Travel jigsaw - Misleading terms and conditions

Gretchen Lono on Jul 21, 2012
I rented a car on line withTravel Jigsaw. I was traveling from France and my destination was Hawaii. Still at the airport in Toulouse with 26 hours of travel ahead of me, I discovered that I had left my driver's license at home. I immediately contacted the local dealer in order to inform them of the situation and to insure them that I had arranged to have my license sent to me by express mail. Considering the distance between France and Hawaii, even with express mail, the delivery could take up to or over 48h. I again called the local company once arrived in order to reconfirm the reservation. At this time and only then did they say that I would have now contact Travel Jigsaw. TravelJigsaw, then said that they were not informed and that as a know show p, I would be charged the full sum of the fully paid car and would not have my reservation held. If it is said in the terms and conditions of the rental contract that this would happen in the event of a no show, it doesn't say anywhere that I should contact Travel Jigsaw. The contact phone number for the rental on the voucher was for the local dealer. I feel strongly that conditions should have stipulated specifically that all modifications or difficulties could only be addressed by Travel Jigsaw and not with the local dealer. In addition, I believe that the local dealer should also have directed me immediately to Travel Jigsaw..
Complaint comments 0 Comments