Airtel
So far so good - The company responded to our notifications
So far so good - The company responded to our notifications
Profile
File a Complaint

Having problems with Airtel ?

File a Complaint and get it resolved. It’s quick effective and absolutely free!

File Complaint Now
Recently Resolved
Airtel has one of the worst customer service ever. I called airtel customer service on 8th Dec for add-on connection (HD-Recorder)...
My airtel sim is lost. I requested to you please lock my number- [protected]...

Subject: Deactivation of mobile number [protected]

I am having an airtel number [protected] and been using the same as a postpaid from year 2007 to May-11 and as a prepaid from May-11 to Oct-11. It was deactivated by AIRTEL dt. 30.10.11 stating that it is deactivated because of no usage for 90 days which I strongly disagree as call has been made by me from the number on 19.10.11 which are still present in my call log. The sequence of communication via email by me with Airtel is as follows:
1. I asked the customer care upon deactivation on customer care number 121 and they replied it's deactivated because of lack of documents. I emailed the issue to [protected]@in.airtel.com on 10.11.11 on which they replied on the same day that it was deactivated dt. 26.05.11 and never been converted to prepaid.
2. I replied again at [protected]@in.airtel.com on 11.11.11 stating that I have been using the subject number in prepaid since May-11. Mr. Arun Kumar from [protected]@in.airtel.com replied on 11.11.11 with no justification on the subject and guided me to mail to nodal office.
3. I mailed to nodal center at nodalofficer.[protected]@in.airtel.com on 19.11.11. Mr. Pulkit Agarwal from nodalofficer.[protected]@in.airtel.com replied on 22.11.11 with how to retaining the number back rather than addressing the issue.
4. I again mailed to them on 22.11.11 regarding my issue. Mr. Aman Kapoor from nodalofficer.[protected]@in.airtel.com replied on 24.11.11 that subject number was deactivated with effect from 31.10.11 due to no usage. They also state that they tried to contact me on alternate number and found it unreachable on 24.10.11 but the alternate number mentioned by them is unknown to me and is different from what I filled up in the form.
5. I on 24.11.11 wrote an email to appellate.[protected]@in.airtel.com on the subject understanding that they will give proper addressing. Mr. Jadidi Rao from appellate.[protected]@in.airtel.com replied that subject number got disconnected wef from 30.10.11 due to nonusage, the criteria for the same also listed by him.
6. On 25.11.11, I replied to appellate.[protected]@in.airtel.com that both the condition laid by them for non-usage are not applicable to me and I requested them to furnish the record on the same.
7. Mr. Dhobal Nodal replied from appellate.[protected]@in.airtel.com on the above on 28.11.11 stating that they have rechecked and found the same and are unable to furnish the record.
8. Upon all odds, I followed their direction stated in email dt. 22.11.11 by nodalofficer.[protected]@in.airtel.com for retaining my number back but the Airtel CSD Services, Indore told the same number can not be reactivated for allotment to anyone.
9. At last I have written an email dt. 03.12.11 to appellate.[protected]@in.airtel.com asking them 7 questions. Mr. Pulkit Agarwal (On 22.11.11 he replied me from nodalofficer.[protected]@in.airtel.com) replied on 06.12.11 from appellate.[protected]@in.airtel.com copying their last mail text without answering any of my 7 questions. This truly means that they do not have a answer of any one of them.

I request you to take up the matter with Airtel on ths subject and solve my problem.

Vaibhav Gandhi

Airtel — NETWORK & CUSTOMER CARE,DeAcivated services without any reason

I am using Airtel postpaid since past 4 years, Airtel has given me a credit limit of Rs. 4900/-, acording to me which means i can make calls upto the same amount, but. last month i had a outstanding of Rs. 1870/-, and these bloody bast... 's had barred my calls on 15th may'08, without even informing me. They had called me on 12th May '08 that your payment is due, and i told them i will make payment within 2 days, though my Due Date is 21st of evry month, i made payment through check on 13th evening of Rs.1900/-, I had a car breakdown and was stuck in bad weather on 15th morning, and when i tried callin, my calls were barred, i tried calling customercare, but it only says some advertisments and cancel the call and never connected with customer care. Then i somehow manage to get help and reached office and called the customer care from my landline, they said that you have some outstanding from your last month, so that's why they have barred my calls, when i told them i have made the payments, and why the hell have you given me the credit limit, and ask them to cancel my number, as they have not sent me any message either about the same. and that i don't want to use your service any more, they de-barred my calls within 30 minutes, and this time they had also sent me a message.
[censored]in A** H**es
I am using Airtel postpaid since past 4 years, Airtel has given me a credit limit of Rs. 4900/-, acording to me which means i can make calls upto the same amount, but. last month i had a outstanding of Rs. 1870/-, and these bloody bast... 's had barred my calls on 15th may'08, without even informing me. They had called me on 12th May '08 that your payment is due, and i told them i will make payment within 2 days, though my Due Date is 21st of evry month, i made payment through check on 13th evening of Rs.1900/-, I had a car breakdown and was stuck in bad weather on 14th morning, and when i tried callin, my calls were barred, i tried calling customercare, but it only says some advertisments and cancel the call and never connected with customer care. Then i somehow manage to get help and reached office and called the customer care from my landline, they said that you have some outstanding from your last month, so that's why they have barred my calls, when i told them i have made the payments, and why the hell have you given me the credit limit, and ask them to cancel my number, as they have not sent me any message either about the same. and that i don't want to use your service any more, they de-barred my calls within 30 minutes, and this time they had also sent me a message.
[censored]in A** H**es

prepaid 2 new connection — both connection are deactivated by airtel unknown reason

my two new airtel prepaid connection are as under:-
1) [protected] 2)[protected]

both connection are purchased from different shop but i do not know that why that connection are dead.
kindly let me know the reason. i am facing lot of problem of your services. please improve it & HAPPY DIWALI
RAMESH CHANDRA
My contact no. is [protected]. I have not received any sms sent by you as mentioned. Further if my number is non contactable when you tried, this may be because of Airtel network I am using, however the point is noted and I will change the network. Also I may be reach at email id [protected]@gmail.com.

I had raised a request - request no - 907654 with Airtel on 8th Nov 2011, regarding change of plan.
    They have called...

SIR,
    As massive fraud replacement is going on dumka. Due to
    which RDs &
    Retailers are furious and they are not able to do
    business bcz of
    of regular replacement. Two RDs of (dumka ) SIM has replaced by
    others. As a result RDs are not able to retain
    business. One RD whose
    no is [protected] was replaced by lappu no:[protected]
    on 3rd dec.Under distri no: [protected].This distributor belongs to
    jamtara.
    One major incident happened on also 3rd of this month whose
    FOS :[protected] was also replaced by that no. And second time same
    no was replaced by [protected](vikash trader of south bihar,ud)
    and also he has done replacement of his retailer whose lappu no
    is: [protected], as the RD had 24612 rs in his fos sim. And after replacement
    of that fos amount left in his account is zero. As he transferred
    entire amount in
    that lappu ie, [protected] and after that he transferred 3000 rs to customer
    no [protected] on 10th at 7:19 am, so total amount he transferred to others
    customer is 19000 till time. he also transferred ten times 1499 rs to [protected]
    plz do necessary action to that culprit and also have to settle that RD.
    MY CONT NO: [protected] SO PLZ DO THE NEEDFUL AS SOON

Dea Sir,
      I have already PF form submitted in Airtel Office in 2009.But he is telling my PF form already submitted in RPFC dept in 27 th september 2011.I have received the mesage from EPF Organisation by my mobile number.But still now iam not received any another message Or Amount from PF office.please process my PF amount.If any problem pls call my mobile number[protected] Or send my email Id:elayaperumal.[protected]@alcatel-lucent.com

Thanks & Regards
      D.Elayaperumal
      PF clearance
      Aug 13, 2020

I have applied for PF amount in our office.Now PF is process.Pls process as soon as possible immediately.

PF NUMBER :HR/GGN/10693/008851
      CLAIM ID :GN/GGN/110900/031396
      EMP CODE :33756
      MOBILE NO :[protected]
      EMAIL ID :elyaperumal.[protected]@gmail.com
      EMAIL ID :elayaperumal.[protected]@alcatel-lucent.com

Thanks & Regards
      D.Elayaperumal

I had a bought an Airtel Digital HD connection (Cust Id: [protected]) in June 2010. The Set top Box has started malfunctioning recently, the problem is the sound output vanishes often and now it is not getting ON. I had registered a complaint and the technician visiting today 10/12/2011 and said the set top has problems and needed to be changed. He replaced it with another old repaired set top box and said since the original box is out of warranty (six month period), I need to pay him Rs.750 for the replacement. The warranty for the the replaced set would be just 3 months and there is no guarantee that it will not conk-off after 3 months and I am expected to shell out 750 bucks or may be more again. I therefore refused the replacement and the call has been closed from Airtel side.

It seems Airtel cannot repair the set top box, nor have any AMC.

This is blatant extortion deliberatly fabricated by Airtel as one does not have any other option (procuring something from the market or get this set top box repaired).
        Aug 13, 2020
        Already dropped a mail and provided all the details. No action till now.

Shirish from Corporate office called on 15/Dec and talked to us - dotn think why you are saying we were un-reachable.

Shirish conveyed that he will look and call back. No call back after that. When we tried it is going to board no. and could not connect to Shirish.

Dont we have any SLAs over here.
        This problem is not solved but you guys made me pay Rs. 750/- and then only replaced the set top box.
        The replaced settop box is having warranty of only 3 months and it seems to be very old. Though it is working I am not sure how many days it will work.

I enquired with my friends however they conveyed that other service providers Tata/Reliance replace the settop box without any extra charge even after several years of service and out of warranty period.

As I said above this is blatant extortion deliberatly fabricated by Airtel as one does not have any other option (procuring something from the market or get this set top box repaired).

Moreover the problem solved statement is utterly wrong as you just made me pay Rs. 750/- to fix the issue which is not right. Will not recommend this service.

S.R.jaishankar

sir:
          i have paid Rs1000 before 3 months on 05/9/2011 for airtel broad band...
          Once again my outgoing calls have been blocked without intimation. My no. is[protected]. I had submitted all my...
          I purchased the Turbo 75 plan from Airtel 2 days back. I was aware of the fact that airtel was throttling internet traffic...

I had applied for new postpaid connection of Airtel after being informed by the plan Rs.250 rental by Airtel executive Mr. Ganesh from Hybrid financial services, Andheri East, Mumbai.
          Next day another person collected deposit of Rs. 300 from me and handed over as SIM card. After that there was no response from airtel. When I called back on the no. which was mentioned on payment receipt, i was informed that the plan informed to me was wrong one and the same can not be activated. After that i asked for return of my deposit amount but till date no response has come from airtel. Calling the concerned person is waiting my time and money also.
          This is very unethical activity which deserves the serious action.

I want deposit amount of Rs.300 and all charges of the all the calls which I made to the Airtel offices.

Sent: Friday, December 09, 2011 10:47 AM
            Cc: '[protected]@airtel.in'; 'nodalofficer.[protected]@airtel.in'; '[protected]@airtelmail.in'
            Importance: High

Did any one check this email?

Sent: Tuesday, December 06, 2011 5:58 PM
            To: '[protected]@airtel.in'; 'shekar.[protected]@alcatel-lucent.com'; 'nodal.[protected]@airtel.in'; '[protected]@in.airtel.com'

Who is looking into it?

How many times do you need reminders to check the emails?

Sent: Tuesday, November 22, 2011 10:48 AM
            Importance: High

Did any one get a chance to read this email?

I am getting alert in mobile regarding payments

I spoke to one of the exe and explained but still getting alert

Sent: Wednesday, November 16, 2011 11:05 AM
            Importance: High

Today I called 198 from land line and spoke to Madhu from Escalation Team she raised request No: 7338620 and promise me to revert lets see how this works.

Sent: Wednesday, November 16, 2011 10:25 AM
            To: 'shekar.[protected]@alcatel-lucent.com'; 'nodal.[protected]@airtel.in'; '[protected]@in.airtel.com'
            Cc: '[protected]@airtel.in'; 'nodalofficer.[protected]@airtel.in'; '[protected]@airtel.in'; '[protected]@airtelmail.in'
            Subject: RE:[protected] issue still not resolved

Who is looking in to it?

Sent: Wednesday, November 09, 2011 10:30 AM

Still no improvement its not even 126 kbps now

Sent: Thursday, November 03, 2011 11:24 AM

FYI

Req No: 6659514 - Manju Nath - 11-Nov-2011 11:23 am.

Sent: Thursday, November 03, 2011 11:14 AM

Hi Shekar,

As per discussion, Please do not close this complaint as its frequent problem
            Also let me know the self care account details so that I can check the usage details

As this is a long pending issue I need the entire higher official to be involved to resolve it

Also per my discussion with one of the exe and email sent out (can be found in mail Trail) check out the billing part as my Ticket is out of SLA

Sent: Thursday, November 03, 2011 12:22 AM
            Importance: High

Did any one check this mail?

Sent: Wednesday, November 02, 2011 10:15 AM
            Subject: RE:[protected] issue still not resolved

Since there is no response from Airtel,

I have called 198 and spoke to one of the executive and he said that to transfer the call to his manager but after holding around 20 minits they have disconnected the call

Then I got call from Mr. Anil from Technical Dept but no fruit full result

Just to inform you that : I will not going to make the payment as issue is not resolves yet and no one is bother to rectify it

Sent: Tuesday, October 18, 2011 6:43 AM

Any update on this?

Sent: Sunday, September 18, 2011 1:10 PM

Sent: Thursday, August 18, 2011 10:34 AM

Dear Karthik venktesh,

As per call please update me regarding my complaint

Sent: Thursday, August 18, 2011 10:23 AM
            Importance: High

Who is looking into this email?

Sent: Thursday, August 18, 2011 10:06 AM
            Importance: High

Who is looking into this email?

Sent: Friday, August 12, 2011 10:14 AM

Mr. Shekhar/ Saleem,

Are you guys observing my internet speed as discussed over the phone ?

And why the bill has come 590.94 when you are unable to resolve the issue on time ?

My ticket is already crossed SLA.

Sent: Friday, July 29, 2011 10:59 AM
            Importance: High

Do I need to chase you guys to fix the issue?

Note I will block the payment as this issue is not yet resolved and no one is taking ownership as airtel does always

Sent: Wednesday, July 27, 2011 6:44 AM

Sent: Monday, July 25, 2011 12:05 AM
            Cc: '[protected]@airtel.in'; 'nodalofficer.[protected]@airtel.in'
            Subject:[protected] issue still not resolved
            Importance: High

[protected] issue broadband is very very slow and still not resolved
            Raise complaint yesterday and crossed more than 24 hours but no resolution

Aug 13, 2020

I am working in Dubai and i have been using my mobile[protected] for last few years and have been charging at each interval to keep in active. on 2nd of december i checked my mobiel and it was working and used ezetop to charge my mobile. from 4th till 7 th i used the card extensively upto Rs. 1500/ was charged and used around rs 1000. i also spoke to customer care on 121 and 198 number of times and also they disconnected me calling to the cusotmer care and no one told me about any documents required.

on 7th i had rs. 500 around in the card and around 1100 am, while i was try making call it said that my card is barred for outgoing calls. I called using someone toher line and was informed that i had to submit my doucments and went to Airtel Udupi office to give the doucments. they were not ready to help me anyway and said that i have not used my card for 180 days hence the card has been deactivated. One of the x-staff helped me alittle and manager only listened to me as if nothing had happened and showed his inabliity to do anything as thestaff. i HAD MY passport and all required docments.

In the evening i send my passport copy by email and after 2 hours i recieved a confirmation that my card is active and the card was active. the email said my documents have been recieved and my card has been renewed.....

on 8th morning, the card was not working for both incoming and outgoing calls. I called the cusotmer care from 3 numbers and all teh number were barred to call 198 and 121.

I called [protected] and ohter numbers and spent more than 100 Rs to speak to them. i spoke to Mr. Anil and Mr.Ramesh and they said my card has been recyled becuaes it was not used for 180 days in last.

I have used the card and i have recharge from ezetop ...

kinldy request you to look into the matter urgently.

you can email me on [protected]@eim.ae or call me on [protected] and after 29th of december on[protected]

Thanking you for your support.

Ignatius
              Aug 13, 2020

This is Lakshminarayana reddy B N. i had airtel broadband connection with airtel Account Number: 16179607 & airtel Number: [protected].

My connection is stopped working on september 11th 2011. i have raised the request to solve the issue. but the technical person who came for resolution said it cant be solved as the cables are damaged heavily.Hence i raised the request again in october for disconnection.airtel team took more than a month for disconnection and asking me to pay money for september(11th onwards), october, november months. i am really confused when i am not using the connection how bills are getting generated. These months i have not used the connection and the same informed to the customer care..

Please note my connection is stopped working on 11th september 2011.I have raised request for connection not working with Request number : 3857868.
                Connection Cancellation request number raised: 5385124
                Request no for bills getting generated again and again for unused connection: 8506042.

Even though i have requested for disconnection they kept billing machine alive so that bill is generated. i called more than 50 times to airtel customer care but they say we follow as system says (bill generating machine) and asking me to pay the bill.

Daily i am getting the calls for paying the bill. is there no way that i can take some action without paying some bribe to officers?

I request our indian government should take some action against such malpractices.

Thanks & regards,
                Lakshminarayana reddy

HI Sir,

This regarding recharge RC 37 to avail STD call 30P/Min. I have done a recharge with RC37 but my STD...

Airtel mobile compney had cut balance from my mobile number [protected] which is approximate 90 INR. i had more call to airtel customer care then airtel give me complaint number CBCC[protected] But present time no response by airtel

Ajay Tripathi
                  [protected],[protected]

AirTel — Balanced Detection

Manish Tak
                  [protected] (Prepoaid)

I want to tell the problem of detect balance of my a/c.
                  I tell the story in Detail.

6 March 2011 - I switch in airtel from vodafone and recharge my a/c. from 399 rupees.
                  10 March 2011 - I activite GPRS pack 50 MB Rs. 5/- Val- 1 day
                  14 March 2011 - I again activite GPRS pack 50 MB Rs. 5/- Val- 1 day
                  14 March 2011 My a/c. show 75 detection that time my moblie show 301 rupees. I do not know reason of detect balance. Dial cutomer care(121) but my phone is not conneted with customer representative.then I go our district office of airtel then I complain about all. complain no. is [protected]
                  15 March 2011 again detect 10/- from my a/c or reason I don't know.
                  I complain but same problem with cutomer care 121. then I file the complain from other airtel prepaid connection complain no. [protected]
                  Till then NO action taken by airtel then I again go airtel office and complain the problem your customer representative said to me I cross the limit use of free MB(50 MB) i.e. your balance is detect. but Sir. I know very well I used only 9 MB internet on 14 March 2011 and arround 18-20 MB internet on 10 March 2011. Source- *123*10#
                  Till Today No action taken by airtel No call received from airtel.
                  Sir
                  I want to know, Why detect 85 rupees from a/c.

This is regarding my airtel broadband connection issue. I had placed a request for shifting of my broadband...

Dear Sirs,

I have suddenly received the following unsolicited message on my mobile

"Thank you for using DUK. You will be charged Rs. 1 everyday. To stop service dial *789*407# - From 50000 message centre[protected]"

This is ridiculous and unacceptable as I have not activated such a service. I do not even know who is DUK. I am sure there must be millions of other innocent users like me being charged for this nonsense. I have not been able to unsubscribe this service.
                    I would appreciate if Airtel or the regulatory authorities look into this and assist me in unsubscribing this service today. Thanks

My mobile no: +91-[protected]
                    Mail ID : [protected]@gmail.com

Kind regards,
                    William Pereira
                    Aug 13, 2020
                    I'm also facing the same problem. DUK alert message has been activated automatically without my knowledge.Kindly unsubscribing it.
                    Phone No [protected]
                    Ponpandian .K
                    This is torturous. DUK alert message has been activated automatically without my knowledge.

Kindly unsubscribe it.

Phone No [protected]

Arnab.

I am a regular customer of yours from past 6-7 years. On around 27th of nov. i received a promotional call on my no. that...

I Amarjeet Singh R/O # 718 ,sec.80,mohali visited your airtel relationship office at phase 3B2 mohali (SAS nagar) at about 6:50 pm on 7.12.2011 for paying my airtel bill of mobile no. [protected], after paying the bill i contacted the staff for information about airtel HD digital TV for new connection. I am also a previous customer of airtel digital tv with customer ID [protected]. But I am very sorry to say that staff sitting in the airtel relationship centre gave me no information about HD DTH TV and said that they did'nt had any information about it and asked me to contact 12150.
                      when I contacted the desk incharge Mr. Gurpreet Singh for the information, he also refused to say anything about it. when i asked "You have installed a dummy dish of airtel digital TV in airtel relationship centre and below its written (yahaan uplabadh hai)" means available here, then he loudly and aggressively spoke to me in public and said "Yeh to thekon par bhi likha hai , kya aapko wahaan par Digital TV ka connection milega " (this is also written on wine shops would you get it from there). When i asked him to give me complaint book he straightaway refused to give me the same.

I am 8-9 years old customer of airtel with mobile nos. [protected] , [protected] , [protected], [protected] and a airtel Digital TV connection with ID [protected]. (presently all working )

I request you to kindly take a strict action.

Airtel — Billing misconduct

I made a payment of 326/- on 23-sept-2009 against my aug bill through Airtel website (Easy Pay option). I used my credit card for the payment. The payment was successful and the amount was debited from my account. After a month i got a call from airtel for making the payment (again). The payment that i made, was not reflecting in my airtel account. I lodged a complaint to verify my payment. Since October '09, I've been given several calls for paying the amount, several talks to the cust care, their managers. I've been helping Airtel to resolve this issue. I provided them whatever they asked - transaction number, date, amount, mode of payment, credit card bill copy, and even my CREDIT CARD NUMBER.
                      Finally on 11-Feb-2010 Airtel responded that they cannot look into the details because there in no data in Airtel logs and I'm required to enquire my credit card bank to revert my money back to my account.
                      Till then, I've been facing more than 10 times, my services being barred. And now they have disconnected my number.
                      Scenario is that, Credit card bank has a max limit of 60 days (after transaction date) to enquire for any transaction, after that they cannot see details.

Why am I, a customer, required to run around the payment that i made using Airtel website. If their website/application is not capable of taking the money, then there in not my fault. I'm using the services and making the payment on time.

Airtel cannot give me the services back till the time i do not make those 326 Rs payment again, and CC bank cannot revert my money after 60 days of transaction.
                      This delay is from Airtel only because of which i'm in this condition.

Please suggest what to do?
                      Shashi