Airtel — bharti airtel secure claim rejection

Phani Siva Krishna Balijepalli on May 17, 2019
I have airtel secure plan which covers my mobile handset for repairs of liquid and accidental damages up to rs.25000. And i have raised a claim (Service request number 4238292) on 15th may 2019 for my device claim.

As per the terms and conditions of the policy the claim to be field with in 48 hrs of discovering the damage.

In my case, while i was walking on the road a biker came from behind and hit me, the impact was so much that the phone fell from my shirt pocket. However at that particular point the damage was not visible. Though the incident happened on 10th of may 2019 and i could discover the damage only on 14th may 2019 as the damage was not visible on the date of incident.

Now airtel, has rejected the claim stating that the claim to be field with in 48 hrs of the damage done. Where as, the terms and conditions of the policy says that the claim to be submitted with in 48 hrs of the discovery of the damage.

I have raised a complaint by visiting the airtel office at begumpet, splendid towers, hyderabad on 16th may 2019. Today which is 17th may i received a call from airtel customer care and the executive was so rude that she was mentioning that it my mistake that i have not checked the damage on the date of incident properly and hence they can not honor the claim.

I am attaching you all the documents with this complaint.

I have been loyal to airtel for long years and i have 2 airtel po
St paid connections and airtel broadband connection and airtel dth.

I demand the company to honor my clam 100% and also i demand a compensation from the airtel for the mental agony caused.

bharti airtel secure claim rejection

[May 17, 2019] Airtel customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
Complaint comments  Add a CommentShare0Tweet0

[Resolved] Airtel - MNP [110]

+91 11 4266 6500 [Head Office]
    +91 11 4666 6100 [Head Office]
    20, Sarakki Main Road, JP Nagar 1st Phase, Bangalore, Karnataka, India - 560078
    Airtel - bharti airtel secure claim rejection