www.passportindia.gov.in. Online Passport Application - No appointment at all - very murky system of working

drcobra on May 9, 2011
I applied for passport on www.passportindia.gov.in about one month back. But till date I have not been able to get appointment, though I try many times a day for Ludhiana Passport Sewa Kender. However, if apply through agents, they arrange appointment in one or two days - by charging Rs 4000- per appointment.
If online passport application was started to improve service, then why following things are not disclosed on website:
1. Number of appointments available each day. (Take the case of rail ticket reservation through IRCTC, all the available seats for next three months are clearly mentioned on website). Why secrecy about number of appointments is being maintained at www.passportindia.gov.in.
2. Appointments are released every day at 8.00 am. However, there is no clock on website and there is no way one can estimate the time set for website. Here again I will quote the example of IRCTC, where time of website is displayed on the Home page.
3. Why time of release of appointments is not clearly mentioned on the website. (again for railway ticket reservation on IRCTC website - it is clearly mentioned that booking of tatkal tickets start at 8.00 am sharp). But everything useful for customers is kept secret.

It appears that some vested interests are involved- as everything is being deliberately kept murky.

As TCS are maintaining this website, they should learn transparency from IRCTC website.

With regards
D R Sharma

Comments

A May 21, 2011 by
Mhd.MANSOOR ALI

I am applying for passport on www.passportindia.gov.in from last one month. But till date I have not been able to get appointment, though I try many times a day for the appointment through the Net, but till today no appointment receieved. However, if apply through agents, they arrange appointment in one or two days - by charging Rs 6000- to Rs.8, 000 per appointment.
If online passport application was started to improve service, then why things are not disclosed detailly on website:
1.Appointments are released every day at 8.00 am. However, there is no clock on website and there is no way one can estimate the time set for website.
2.Why time of release of appointments is not clearly mentioned on the website.
3.It appears that some vested interests are involved- as everything is being deliberately kept secret

With regards
Mhd.Mansoor Ali.
Madikeri, Kodagu District,
Karnataka State.
Cell:9611234244
D May 23, 2011 by
vikramkakkar

i am a resident of Ludhiana, Punjab. Recently a passport office has opened in Ludhiana. I had to apply for a passport of my Son & i got an appointment for my son's passport/ I got the appointment & received the pasport within 15-20 days.
Now i want to renew my passport which is about to expire within 4 months. But now i am unable to get any appointment from that site. and when i visited the passport office, i met with an agent who told me that if you pay 1000/- Rs., i will fix your appointment. Now everything is privatise, but still for the next 60 days, the local agents had block all the appointments. so that they can ask for commission.

I want to bring that thing into your notice that please look after into the issue & kindly resolve it.

waiting for your reply...

Vikarm Kakkar
3563, New Tagore Nagar,
Haibowal Kalan, Ludhiana-1
A May 24, 2011 by
i_am_consumer

The online appointment blocking system is absolutely pathetic! The online system caters more to the brokers/agents and less for the common man.
After so many complaints and issues raised, there has still been no improvement towards the process. Disheartening!!

We would appreciate it if you at least allow people to obtain an appointment via the PSK office. Currently, the site mentions the authorities will not entertain anybody who does not have an online appointment from the system.

Pramila Mutkekar
A Jun 21, 2011 by
skbabu

hi sir i wanted new passport please help me sir
N Jul 31, 2011 by
JP006

2.Why time of release of appointments is not clearly mentioned on the website.
wats going on this i don't no.

Jai Prakash.N
Banglore
N Aug 5, 2011 by
anithaashu

i am anitha from bangalore
i applied online system we are unable to get appointment where as this is possible only to agent . why cant normal public get appointment?
N Aug 18, 2011 by
balu1101

After much difficulty i got appointment for passport application online on 13/06/2011 at PSK LALBAGH ROAD, BANGALORE. Police verification was over on 26/06/2011 and passport is not yet sent.
My wife's appointment was over on 08/06/2011 at PSK, LALBAGH ROAD, BANGALORE after my visit twice to Police Commissioners office, police vesrification was initiated on 16/08/2011 after gap 0f nearly 2.1/2 months. God only knows when v will get the passport in our hand. If we would have gone through an agent by paying Rs.4000 per passport v would have got the same by this time. in short there is a delay in getting the online appointment, delay in getting the police verification and also delay in getting the passport in hand. The online status of our file no. showing the same status for the last 2 months. I sincerely appeal to the authorities to sort out the problems so that v can avail this online facility without wasting much time and not paying huge amount to the agents.
with warm regards
BALASUBRAMANIAN, BANGALORE
N Aug 30, 2011 by
lintoonachan

iam linto onachan from bangalore...i submitted my passport application form in last May, my police verification got over the next month. still i didn't get my passport..please kindly do the needful. my file no is bngw 99158111 & DOB 17/04/1988
N Sep 16, 2011 by
hamtum

SAT SHRI AKAL G,
Mea Ludhiana city di rahn wali hai, menu es gal da bht gussa hai ki Ludhiana wch Passport office hon kar k v mea bht he khajal khrab hoi hai, Pehla mea online form fill kita par koi v appointment nai mili, 2-3 week enj lag gaye, fer ik agent nal gal hoi ta us ne menu 1 ja 2 din de ander appointment mil javegi fer 1000 Rs. Charge kite and next day menu appointment mil gayi nd sare form fill v ho gaye 19.05.2011 nu menu file no. CH3060283170411 mil gaya, per fer age ik hor problem ho gayi file kine din D C de Office payi rahi te passport tayr hon nu hor tym lag gaya, kyu k S P office to local police station file nai ja rahi c then mea Aug wch S P office ja k file kadvai nd ohna ne local police station nu verification karn layi data send kita us to baad v meri police verification 1-2 weeks baad hoi or aj 16.09.2011 ta aje mera passport nai aaea . local passport office ja online hon da ki fada hai je asi appointment charges kar k lani . plz meri request he hai ke tusi normal person nai enj khajal kharb na karo te es nu sudaro ta jo mere wag ki hor ena tang na hove .hor mere wag kise de abroad de document cancel nah on.
SAINI
A Sep 23, 2011 by
madhiyazhagan

i lost my passport on 2 nd September, i am having the return visa and the ticket too, made the compliment to the area police station received the police certificate also, applied for the passport on TATKAL the PSK representative are telling for the lost passport i can't get he passport on TATKAL, why?
more over since from 19 th September i am trying to get appointment through on line at the TCS controlled on line system it is not showing up the appointment, information no slot available only and the RPO is proudly publish in the daily new papers to say the PSK is working full fledged, why the murky system implemented?
if they can't organize a system properly why they implemented, it is shame for our IT engineers / companies.
N Sep 25, 2011 by
amritpal singh kainth

Respected Sir/ Madam

I had applied for passport on 8June 2007 at Ludhiana. My file no. Z064560 and my key no.is 9006456007.There has been 3-4 police enquiries till then but the passport was not been received yet. Ludhiana suvidhia center are saying that we should ask Chandigarh center abouth passport but Chandigarh passport office ask us that we should contact Ludhiana suvidhia center.So i request you to look that this matter. All you effect towards this would be highly appeciated...
AMRIT PAL SINGH
+919876182492
amritpal_amrit68@yahoo.com
A Oct 2, 2011 by
dineshdena

Very horrible site .This will use only USA not in India nothing is coming .kindly we request you to look this matter and rectify the software or better close this site we will get in passport office queue.
N Oct 8, 2011 by
sathis986

HI SIR, i apply the newly passport in online...now i have ARN no and how to check appointment date pls help me sir
N Oct 14, 2011 by
mohamed halik

Respected sir/madam
I had applied for passport for my son MOHAMED SHAHIN MOHAMED HALIK on 15/07/2011and file no.TR1061309262511.but till date i have n't get the passport.when r coming the passport reply me please.
MOHAMED HALIK
+919442308360
hkhalik@ymail.com
A Nov 28, 2011 by
Deepankar Shrestha

This is very upsetting system made by the govt, in departments in various places, on the other hand they where saying that they where provide the fastest facility to the people. All are fake, govt itself fake, encouraging corruption.
A Dec 26, 2011 by
Mageshwari Thyagaraj

I Had applied for new passport on 25 November 2011, and also my police verification is over 15 days back, but till today there is no information about my passport status, my file No. BN2061338563211, Kindly do the needful asap and oblige.

Thanks and regards,

Mageshwari Thyagaraj
Bangalore
sgp.tmag@gmail.com
N Dec 29, 2011 by
jakee

dear sir;medham i want to a passport reniwal,
N Jan 3, 2012 by
rkrajan79

Dear Sir/madam,

i Rajeev Kumar Rajan had applied passport application dated 09-11-2011 at Tricoat, Bikhajee, cama place Delhi. whenever i have check the status i have found the same massage has come " Police verification is clear. Application is under process."
my file no is A069508-11, and my date of birth is 1st March 1979. so i requested to you please have a look this issue and send me a feedback. my Email Address is rajeevkumar.rajan@gmail.com...i had complain to RPO delhi ...still i am wetting his feedback...

N Jan 12, 2012 by
vgovind

Dear sir, madam

i want to a passport reniwal, my pp no;E985980, date of expiry 17/01/2012.pls feed back my email id vgovind77@yahoo.com.sg
N Jan 25, 2012 by
rabinarunex

i am trying to apply for passsport on line for a more than a month but failed. PSK KLKOLKATA IS NOT SHOWING in the list.My email address dasmajumderrabin1947@gmail.com. Kindly advice