[Resolved] Air India — more than 4 hours of delay and no feedback from the pilots
Tiswadi, Goa, India
SrSridhar D Iyer on May 30, 2018
Dear sir / madam,
Greetings from goa.
We had a harrowing time on board the flight ai 975 from chennai to goa on 23rd may 2018. Kindly see the following details.
1. The passengers boarded on time at chennai and the flight took off at 1825 hrs. Prior to approaching dabolim airport at goa the pilot announced that due to the absence / failure of landing lights on the runway at dabolim the flight would be diverted to hyderabad. The announcement was probably made (1900 hrs) after the flight was already diverted as we noticed the aircraft taking a turn and also because within 30 minutes of the announcement we reached hyderabad airport.
2. The aircraft was parked in a hangar at 1930 hours. There was no announcements nor information for a long time. After a while it was announced that clearance has been obtained and the flight would be take off to dabolim. The boarding doors were closed and latched.
3. Within 5 minutes of the above announcement, the doors were opened and for more than 4 hours there was no announcement nor update from the pilot about the likely time of take-off.
4. We stayed put in the aircraft till 2355 hrs i. E., for more than 4 hours after the aircraft had landed at hyderabad.
5. Few water bottles were supplied but there was absolutely no food. This is not acceptable. There were onboard several infants, kids, senior citizens and diabetic persons.
6. The rear toilets were stinking and one of the washbasin was clogged.
7. Several passengers became restless and got off the aircraft with their cabin baggage and stood on the tarmac! The cabin staff could not stop them. Later security persons arrived and asked the passengers to get back to their seats. But most of them did not listen and continued to stand outside. The situation was grim and seemed to be going out off hand.
8. Unfortunately, when so much activities and tamasha were happening the pilot and co-pilot remained immune and had shut themselves in the cockpit. They refused to either come out and console / comfort and explain the delay nor did they make any announcements about the departure. The cabin staff were upset and helpless since the passengers were getting agitated.
9. We landed at dabolim at 0030hrs on 24th may and had to travel for more than 1 hour to reach home and later slept on an empty stomach.
Kindly imagine the above scenario and the problems that we faced. What was supposed to be simple straight flight (1 hr 20 m) from chennai to goa turned into a nightmare that last for more than 4 hours.
In view of the difficult times we had suffered, physically, emotionally and mentally, we request and seek compensation for the more than 4 hours of delay, as per the rules of compensation initiated by the dgca / goi.
We hope that the matter would be settled amicably.
Anticipating an early and positive response.
Complaint marked as Resolved May 30, 2018
1. No steps taken to resolve / reply / or call from Air India for the stated problem
2. Following email was received:
"Hello Sridhar D Iyer,
Chanchal Gupta Advocate sent you a message.
You must log in to ConsumerComplaints.in to see or reply to the message.
Consumer Complaints Team
3. Kindly inform status of the complaint.
[May 30, 2018] Air India customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
|Add a Comment Updated:||Share0Tweet0|
[Resolved] Air India - Inconvenience caused due to ai0968 flight delay and not even replying properly 
[Resolved] Sheikh Jamil Ahmad - Checked in baggage lost 
[Resolved] Air India - refund fraud 
[Resolved] Air India - Baggage misplaced in air india flight ai 143 from chennai to delhi on 11th july 16 
[Resolved] Air India - Flight rescheduled
[Resolved] Air India - refund not processed
[Resolved] Air India - package missed by air india and no show cliam was given because they unable to locate which flight I flown