Air India — double charging of ticket amount & no intimation of ticket confirmation/ No reply from Air India

Wellinton, Ooty, India
 tamannabura
I am Major Pradeep Singh Bura, I was trying to book tickets on air india flight 658 ( 23 apr from coimbatore to delhi) on name of my relatives namely Sanjeev kumar tripathi and family . The online booking was tried out using HDFC bank credit card on my name on 17 mar 15, however the booking was not successful due to technical reasons and no confirmation of the booking was sent from air india to mobile no and email provided by me during the booking.( Till now the ticket & confirmation has not been send to me).I waited for one day for any confirmation from air india however the same was not confirmed and hence on 18 mar 15, i again tried booking the tickets for the same flight from my relative's debit card of ICICI bank. This time the booking was confirmed immediately and the ticket details were generated on the e mail & mob no provided by me.PNR of the confirmed tickets booked on 18 mar is J2KP1. On 21 mar 15, my HDFC Bank credit card statement shows deduction of Rs 27594 (amount of ticket booking) for booking carried out on 17 mar 15 even when the booking was not confirmed and no intimation was given to me for the same .I immediately called up air india costumer care and the airindia agent confirmed of an error on the part of Air india as double booking has been done for same passengers due to some technical issues with no intimation done by airindia for previous booking. The agent then told me the PNR No of the booking on 17 mar as PNR - JC51H (the tickets which are till now not been send to me on mail/mob no). It is therefore requested that the amount deducted for failed ticket booking on 17 mar may please be refunded in full, back to my HDFC Bank credit card account at the earliest .I have been calling air india since last 4 days but no response . I have mailed thrice to ecommerce but no response have been received . The landline no of ecommerce is not picked up by anyone despite me tried calling for almost 100 times . I have also filed my complaint to ministry of civil aviation & public greievances portal of govt of india.

[Mar 23, 2015] Air India customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
Complaint comments  Add a CommentShare0Tweet0

+91 11 2462 4075 [Helpdesk]
    Marine Drive, Nariman Point, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India - 400021
    Air India - double charging of ticket amount & no intimation of ticket confirmation/ No reply from Air India