Tata Photon Plus - Speed of internet is very slow

Murugadasan

Comments

Malathy

Very slow connectivity - Tata Indicom Net

Iam residing in Ayanavaram, Chennai. Last month, I have got a Tata Indicom connection. For the last two weeks, there is a decrease in the speed and after 9 to 10 clock at night this problem persists. I am a Medical Transcriptionist working in the nightshift, speed gradually decreased for the past two weeks, so please take this as a complaint and do the needful..

Address.
#2/348, Anna Cross Street,
Thiruvalluvar Nagar,
Ayanavaram,
Chennai-23.

#9941548759

Very slow and third rated connection - TATA Indicom

Hi all,

This is to make you aware of the kind of product Tata Indicom Broadband connection (wired) is in Pune/maharastra. I have been using it for a couple of months now and right from the day one, I have observed very clearly that the surfing as well as the downloading speed are much more inferior as compared to what I used to get in Gujarat with the same ISP.

Surfing often is a very frustrating experience with Tata indicom as the speed is wavering and inconsistent. Every other minute, the speed goes down and ’Page cannot be displayed’ error displays for even the most lightweight sites like Google. Later, by hitting the ’enter’ key couple of times or ’refresh’ icon, the site loads. This is an everyday issue and on notifying the engineers/ISP customer service center, they are either not able to understand the problem or do not want to admit that Tata, unlike in its other reliable products, has been a miserable failure in Tata Indicom product (especially tata indicom broadband).

I am waiting for another ISP to have a feasibility in the area where I stay so that I take no time to get rid of these lousy guys.

Below is the url that will display an image from www.speedtest.net when I tried to test my speed. It clearly shows that the speed I get is 0.09 Mb/s (Megabits/s) which is equal to 11.52 KiloBytes/s.

Imagine I am using a 256 kbps connection (unlimited) and look at the miserable download speed.

Tata...you are just not being honest with respect to this product of yours :

-Ashutosh

Very Low Speed for Photon + - Tata Indicom/ Photon+

I had purchased a Photon + recently. The Phone no. is 30040689 and Account No. 934185426.
The speed ranges between 256 KBPS tp 330 KBPS. Which is very less compared to the advertised speed of 3.1 MBPS. The technical executive says that it is standard and will not get more than this.

for four days rium will get lock? - TATA

my phone has got lock

phone got lock after three days, what is this.
i request u to open my phone lock
my phone:9292859841

Internet connection not working - TATA-PHOTON-PLUS- TATA INDICOM

This is in regard to the plug to serve internet connection that i have bought from Tata Indicom -9212680069 .
From day one I am getting issues in connectivity and speed but no one is hearing .
About 5-10 emails and calls have been made but they just say this is network issue one says this is tech issue.
But No resolution.
When they cannot deliver the services why to promise to customers and when we consumers paying such high amount we need it back and want to terminate the servies right away .
My Complain no was 187801449.
Please look into this for the resolution as soon as possible and some strict Actions again this Tata Indicom.

poor internet speed of photon+ - Tata Indicom/ Photon+

I am using your photon+ for last four months, for the last months , I am facing the network coverage problem. always ,when I connect the photon+, its speed comes out under 20kbps, and downloading speed is around 0-5 kbps. I have been lodge complaints so many times , and also talk with your nodal officers , team leader of internet department, but right now no solution at all. I have lodge my first complaint on 22/8/2009, my photon+ no. is 9212624913 and a/c no. 904541073, resolve it in 2 or 3 days otherwise I will discontinue the servvices

mera naanm avdhesh kori. mai jald he me tata photon purchesd keya ho. muzhe bataya gaya tha ke mera speed jo ho ga 3.1mbps ka leken utni speed nahi hai. sach me jo uske speed hai o hai surf 130kbps aur downlod 35kbps .

Worst Speed - is it really Broadband? - TATA Indicom - Photon+

I have subscribed to Tata Indicom's Broadband "Photon+" in exchange of their erstwhile CDMA 1x Data services. Last 3-4 weeks the speed has drastically gone down worse than CDMA 1x data card.

it hovers around .2 to .5 Mbps and many time it stands to "Zero" which results in "Page not found Error". Even the fastest search engine - Google take minutes to open up & some time event does not open.

Have raised SR with TATA Indicom customercare twice:
1) on 9-12-09 201015573
2) on 14-12-2009 201525353

Post first SR Tata Indicom's engineer visited & cleaned up Temp files, reloaded the drivers etc but problem remained the same, he also checked speed (http:speedtest.net) & confirmed for slow speed connection - tested signal strength which was good.

So on my feedback I wrote problem not resolved & engineer promised it take with their Networking team. To my surprise no action was taken post that & SR was closed.

Second SR was raised, it is still open - have received more than 5-6 calls on a single day (15-12-2009) just asking me if the problem was resolved without having worked on the problem??? Then came the promise next day to send engineer one more time on Saturday 19-12-2009, no one turned up.

I called today 21-12-2009 to check on the update & was told that SInce engineer could not make it they thmeselves updated the SR to be resolved by 21-12-2009 without even informing me.

The issue however is not at my device or laptop end, I checked with another user of Photon+ & he is also facing the similar issue. Tata Indicom has spent huge sums on Ads to sell it & were successful in selling in nos (it seems) because the when it was launched the speed was not a problem (my own experience) but now there is increased load on their network & hence not able to provide promised service.

Since they are not able to provide the promised services for Broadband & still taking money from customers - it is an act of mistrust, cheating & breach of services contract.

I am not very sure writing here would help me solve the issue - but for those who are reading this note, please beware & donot fall victim of false promises made by Tata Indicom.

Ranjeet Singh

Yes. When I called the customer care they said you will get a minimum of 300kbps to a maximum of 3100kbps. However the average is 700 - 1300 kbps and never really 3100 not even 1800 which is the min req to qualify as broadband. But its good mobile device for working.

On 1st January 2010 I have purchased a TATA Photon from Cuttack Tata Indicom HUB. The internet browsing is very slow and downloading also very slow. Besides that connection has failed within 20 to 30 minute. Then re-starting the PC and connect again...
A.Ahmad

Broadband or Wasteband - photon plus

I stay in Hiranandani Estate, Thane (W). I was influenced by the advertising of Tata Indicom Photon Plus and I purchased photon plus 10 GB, about 4- months back. For the last one month the speed was very slow. The download speed is 0.5 mbps and upload speed is 0.07 mbps. I complained vide docket no. 206762097 dated 23-01-10, 207172223 dated 27-01-10 & 207510163 dated 29-01-10. The reason for the above three complaints was because the customer care gave false promises of sending their executive "within 24 hrs" but as usual they failed to even call back to me. After lot of follow up I got a call from Tata Indicom and they told that this is a network problem and due to server overloading they can not do anything. Further , they were not in a position to tell when this problem will be over. In their automated generated mail they have mentioned that if the customer is not satisfied they can call the nodal officer on 022 - 65102309 but this number is never accessible.
In the nut shell the Photon Plus is run by unprofessional group with a team of insensitive customer care. They are simply duping the customers promising a speed of 3.1 mbps. So please beware of them.

Dear Customer

Greetings from Tata Indicom!

We apologize for the inconvenience you had to go through.

Please be informed that your complaint has been forwarded to concerned department and will revert shortly. However, we cannot assure you a confirmed date or time.

Should you require any further assistance please mail us at Customer.care@tatatel.co.in

Thanks and Regards
Customer Care
Tata Indicom

My Tata photon plus number 09219641223 and my plan is 750 per month, Tata photon plus speed is incredibly slow. In the advertisement they claim the speed is upto 3.1 MBPS. But I could not even hit 128 kbps. I still feel like working with 28.8 kbps speed. Once I am complaint the same to your care and that time most probably 10-15 days this connection is working good speed, but last four days this connection is running very very slow. In this connection please rectify the same for your good relationship to us. Thank you
vineela Tata Photon Plus  - Karnataka, India

slow internet connection - Tata Photon Plus

I have been complaining regarding slow internet connection.There is no response from the tata photon people.They have a horrible customer service.
vivek.vasant1 Tata Photon Device  - Karnataka, India

not got internet connectivity for more than 2 weeks - TaTa Photon Device

I have taken Tata Photon device 2 weeks back and submitted all the documents as per the agents suggestion. Later on it got disconnected since they said document is not valid because rental aggrement is not in my name.
Then I again submitted the bonafide letter for TCS(where I am working currently).
The agent and the dealer said it will be activated within 24 hours. It has been more that 4 days and still it has not been activated.

1)When I call Cuctomer Care they use to say" our details havent been updated in our database".
2)when I call the agent (Name-Ashfaq) he said that he has already submitted the document to the dealer.
3)I called dealer he said he has not got the document from the agent
and wad not picking up the call.

Everyone is playing ball game with the customer.
I want to sue Tata Indicom ans the delaer for this.I have put hell lot of effort on this and didnt get any result.
I need mymoney back and the fine amount either from Tata Indicom/dealer. If not done I will go to the consumer court.

Dealer contact - Hemant-09590933799(R T nagar, Bangalore)
Agent contact - Ashfaq(09980271147) office- agents office -BTM layout,Banglore.

Reply soon.

My mail Id - vivek.vasant1@gmail.com
ashay

my photon plus speed is much less than 300kbps which is the minimum speed according to them.
john45

tata photon plus fucking bastard ... i havent seen such a fucked service ever, , , , , , , , bloody bastards... i couldnt even check mails, it hours to load the site ...with their photon plus next generation internet connection, , , , , bitches and son of mother fuckers ...
dolha

wake up tata photon plus owner wake up...lots of people making badd doooass for u...get what promises u do in front customers.your speed is really reallly really really really reallly really reallyreally reallly really reallyreally reallly really reallyreally reallly really reallyreally reallly really reallyreally reallly really reallyreally reallly really reallyreally reallly really reallyreally reallly really really slow...dont u understand pple leaving such comments here...i dont think there's any differences btween ur brand and the brand like tikona. which has also a very slow speed...r u with me guys...?????????????
i dont hv option to change the brand also as already bought the hardware with 2500...god know whot they will do...?????????????????
ur only ans that is signal is weak is not the all time evergreen solution for your customer...mind it be4 sending your technicianssssssssssssssss

Tata photon+ is none other than a stupid useless device. It's combined with all bullshit stuffs. In their ad, they said download speed of up to 3.1 mbps but i never even got 100 Kbps. May be they made a mistake while printing in this device cover, which should be 3.1Kbps instead of 3.1 Mbps. My region has a good signal strength sometimes i got 100% signal but the speed never reach 100 Kbps.

Never go for this device.

Tata Photon Plus - Speed of internet is very slow