Vodafone - Vodafone Selling Unlimited 3G Data Plans for Corporate at Rs 599 per month and after one month removing 3G and activating Edge

rohanganeriwala on Apr 14, 2011
After speaking to Indrasis Sengupta (9831096212) of SME Enterprise Solution Department, Vodafone India we had placed an order of 5 3G USB Devices. The following rental plan of unlimited 3G data plans with a monthly rental of Rs 599 per device was activated. A reduced rental of Rs 499 per month per device would be activated after ordering a 5 Devices.

To our utter disbelief we discovered from 10th April 2011 all our devices were suddenly giving EDGE speed and were not connecting with 3G speed as initially committed. Indrasis had always maintained that all our plans would be 3G unlimited. This same commitment by Indrasis was also made to other companies who have taken 5 Devices for 3G Unlimited Plan.

After speaking to someone from Vodafone Customer Care - Swati (9834296604) and Vodafone Tech Support - Arnab (9830098223) we discovered that there were no Unlimited 3G Plans offered by Vodafone. Our 3G Devices had a trial period, after expiry we would have to pay extra to enable 3G services. This information was never communicated by Indrasis. As per his commitments our devices were always meant to work on unlimited 3G data plans as he had introduced this offer to us as a special promo corporate plan and sold 5 devices to our company.

On speaking to him, he conveniently denied ever committing to 3G Unlimited Plans. He maintained that the plans were 2G unlimited and not 3G. We fail to understand this as the same commitments were made to other companies who have been duped into purchasing 5 devices each with unlimited 3G Data Plans.

Indrasis also spoke to our managing partner in a very aggressive tone, his conversation was laden with expletives and threatening behaviour.

At this moment we are disappointed customers of Vodafone, we request you to restore unlimited 3G Data Services or give us a full Refund of our device cost as we do not wish to continue with Vodafone. We also understand that for one unruly employee the whole organization cannot be blamed. Therefore we demand that strict action against Mr. Indrasis Sengupta be taken for his false commitments and unruly behaviour.

Rohan Ganeriwala
rohan@thinkwex.com
9831989262

Comments

VINOD KUMAR SHROTE Vodafone  - India

i data 499 not working - Vodafon India Mumbai

I have taken i data plan 499 for my i-phone for Vodafon mumbai, it was working fine however for the last 15 day it has stopped working, I have lodged the complaint in Vodafone Sotre Byculla personely on 05-02-2010 Mr.Salim was the promoter who has assured that he will send a mail and today itself the i data will start working, regrat this did not happended and again I visited Vodafon store Byculla and nerrated the same. Again the promoter has loged the compailet and sent the e-mail and assured that today it will work your i data. Same thing is happened and not yet started. It is requested to take appropiate action.
A Apr 14, 2011 by
riyazsyed1972@yahoo.com

I am another customer who has suffered the same fate. I was promised unlimited 3g speed at Rs 599. I bought my 3g dongle from Vodafone gallery, Jogeshwari West, Mumbai. It means that Vodafone has cheated a lot of customers.
N Apr 15, 2011 by
souranil

Same thing happened with 5 of us . . .we took 5 sticks 5 of us friends . . .we need to do something as they are doing complete fraud . . .lets do something unitedly !!!
N Apr 16, 2011 by
gaurav55

hyyyy guys keep updating what is going on with 5 of u cos that will help me and others to decide shud we buy vodphone 3g or not??????
A Apr 19, 2011 by
saravananp

Hi i too bought Vodafone 3G USB stick with 599 unlimited plan 15th March 2011. Till April 10th i was getting 3G speed at times but latter i only got 2G speed. I thought tat 3G tower work is ongoing as one guy said me, but latter when i tried to call him for recharging this month he said Unlimited plan is just for 2G and not for 3G.. I didnt expect this from vodafone???? Then why you people are giving Ads in TV for 3G. Better u can go with 2G...

I could ve chosen some other provider but trusting Vodafone i didnt think of other things. But finally they made all a FOOL. Coz we all spent 1600 Rs. just for getting 2G speed which a normal mobile can provide. Vodafone has to do something reg, . this issue if not get the list of people who got this USB stick and refund with the MONEY.
A Apr 25, 2011 by
harish.negi

false commitment has been made by the vodafone guys to customer...regarding 3G connection commitment at Rs. 500 per month Postpaid connection.
N Apr 29, 2011 by
Shariq Alam

What the H**L Vodafone is doing with there customers :-( ...
Vodafone must take this seriously and take the strict action against the dealers.
Strict action may cause little to Vodafone business with that dealer but help them in long term relation and Vodafone reputation.
Otherwise such type of frauds are unacceptable.