Air India — Flight cancellations without refund

My wife and son were scheduled to fly to USA for an important examination for my son. The flight was to leave on June
Twenty-four before departure we tried online checkin. The website was not working. The flight wasn't showing. We called air india and were informed the flight had been cancelled n we were rebooked for next week!
Not one email,
Not one phone call,
Not even apologetic!
We asked for a refund and they were not giving straight answer to my wife. When I spoke with them, they tried to make it sound like we were ignorant and should know. Sadly we haven't be refunded to date.
Is there any recourse for the common people to get our money back?
A very bad company which has no concern for its customers and a perfect reflection of government workers without concern for its citizens.
Help
Air India customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
Oct 22, 2021
Updated by Mr. Brian John
This has not been resolved. No one ever contacted us or refunded out ticket price
Complaint comments