Tata Sky - no option for removal of packages online

aditya singh
I wanted to remove sports gold pack and add espn-star pack, but on the website there is no option for removal of packages. Apparently, they just want us to add packages and milk more money out of us.
Moreover, the search feature on tatasky website is utterly useless, and I finally had to 'google' my concern to find in other forums that a package can only be removed by calling up there call centre.

Comments

Santosh

Annual Package of Sport Gold - Tata Sky

Since last one year i am using Tata Sky. After some time they introduced Sport Gold pack which consist Neo Sports with two channels. I have opted for annual pack costing of Rs. 149. After completion of 1 year, they have added this pack on monthly basis to my subscription without my permission. When i contact the CCE, they didn't have any satishfactory answer. They also told me that we do not have any more the annual pack for this channel. You have only option for monthly pack. In such case, i can see easily i am loosing Rs. 151 on annual basis.

I just want to ask why this is monopoly of such distributor is running in the market? Is there anybody who can sue this distributor and then can stop such behavior of Tata Sky?

Please let me know.

In Tata Sky website the channel packages tab under annual mega pack it is mentioned No hassles in managing different Add-On packages or a la carte channels and these are the list of channels that you wish to add. In case you like to go for one pack and drop another you can do so and it is mentioned at the end of the page in the channel packages that Tata Sky Ltd. reserves the right to add or drop a channel/ package/ service from any package and/or change the package rates. It must have not caught your sight, kindly check on the page http://www.tatasky.com/channel-packages.html
Lalit

Kindly tell about the channel packages.List of channels in different packages. List of all religious channels.Is " A to Z " channel available in any package.
ashwani.khandelwal Tata Sky  - Rajasthan, India

TATA sky packages droup - Tata Sky

i am ashwani khandelwal. i have a TATA sky connection. i have open sport platinum pack by mistake.
when i call TATA sky help line No. his give me ans. i will not drop ur packages in 90 days. i told him before some month u will drop packed after next day. his told me our rules are changed.i told him by mistake i have open this channel package pls drop it. his told me his will drop next month(oct21) but his not drop. i will call again his give me same response his will drop package after 90 days. i told him his not give me any information about this drop pack in 90 days. if u changed any rules u give the information our customer. but u dont give me any information about this condition. his told me i will give information only those person whose call tata sky help No. u open ur package using mobile MSG. i told him Pls drop may Pak. other wise i will take other action his told me take ur action i will not droop ur packed.

Thanks & regard
ashwani khandelwal
ashwani.khandelwal Tata Sky  - Rajasthan, India

not good response form TATA sky without any information of Customer his changed any condition.
N Jan 7, 2011 by
himvadodaria Tata Sky  - Gujarat, India

no unsubscribe option online - Tata Sky

tata sky is very sick...how can a MNC have no option of remove ?

totally illogical and shame for company for this kind of cheap attitude..

company is not informing you when you are subscribing any package that there is no option of remove online.

disgusting
N Jun 5, 2011 by
prashant_tandon

Same issue I face. The response is inadequate and incorrect.

Tata Sky is making it difficult for consumers to drop packages. They cannot claim they are honestb in their way of business. Very disappointed - if one has a choice, stay away from Tata Sky
N Oct 7, 2011 by
jayeshbmohan Tata Sky  - Pune, Pune, Maharashtra, India

removal of existing channels - Tata Sky

i am customer of tata sky since 1 year. i am a malayalee and i have choosen south jumbo package offered by tata sky.
when i subscribed to the package i had 6 channels. Now i observe that they have suddenly without any intimation to the customer have removed two popular channels namely DD malayalam and Amrita tv. I have spoken to the customer care and they have answered that these two channels have been removed for the inclusion of two hindi channels. i am truly dissappointed and feel cheated by tata sky. please suggest.
N Oct 14, 2011 by
JOY NI Tata Sky  - Ahmednagar, Maharashtra, India

EXISTING CHANNELS DROPPED - Tata Sky

I am a Tata Sky subsriber. My sbscription ID-1013486608. Tata Sky had dropped 3 existing channels from the package which are D.D.NATIONAL MALAYALAM, AMRITA & KAIRALI. However, they have not added any channels in place of dropped. We are paying the same charges even drop of channels. Look into the matter and ask Tata Sky to add 3 other Malayalam Channels instead of dropped ones. Thanks & Regards, Joy.N.I (joy_nediyalimolel@yahoo.co.in)
A Jul 13, 2012 by
Drjigar Modi

on website there is no option 4 removal of packages.its useless.for add channels or packages there are so many simple way to do it.but 4 removal of channels or packages its difficult.even on call center. they are always busy 4 useless talking. DISAPPOINTING. ITS ALL ABOUT TO MAKE MONEY NOT 4 A SERVICES.
A Jul 13, 2012 by
Drjigar Modi

THEY JUST ADD CHANNEL OR PACKAGES ON MARKETING CALL AT LUNCH BREAK TIME OR AT NIGHT.NOT EVEN BY CONFIRM BY MASSAGES. ONLY ON MARKETING CALL.
A Oct 1, 2012 by
SPKUNJ

Very much disappointing as for as removal of add on packages... No Option on online...SURPRISED... for this type of Non Friendly Consumer policy of TATA SKY...Please understand the pain of calling a help line and wait for the operator... Service is not 24X7...cannot call in night...but YES to ADD packages on line ...CRAZY!
D Dec 12, 2012 by

Others
N Apr 15, 2014 by
clonazepam

15/04/2014
People this is an alarm for you.tata sky services are very bad.PLEASE DO NOT RECOMMEND TATA SKY TO ANYONE, they are just cheating us by telling that your package will only be removed after 90 days or 120 days or blah blah.. watever and whoever has taken tata sky please do not add channels or either you will be backstabbed.

Tata Sky - no option for removal of packages online