IMS PROSCHOOL PVT LTD - Cheating students with big promises

Shekhar Yadav on Jul 6, 2013
Hi Sir/Madam

My name is Shekhar Yadav. I have enrolled into Financial Modeling program with IMS Proschool.
I would like to bring to light a number of problems faced by me during the course.
IMS Problems:
1. They do not provide a link to make payment via Net Banking. when my several attempts to make payment by my Debit card failed, I had to call them and ask them to mail me their NEFT details.
2. They use very unprofessional(maybe very cheap) courier service to provide hard copy of study material which many times go missing, as in my case.
3. The most important factor:
They DO NOT PROVIDE DOUBT CLEARING FACILITY. They have an option asked ask questions in the student login. But when you click on it, you are directed to their home page having no option to ask question.
Repeated mails and calls have failed to bear any fruit.

Comments

N Oct 21, 2013 by
wise one

I have completed the IMS Proschool course in Financial Modelling. Though I received the certification with an A grade, I find that the quality of the course is poor. A lot is to do with the way it is structured and taught where long hours are wasted on keying in excel data and very little time is spent on actually understanding the key concepts of financial modelling and using a live case to make realistic and contextualised assumptions about the company's growth an interpreting the data.
Also only one basic financial model is taught and any exposure to different real life cases, scenarios and project finance or investment banking models is not provided.
Given that the course is expensive, a a whopping 27000, the course definitely needs a revamp to make it more relevant and useful imparting real time skills.
Another complaint is that despite the NSE assurance that Excel would be provided in Bombay and Delhi exam centres, only Open Spreadsheet is provided.
N Jan 14, 2014 by
ALLEN ARAVINDAN

Dear student we are happy to hear your feedback. The structure of teaching financial modeling has been kept flexible depending upon the batch characteristics. If the batch sometimes consists of students who do not have finance background or excel skills. Hence we have to start from the basics. There are cases when the batch background is strong and hence we go deep into sectors like oil & gas also. In The course is premium to the one's provided because of the NSE tie up. We would examine the nse exam issue soon and get back to you.

IMS PROSCHOOL PVT LTD - Cheating students with big promises