Yatra.com - Fraud

Tamanash Chowdhary on Nov 26, 2011
Dear All,

BEWARE OF YATRA.COM!!!! I purchased Rail tickets on 2nd November 2011 and they charged the amount 3 times from my Credit card , without issuing Tickets. since then i am unable to get it back.

their customer care people's are very rude, they will never reply to your mails. I was in contact with two persons Mr Imran Quereshi and Mr Manas Jha, both of them told me my request has been processed and i will get it back in 3-4 days and now they seems absconding as they are no more replying to mails. even i tried to mail yatra's Chief Customer Experience Officer, but nothing happened.

It seems to me it is a well thought management stategy of yatra.com to cheat people like this to earn some free money. My yatra failed trasaction numebers are DOMIME and YGMIME. i am shocked to see thousand's of similar kind of complaints against Yatra.com on net.

Friends i dont want what happened with me, happens with other person, so PLEASE AVOID YATRA.COM.
i am not worried about my money as i will take it back anyway by filing case in consumer court and will even file for compensation for all the harassment i suffered. But still avoid such pain with such fraud company.

God bless you all......

Comments

N Jan 11, 2011 by
rdmukherji Yatra.com  - Mumbai City, Maharashtra, India

I booked a travel package for 4 adults from Mumbai to Dubai on 5 Jan. After having the discussion with the travel rep. the lady asked me to pay 20,000 INR as the bookign amount online thru Yatra portal. Since then I am trying to contact them desparately everyday and accordijg to them no room is available. They dont have a single bit of shame in taking my money and playing arund with it. If they are incapable in their job they shouldnt have taken money from me.

Being totally dependant the entire travel plan is getting screwed as i did not approach any other travel agent. Yatra has looted me of my confidence and trust besides money.

Rahul
N Mar 17, 2011 by
Yatra Team Yatra.com  - Mumbai City, Maharashtra, India

Hi rdmukherji,

Please provide us your Yatra reference number, e-mail address & contact details to enable us to investigate further or you can directly share the details at http://dld.bz/Q6ba

Best Regards,

YatraCare
Nitinguna Yatra.com  - India

THIS is in reference to tickets book through yatra.com follow is the flight detials

Cancellation details

Yatra Reference Number 01031120665 .

Yatra Reference Number 01031121236 .

Yatra Reference Number 01031121532

MY concern regarding refund are

yatra is claiming that as this tickets are booked under free flight offer which offers us base fare reduction in indigo airlines
is not refundable, non changable, and non canceble

i agreed to the norms of yatra.com and i duly respect them

let me hear the few answers from your side
1. first of all my interface with yatra is internet site called www.yatra.com, i had booked the tickets throgh it and cancelled through
it. on cancellation screen its clearly shown to me the amount i am eligible for refund, its ammounting to base fare reduction and cancellation charges applicable.
on this confirmation i cancelled the tickets. if anybody on this earth is saying that is a default interface and our software dont
understand the free tickets rule then its a voilation of internet money transaction protocol. when i press on my net banking account confirmation that i am
transfering this ammount to yatra.com its not a default interface. bank will deduct the money from my account for sure.
Pls respect the financial transaction protocol, it had taken years to develop it.

The interface SHOWS ME VERY CLERALY the calcumated amount that will get refund. after reading that i clicked to proceed.

after i click on confirm after a while i get mail that your money cannot be refunded.

When i called to customer care they told me that this ticktet is under offer so monet cannot be refunded

Please expain me following thigs:

Why this information is not displayed on the interface where i cancelled the tickets.

That page has information that i have done a free ticket because it gave me the amount deducted for promotional code,

if that information is given that time only the page would have give me that amount refund will be ZERO, but it gave me some figure after deductiog amounst like

200 yatra charges

600 airline cancellation charrge

600 promational code deduction.

Now i called yatra atleast 3 times expalning them , each time some diffrent reprensatitive will attend the call and i am expaling them all this things and they will tell they will revert back to me .

This is case of fraud as on time of bolling u will give me all terms n condition but in same yatra in time of cancellation it was given me amount that will be refunded . ITs a same yatra site then u should have give me amount zero in that interface , this is a fraud information given to me.

As i thought as this is also interface by yatra they are giving privelegde to customes who cancle through yatra, coz according to me in any financail transcation will not give me wrong calculation of money. THIS IS TOTALLY A FRAUD DONE.

2. secondly its yatra terms and condition that my number will not be shared with any body other than yatra. then why the indigo which
i assume is third party in all this transaction had called me about cancellation of flight. i want to know the reasons why yatra had
not taken care of informing me, via email or phone number about flight cancellation details, why i had been informed via third party. and
why this third party had reschudule the flight which is non changable, as per your terms and condition

3. thirdly as per your so called terms and condition the tickets booked under free flight offer are non changable and non cancellable and
thus non refundable. as this flight is non changable then via the third party called indigo airlines change the flight schedule.
this flight cannot be changable in any case as per your terms and condition.

if yatra is the sole authority to govern the flight regulation according to civil aviation rules proposed by govt. of india. Then
i request you to give me compensation

As per my knowledge any web interface should work according to industry protocols, its a total violation of norms if on web interface you
show some thing and on mail and on call you say another thing.

Pls let me know your concerns,
Yatra Care Yatra.com  - India

Dear Guest

We sincerely regret the inconvenience this may have caused as this is most definitely not the level of service we aim to provide to our customers.We have discussed this with the concerned team and have instructed them for an immediate refund with necessary deductions, & same has been processed on priority.

Should you need any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us. We look forward to keep assisting you at yatra.com.

Warm Regards
Team Yatra
Nitinguna Yatra.com  - India

Thankss a LOT yatra team... This really shows that YATRA care for customers..
N Mar 29, 2011 by
Yatra Team Yatra.com  - India

Thanks Nitin! We hope you have received your refund. Please confirm if you can.
N Mar 29, 2011 by
Yatra Team Yatra.com  - India

BTW, you can also talk to us any time you like: on Facebook, at http://www.facebook.com/Yatra and on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/YatraHolidays. Looking forward to servicing you in the future :)
N Aug 21, 2011 by
hiren38 Yatra.com  - Mumbai City, Maharashtra, India

I would like to inform you that online ticket booking is a big loop hole which every day crore of rupee online company are making by misguiding the consumer & consumer aren't aware of such fraud i would like to highlight.

Fraud company: yatra.com

Problem: I had booked 2 round trips from mumbai to goa on 17th aug 2011 to 19th aug 2011
due to some circumstance i had to reschedule the returning date from 19th to 18th of aug
Total amount of ticket 7841/-.

I had called up the call center they guided me to the cancellation of 19th aug ticket & they told me both the tickets are canceled and then,
they guided me to book 18th aug ticket at the point of cancellation i had told them what would be the amount of refunded they had mentioned 1800/- to 1900/- and only 1ticket has been cancelled instead of 2 ticket the amount got refunded on 20th of aug was 937.60/- and till i know if ticket are cancelled the tax amount has to be refunded not the base fare, now the company is giving an explanation that tax is refunded & not the fuel charge i would like to raise a question if a consumer have not received/ taken any kind of service why he should he be liable for fuel charge and service tax this is a very serious question because every day plenty of consumer are been fooled on the name of service tax. the time of call made to the call center is on 16th aug 2011 and 17:59

please highlight this topic I have attached the photo of the booking with the reference no.

awaiting for your reply,

with regards,
hiren jain

N Aug 24, 2011 by
Yatra Team Yatra.com  - Mumbai City, Maharashtra, India

Dear Customer,
Thank you for contacting us at Yatra.com.
Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience this may have caused. We request you to please provide us your contact number and booking reference number to enable us to look into this and resolve on priority.
Should you require any further assistance, please call us on 987-1800-800 or alternatively write to support@yatra.com.
Best Regards,