Thakur International School Kandivali West - Bad Behaviour Abuse by School Authorities.

Nilesh Goradia
I tried to take Admission for my duaghter in Sr KG. Last year the Principal and the trustee had confirmed to admot her in Sr. KG Morning Batch. We were not interested in afternoon batch as there is no bus service available and we staying far away can not have the child dropped picked up and dropped everyday. This Year the school issued us a from worth Rs.1000 with a stamp of Bus Service, we were so happy, we filled up the from and submitted the same to the school, Post that we were asked to come for an interview, we issued a demand draft in the name of the school, but to our surprise when we went for the interview the school refused to admit the child that there are no seats in the morning batch. The trustee admitted that it was thier mistake and started screaming rudely showcasing her personality. It was a nightmare experience for us if the administration itself lacks disicipline what are they going to inculcate in the children. I am very happy that my child is not studying in such a school which is nothing but a money making machine and is run by people who themselves lack discipline and manners in thier personal life.

Comments

I have admitted my kids last year in the school in ICSC sallybus, & paid all dues ;
This year I migrated my kid from icsc to CIE ; Admin dept have taken back my receipts given last year to me for Development charges & Security Deposit ;

I need those receipts for Tax purpose, but admin refused to give the same back ; while I tried to meet principle, I was told that principle is very busy & can ot meet for 10 days ;

today I feel that School authorities are doing businees only ; this school is a money making machine and is run by people who themselves lack discipline and manners in thier personal life.

The experience of the parents mentioned above is very common in this school. Right from the peon to the Trustee and Principal, no one wants to hear out any parent. They are extremely rude (barring a handful of staff).
No explanations are provided for your queries and suggestions/feedback/questions/queries are discouraged through rude behaviour.
This year onwards, they have also stopped accepting payments in cheque form. All payments are to be made in Cash or demand draft . Sure enough, paves way to make black money and build the more such money making schools.
The swimming pool has been opened commercially to outsiders.
There is no word called CUSTOMER SERVICE AND CUSTOMER DELIGHT in their directory. All they can do is cause more and more inconvenience to the parents day after day and not even accept their mistakes. For every activity they create different timings. A working couple will have to make never ending rounds to the schools, correcting their admin mistakes and getting things sorted out for the child.

MONEY MAKING SCHOOL. NO ETHICS ... VERY VERY SORRY STATE OF AFFAIRS.
N Feb 19, 2011 by
gopanjoshi

I agree with all the comments posted here. When I went to school to take admission for my child they told me that seats are almost full and you need to take admission immediately. But today after more than 2 months, admissions are still going on and seats are still available. They have a very good commercial engagement with top brands in kids segment. For example, you have to strictly take Reebok shoes and Jinny and Johny uniform...! What if I want my kid to wear a better brand or a cheaper brand...? What difference does it make as long as my child is in required uniform.

As rightly pointed out by many others, it is just a money making place not a school. I am stuck up now. I wish I could have had an opportunity with other school.
N Apr 19, 2011 by
TeamIndia

Thanks for your comments. I was about to go tomorrow but now going to stay away from this school.

Surprise that school is brand consicous with rude teachers. God save the childrens.
N Apr 28, 2011 by
amitpathak96

I have just got admissions for two of my children at Thakur International School. We have moved from London and therefore, picked the CIE curriculum for my kids.

Sofar I am highly impressed by the school and its education system. The CIE curriculum is completely stress free and provides a superb foundation for children with minimal stress. I did hear horror stories about this and also other schools...but sofar they seem to be invisible to us. Every teacher we've interacted with seem to talk in a pleasant and courteous manner. MORE importantly, they understand the relevance of the CIE curriculum. Having just come from U.K (after living there for over 10 years), I can say that the curriculum as well as the teaching style of this school maps with the original CIE standards.

Yes, the charges are high and they do have a policy of one-stop-shop. But hey, that's a whole lot better situation to be in than my child sitting next to a very rich child who flaunts expensive stuff making my child feel inferior. This way, every child wears the same kind of clothes, buys the same books and feels equal to all others around him.

I would certainly recommend this school (especially the CIE team) to any parent wishing a stress-free education foundation for their child.
A Nov 28, 2011 by
angryparent

I am not sure about CIE but the ICSE school is rubbish. If you are a working parent, only god can save you.

Ms Kshema Mohan - Principal will be more than happy to introduce "beating children" for misbehaviour. She is disappointed that they are not allowed to do so. And parents should be GRATEFUL that they dont beat up your kids.

So now you get the picture of what flows from the top.
N Dec 2, 2011 by
horrifiedparent

My child returned from school today and told me that the principal had called some parent's suggestion in the PTM meeting as rubbish and nonsense. Seems like they are running some autocracy over there. Why call parents for the PTM if they do not want to listen to what the parents have to say. It is totally up to them to accept the suggestions or reject them, but to call it rubbish and nonsense and ridicule it in the assembly is totally uncalled for.

I second the suggestion made by the parent that why send the child home if they are late for the school. By doing this you are not teaching children discipline but giving them a day off. If a school wants to teach their wards something then they have ample ways to do the same. Give them punishment or a remark and not a holiday. By making the child miss a whole day of school u are setting him behind in his studies and not teaching him anything.

I guess the principal needs to concentrate on the other more important issues like

1. 70% children of this International school cannot speak 2 sentences in english properly.
2. My son himself has been going to the school for the past 2 weeks without cutting his nails.
3. He has picked up a number of vernacular expletives from his school friends.

I guess the power of holding the future of so many young students in your hands makes one slightly arrogant. But surely some amount of grace in behavior and language can easily be displayed by such a prestigious post.
A Dec 17, 2011 by
Adisappointedparent

Check this comment on Thakur International School - http://www.antya.com/detail/Thakur-International-school/11065
N Oct 25, 2012 by
happy student

i am a student myself and i myself say this school is not up to the mark very much thanks to the principal "Ms. Kshema Mohan". 80% teachers left the school last year and the new teachers are simply HORRIBLE leaving a few exceptions. the cleaniness is ok but the peons and the maids are not att all helpful. classrooms are well air conditioned but again sometimes there is a fault.
A Oct 26, 2012 by
meghna shah

thanks for the all the feedback on the website, it helped a lot in not selecting this school for my daughter.
My husband was against this school, but i was trying to convince him...thanks a lot to all this feedback and now it is very clear no no for this school.
I had heard about the bad behavior of principal and teachers quitting very often, but thought this might be not the same forever, but after reading all this reviews, i feel my daughter is saved from not going to this school.
D Dec 18, 2012 by
Ubaldo

I too had gone for admission for my daughter to Grade 3. The office made us stand in the hot sun outside the window and were not at all interested in letting us in and said that fees structure etc is all on the notice board. We asked can we have a look at the classrooms and they said thats only after 3pm. They were least bothered for any support in discussion and the window board read cash/dd only.

Thanks I have made my mind against admission, if this is the attitude when we go for admission whats going to be next after admission. Also another thing they lack is the CBSE board
D Dec 19, 2012 by
VIpul_TIS

Agreed with most of the points here. The charges are high and they have no regards for the parents at all. They have a PTA in name only.

Recently they have announced Sports day attendance is compulsory and any student not attending will not get any marks of the recently concluded test. I wonder if this is as per the ICSE guidelines. What happens to those parents who HAVE to go for some important family function like a wedding of a close family ? God save them. The management says that they will not hear anything on this.

Interestingly, my children are only participating in a dance on that day and not in the sports activity itself. Still this Diktat. It seems that there is no mechanism to complaint to the ICSE authorities also.
N Jan 28, 2013 by
rash N

well...this was very shameful to see the reviews on Thakur school after been studying there.
i must say some things are true, like the teachers and specially the principal of ICSE. after the principal came in, its turned down the reputation of the school tremendously!and moreover, they take their discipline way too seriously... and is like studying in some local uncivilized school. the management needs to take a serious action before the school losses kids! and one more thing, some of the teachers give more importance to some children (maybe cause their parents secretly have a hold among the teachers, if u know what i mean!)
these are some things which happen inside the school.., which u should be knowing. As after all, its for your kids! this goes to the middle school area.
N Mar 4, 2013 by
august.sonali

Thank you all, was about to go for admission this weekend.

Can you suggest me any good school in kandivali west, it would be great help to me. We are new to this place.
N May 3, 2013 by
Rradhika

Hi I m happy presently.. My child has definite changed by her behaviour and attitude too. But if you guys wish to compare this school with other schools than as a personally wish to share one thing -- look if you reside in Mumbai than you must make your mind that what you want - child`s future bright or negligence - as per my views I have been to almost all the schools and checked with their premises, safety, security, education, transportation, information related to studies especially - I feel personally all schools are as same as and equal to be treated. Further, this is my own view and suggestion if you are ready to spent money than don`t think again...Management are answerable - even you should understand if you are working you have so much stress in the office and sometimes you too feel tireable and stressful...I think the school is really good accept it is expensive...
N Feb 24, 2014 by
worriedparent

This is still the same. Please write about it I wanted to admit my daughter in thakur international school. Diwali, christmas and May vacation is for how many days. How are teachers? Are they good and satisfied? Do they get good salary (as per sixth pay/ how much)? Teachers leave job frequently or what? Children leave the school frequently? Please write about all these things and any other important thing. Please write and help me to choose good school for my daughter.
N Feb 28, 2014 by
pinky bk

hi guys, , me too worried for my daughter...
is this things happens in the school...till date...???
i m looking for admission of my daughter in TIS ...so please suggest whether i should go for it or no????
N Mar 5, 2014 by
Amish Arora

Hi All,

I am going for form submitting tomorrow, well i am really little scared after reading all of your's comment. I appreciate the students who have written comments too to bring out a original picture of the school & management. I may agree with all of you on calling a money making & high fees but i want to ask few parents those who have written some heated arguments happened between school trusty & parents. I will appreciate if parents explains the whole scenario with correct arguments instead of ending with line "The trustee admitted that it was their mistake and started screaming rudely showcasing her personality". Still you took admission in this school? How strange, it means there is something good about the school but you must have felt bad of this incidence.

There are very valuable points few parents have written down informing others with the teachers & other staff (peons etc..) I agree, teacher's bad English is the worst part, but simply ending up with few teachers who can't speak good English isn't enough to have an impression of other teachers. I agree with the student who wrote that many old teachers are leaving now but there is only one reason behind that i can see which all of us (working parents) can understand & that is money. Even many professionals will do so after having lot of experience at one place & in today's world all works for money.

Someone says teachers has to sign against blank amount, I say please bring the proof & evidence before writing such thing. I will appreciate if we write & could justify our writings. I can believe teachers are leaving frequently but no one bring the correct reports of it. These all looks like chit-chatting & hopeless when you finger point something without having it proved. I will be much delightful if anyone will bring the report how many teachers have left & at least the amount of teachers who are highly vernacular with English.

Apart from all these, only 19 comments i see as a complaint & that is too from the year of 19th Feb 2011 to March 2014? Strange? How less in numbers are they? I have seen few of the comments by repeaters.

My whole intention behind saying such is, if people can bring the truth out then it's nice but you must bring out perfect things & showcase them with every details of it instead of just ending with the line which i have marked on the quote while starting my comments. Half truth is always more dangerous then a lie.