TVS Scooty pep+ - Multiple problems with brand new vehicle

Vivekaguy on Feb 28, 2012
I purchased a new TVS Scooty pep + YESTERDAY ie 27/02/2012 and it has been problematic since then.
1. The vehicle gives out a churning noise when it is accelerated at a speed above 20 km/hr
2. The vehicle stops all of a sudden when slowed down!
3. The petrol indicator doesn't work- I filled out petrol for Rs.200 and it shows up in RED (empty still).
4. The dickie portion of the vehicle is abnormally heated up, after a drive.

The dealer- Sri.Vignesh Motors, Ellis road, triplicane, Chennai has been almost lending a deaf ear to these and pushing me to get the vehicle registered first. I suspect that this could be a case of faulty/fake spares used in the bike!
When I had been to the showroom to purchase, I noticed that the showroom has just one Purple colored scooty pep+. I had specifically mentioned to the dealer not to give me that vehicle, as it looked dirty and wasn't in unused condition. But the dealer just washed the vehicle out and had delivered the same vehicle to me.

This is clearly a case of mistrust, being too pushy and 'do not care' attitude. I would request that appropriate action be taken against the dealer or I shall approach TVS's management to replace my vehicle!

Chennai
Complaint comments 1 Comment     Updated:

Comments

N May 11, 2012 by
ranjanyadav

I lost my scooty Key.Engine No 0G3N72506096, Key No 589, Frame No MD626BG3872N05469.can i get bak another duplicate key for my scooty pep+

TVS Scooty pep+ - Multiple problems with brand new vehicle