[Resolved]  Air India — refund

I booked a flight from the air india website: bom-ewr-bom on 11 nov 2019 for 18 nov 2019 returning on 15 dec 2019. Subsequently had to cancel it withing 12 hours on 12 nov 2019. I also on the same day, wrote an e-mail to their e-commerce department. The only acknowledgement i received from them was that my ticket has been cancelled. No mention about refund at all. I called their customer care number on 9th dec 2019 to ask for the status of my refund. I was told that it is in the process and should be done in a couple of days. I just checked my credit card statement yesterday and did not find any reversal of the entry or any refund (Even partly if the cancellation fee is to be applied). So i called the custome care again, this time there was a lasy who told be my refund had not yet been initiated, beyond which she did not know anything and that i should call their e-commerce department. So i dialled[protected] n number of times with no answer. Only engaged tone or ring tone with no reply. So again i called the custome care. This time there was one helpful guy. He checked and said his end of the screen shows amount refunded! When i told him how come one person tell me refund not initiated and you tell me it is refunded while my statement which i received the same day doesn't show any refund? He took my mobile number and email address and said he would ask his senior to give me a call or email me. Asap. No response so far. They don't even mail me the status of my refund. Or provide me a reference number of refund if at all their server shows refund. I cannot take up the issue with my bank also without any documentary evidence of refund reference. What have i got to show?

Is this how air india behaves with their customers? Where am i to run around for refund? Please if you are reading this, help resolve the issue. It has been 44 days now that ai has been sitting on my hard-earned money. I understand a 3 to 4 weeks time period but more than 6 weeks? And no response at all of any kind?
Complaint marked as Resolved 2020-01-09 19:15:57
A few phone calls to customer care. Be persistent. Don't give up. Call every other day! Company doesn't bother sending you ANY notification - even after they have refunded - by email or SMS or call.

[Dec 26, 2019] Air India customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
Updated by drjsurti Dec 26, 2019
Booking Ref: Z7EZ6
E-Ticket Number:[protected]

Comments

After a few phone calls to their customer care, I finally got my refund reflected in my credit card. But I still don't understand as to why they don't intimate you of the status?

+91 11 2462 4075 [Helpdesk]