer according to the price.

TATA Moters stop Manfcharint is reatin in car suchen lo standed .But the history of tata cars show that FIP needs to be calibrated only around 1, 50, 000 kms or 2, 00, 000 kms. I Hav calibraded My Fip Pump from tata Moters in mumbai but i am no hep withe serves dun Mr Tata shoud loke in the isuen vare calefule
N Apr 30, 2011 by
Alok Govil

Mr Badrinarayanan,
I have Indica DLX 2003 model, done about 47000 kms. I saw your post on internet. I am facing the same problem of jerking in my car since few years. Tata service centre at Kolkata says FIP needs to be calibrated with expenditure about 10000 - 12000 in 3 days time at Lucas. I am facing exactly same problem you faced in 2008. What did you do. Did you get any solution from Tata/Lucas. I will be thankful for a response.
I am giving my contact deatils. please pass me your mob so that I can talk to you.
Col Alok Govil
email - alokgovil007@yahoo.com
9432013929, 033 24486803
Kolkata 700027
A Jun 2, 2011 by
rathore.devendras

I have Tata Indica DLS that does not pick up on even a small hill, the model is 2006 and its 55, 000 KMs till now. Fortune Cars Mumbai(Tata Dealer) have been servicing this car. Now they have said Fuel Injection Problem and quoted Rs.16, 000/- for this calibration.

I am worried will the car work fine after that, i am really fed up with the tata manufacturing defects.

Any solutions to this, please respond to my mail

Devendra Rathore
Dated:03 June, 2011
rathore.devendras@gmail.com
N Jul 15, 2011 by
ranvir.sharma

I also have indiaca dle v2 2003 model and having almost the same problem after running 0f 50, 000 KMs,
and after discussing with mr. col. alokgovil i found the alternate solution that he went to the local mechenic and the mechenic charged a normal 1000 INR for cleaning the fuel injector and now the probelm is almost cured.
so i am also planning to go for local mechanic to serviced the fuel injector.

I hope it work well for me also.
Rajbir Vats
011-20459287, +0091 (0) 9313102797
for PRATIBHA TOTAL IT SOLUTIONS
Plot No.26 & 27, Vill. Khatkar, P.O. Kundli
Distt. Sonepat (Haryana) Pin : 131028
core service provider website designing@4500/-, web development, search engine optimization@2000/-, email promotion@1paisa, sms solutions@6paisa, domain registration@500/-, web hosting@1500/-, email hosting, email databse, mobile database, google application support
for more detail please log onto http://ptits.net for domain registration log onto http://ptitsolutions.in
A Jan 16, 2012 by
bensam82

I have an Indica V2 which has now completed 43000 Kms...the same problem has come to my car as well...the service center has charged me Rs 24, 000/- for this...I am regretting buying a TATA car now...the expenses are always high when it comes to service or part failures...my friend bought a Maruti Alto at the same time and he has spend as of now only Rs 40000/- for servicing while my bill in the past 5 yrs hve crossed 1.5 lakhs..Tata cars is indeed a bad choice...

Benny Samuel.
bensam82@gmail.com
9920277680.
D Nov 1, 2012 by
narendrabhawsar

I AM FACING SUCH PROBLEM ALSO OF FIP (FULEL PUMP )OF INDICA IS IT REALLY COST 18 ~ 20K
IF ANY ONE CAN GUIDE AND HAVING A BETTER SOLUTION PLEASE LET ME KNOW.
NARENDRA BHAWSAR
INDORE
D Nov 7, 2012 by
sharvanarya

I have purchase Tata Vista from Tata Metro Motor, Ambala Cantt in the month of July 2009 & take the additional varantee for next 2 years on cost & now my car face a problum & i visit to Metro Motor for the same, firstly i was informed that the work to be done by outside lucas agency & then i visit to New Patiala Auto, Ambala city for the same, but when i show the varantee papers to the concerned agency, they told me to go to Metro Motor for varranty cases are deal by them.

On 05.11.2012 i visited to metro motor & handover my car to that service agency Metro Motor, Ambala cantt for resolving the problum of car, after that in mid day of 05.11.12, i was informede that my job is out of warranty they say that it is provided upto 80000km, whereas in warranty card it was mentioned 1, 50, 000km, which was seen by lucas Agency, New Patriala Auto on 03.11.12 & asked me about warrenty job.

When i visit to metro motor on 06.11.2012, i paid some advance amount of Rs.5000/- & asked to made final bills on 07.11.12 after the completion of job of my car, When i drive my car on highway on 07.11.12, i saw nothing has done to remove the problum & i asked the concerned Supervisor & Works manager also about my car problum & asked to do the necessary job work
Kindly do the needful for resolving my problum.

Thanking you.

Shravan kumar Arya
Tata Indica Vista-HR01Y-9537
Ambala Cantt
9896618617 & 9996606868
N Jan 15, 2014 by
Aryabhat

I am too facing the same issue. I own a Indica Turbo DLG, 2007 make. Recently standard service and engine-decarbonizing was done at mumbai TASS. Within 2-3 days of service cold starting problem appeared. When I contacted TASS they did some investigation on my car for some 6 odd days and concluded that it is happening due to fused heater plugs so they replaced 2 of them. Again after 2 days same problem again they kept my car in investigation for 2 days and they are saying that FIP needs to be calibrated/serviced at Lucas workshop at the cost of some 15~20 thousand rupees. My car has clocked only 31000 km till now and have already spent around Rs.16500 last month on service.
It appears Tata car's part are totally unreliable, how can person afford such a high maintenance !
Adding to the poor quality of TAAS. People at TASS do not any idea about the service they are mending ways to fleece customers by doing wrong diagnosis.

Tata Indica DLG - Fuel Injection Pump issue