www.passportindia.gov.in. Online Passport Application - No appointment at all - very murky system of working

drcobra on May 9, 2011
I applied for passport on www.passportindia.gov.in about one month back. But till date I have not been able to get appointment, though I try many times a day for Ludhiana Passport Sewa Kender. However, if apply through agents, they arrange appointment in one or two days - by charging Rs 4000- per appointment.
If online passport application was started to improve service, then why following things are not disclosed on website:
1. Number of appointments available each day. (Take the case of rail ticket reservation through IRCTC, all the available seats for next three months are clearly mentioned on website). Why secrecy about number of appointments is being maintained at www.passportindia.gov.in.
2. Appointments are released every day at 8.00 am. However, there is no clock on website and there is no way one can estimate the time set for website. Here again I will quote the example of IRCTC, where time of website is displayed on the Home page.
3. Why time of release of appointments is not clearly mentioned on the website. (again for railway ticket reservation on IRCTC website - it is clearly mentioned that booking of tatkal tickets start at 8.00 am sharp). But everything useful for customers is kept secret.

It appears that some vested interests are involved- as everything is being deliberately kept murky.

As TCS are maintaining this website, they should learn transparency from IRCTC website.

With regards
D R Sharma

Comments

A Feb 1, 2012 by
afzalshah

i am very impressed with your savakandra passport office, The thing are going good, There is no need to wait for long hours in 'Q". And more awere it is too good to our people who lived near by can came easily according to there cunveniant, there can book slots in what so aware day they thing. So i am very happy with this service.
D Apr 11, 2012 by
Mannie

I, Mani Kamal thapa, a resident of ramgaon, jaigaon, dist. jalpaiguri, had applied for a fresh tatkal passport from psk kolkata but i was denied the issue of passport for one minor reason. In stead of private service, i was too honest to disclose in the annexure 'f' issued by the Additional District Magistrate, Alipurduar, that i'm a teacher in st. anthony's convent school, which from the name is very obvious that it not a govt. school. So the psk kolkata refused to grant me a passport and at counter 'c' of the psk i was asked to produce any proof of employment in the school, which i didnt have at that time. So i came back to jaigaon to get the employment certificate. On my second visit to the psk at counter 'b', i submitted the employment certificate but i was asked again to get a new annexure 'f'. I approached the Additional District Magistrate, Alipurduar, but the employees asked me for the previous annexure 'f' issued from the office of A.D.M., Alipurduar, if i wanted a new annexure 'f'. I'm a post graduate and till now the govt. of india has failed to provide any kind of employment opportunities and now when i'm given a chance to serve in a foreign company(Apparel Group, UAE) i'm denied the pass to go to dubai. Don't i have a right to have a better life? Does the Govt. have any kind of objection to this? I was supposed to submit the passport to process the visa by the first week of April, but still...
D Apr 11, 2012 by
Mannie

I, mani kamal thapa, a resident of Ramgaon, Jaigaon, Dist. Jalpaiguri, had applied for a fresh tatkal passport from Passport Seva Kendra, Kolkata. In the annexure 'f' i was too honest to disclose that i'm working as a teacher in st. anthony's convent school, jaigaon, which from the name is very obvious is a private school run by salesian sisters. In my online application i had mentioned unemployed because i'm not a govt. servant and moreover i'm presently employed in the above mentioned school on a contract basis. On my first visit they asked me to produce the proof of employment in the above mentioned school and i didnt have it at that moment so the officers at counter 'c' refused to grant me the passport and my file numbered CA2F1211300816 was kept on hold. I visited the psk kolkata again and this time my application was again rejected at counter 'b' though i produced the proof of employment. I was then asked to get a new annexure 'f'. I went to the Additional District Magistrate's Office at Alipurduar again to ask for a new annexure 'f' but they asked me for the previous annexure 'f' issued by them and they said only if i bring back the original annexure 'f', which is now at psk kolkata, they would give me the new annexure 'f'. Now you please tell me what should i do? I am a post graduate and till now the govt. hasn't provided me with any kind of employment. Now when a foreign company(Apparel Group, UAE) is showing some mercy on me, our govt. is refusing me the pass to go abroad to work.
A Apr 13, 2012 by
abumufaddal

my son name mufaddal shakir & his file no-w140228 fro jaipur
as i want to know that his passport has been dispatched from jaipur passport office or if not dispatched, how long it ll take time please mention it & hope so that we get very soon reply from you.i ll be highly obliged to your kindness.
my email address murtaza_mm@hotmail.com
thanx
murtaza shakir
00965 99870242
N Apr 16, 2012 by
murugesan somasundaram

Dear sir, madam,

i want to a passport renewal, my pp no . E1846101, date of expiry 12/05/2012. please online renewal application
send my email id mugesh1964@ymail, com
N Apr 17, 2012 by
debuu

i am trying to apply for fresh passport (new) on on line but select office Kolkata not found. My email address debkumarbayen@gmail.com kindly advice me what i do
N Apr 20, 2012 by
AASHAY RAJE

SIR,
I WANT TO APPLY FOR PASSPORT SO PLEASE ALLOW ME TO APPEAR FOR FRESH PASSPORT.
THANK YOU!!!
N Apr 28, 2012 by
joykhan

sir i m not able to take appointment foe the last 2 week .when ever i m clicking on book appointment its showing network failed ..i m getting frustration ..plz help me .the problem in the RPO KOLKATA...my email id is - firoz_khan78619@yahoo.com
N Apr 28, 2012 by
dhanu2283

I had applied for passport on 20th march 2012 at chennai. My file no.MA1061392745112 and my .There has been no police enquiries till then but the passport was not been received yet. .
P.Rajendran
+919094472577
dhanu2283@gmail.com
N Apr 30, 2012 by
mohd.nadeem1565

applicatoin registration
N Apr 30, 2012 by
mohd.nadeem1565

i want to a passport renewal mm pp no.g215933odate of expiry 8.5.2012 please do my renewal online
N May 5, 2012 by
Kailash Hamal

passport apply
N May 9, 2012 by
Javed83

Respected Govt. I don't know why you have transfer the passports works to Tata service center, they don't no the processor servals of time i have went to PSK, Malad, Andheri, Lower Parel, Worli. But till dated i had bin helpless, my visa will expire on 11/06/2012. and the say that you have to make a new passport why? i have spend 2.5 lakh for visa, in 2004 i have make my passport and in 2008 i get married my passport valid till 2014. they say that there is no spouse name on your passport how may it possible. they cant speak properly to customer. really if my PCC does not get clear i will do any thing wrong with you all and all the blames goes to you.

A May 11, 2012 by
syednaqi

sir, please my passport give sir iam hyderabad sir my name taleb hussain abeidi /.- my passport no.. k2596219 iam problem is going to umhra haj iam prayer to god iam requested sir 1 week time now sir office staff say sir iam telling you sir iam passport give send sir please any information my gmail id syednaqi1214@gmail.com sir please reply to my email id sir please iam passprt give sir and sending your 1 weeks up to post ima house thanking faithfull

thankyou
N May 24, 2012 by
dr.sc jain

Dear sir, madam

Recently i got passport no.K5170475, received from Jaipur dated-11.5.2012...shows surname wrong..kindly change my surname which was "JAIN"nd had been written wrong that is..."JIAN"...
Pls rename my surname as soon as possible...As i hv 2 reach Dubai soon..ITS URGENT!!!
My Email id is drscjain1951@gmail.com...

A May 30, 2012 by
MITHUN_A

SYSTEM NOT AT ALL USEFUL
N Jul 23, 2012 by
skyhigh

Is birth certificate needed as one of the compulsory document to submit with that of passport application? I had to make an affidavit over the birth certificate so as to sit for my secondary examination as the required age of sitting for that exam was a little greater than of mine. Now I got to know that affidavit is is invalid now-a-days. Please tell me what I should do regarding this?
N Aug 11, 2012 by
alex rubin

Respected Sir/Madam,
I ALEX RUBIN had applied for passport on 13/7/2012 in S.P office passport department, Bellary, Karnataka, and my file no. is BN03Z1006941612. While police verification i came to know that my name and my mother's name is incorrect. So i kindly request u to do the correction with respect to the birth certificate or 10th marks card.
My name in police verification form is ALEX ROBIN should be changed to ALEX RUBIN.
My mother's name in verification form is CHELINA should be changed to CELINA.

Thanks and regards,
Alex Rubin
alexrubin.ar@gmail.com
N Aug 14, 2012 by
purbasha123

N Aug 20, 2012 by
ksajith02

Dear Sir/madam,
I Had applied for passport on 24/04/2012 at PSK in KOLLAM.and also my police verification is done on 18/05/2012. whenever i have chek the status i have found the same message has come "passport application is under review at Regional Passport Office".so i requested to you please have a look this issue and send me a feedback.

yours faithfully,