[Resolved] Air India — refunds for incorrect booking/failed transactions

Suman_Sh on Sep 21, 2017
Hi all,
Need help. I booked a ticket for jan 3rd 2018 on airindia.com and got 2 pnr's, one for jan 3rd 2018 and one for dec 3rd 2017. Later one pnr was mentioned as failed transaction by ecommerce team of ai.

I called ai customer service within 5 mins of booking to report the incorrect booking. They asked to send me email to ecommerce which i did immediately. After that i sent 4 emails to ecommerce and called 4 times but they are not honoring the 24 hrs refund policy. This booking was made from california, us.

Need advice on how to proceed. I have filed complaints with sfo office and also ai feedback form. Trying not to go legal route, if that can be helped.

It has been an really bad experience dealing with ai ecommerce and to explain each and everything over and over to new agents.
Complaint marked as Resolved Oct 6, 2017
Air India(AI) asked to re-book for correct date and allowed refund of incorrect date tickets. Thanks AI

[Sep 21, 2017] Air India customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

Comments

Good Day,

I have booked a ticket on Air India using the online booking service on the 6th of February 2019. I had finalised my booking and proceeded to make payment. Payment had gone from my account but session timed out. I immediately called the air India call center to notify and find out what had happened. They advised me to send an email to e-commerce to ask for a refund as they booking was cancelled. I have called my bank and they have confirmed that the funds have been banked by air India. How can this be a failed transition if the funds have gone through from my account. I need to make a booking urgently and still no response. Very disappointed.

+91 11 2462 4075 [Helpdesk]