Airtel — call drops and worst service
SnSnehil Mahajan on Jan 3, 2018
I have been having innumerble instances with airtel network:
1) calls get dropped quite often though both parties "confirm" good network signal.
2) either party is not able to hear the other though both parties "confirm" good network signal.
3) a single call that usually can be completed in say "1 minute" now most of the times take 5 to 6 calls, all because of this frustrating airtel network issues which keeps dropping calls midway. This in effect has a negative side to it, as we end up being charged for the 5 - 6 calls instead of 1 call.
4) static on calls - instances have been quite frequent.
5) most of the airtel customer service agents (121) though polite, are not aware of issues, and also are not adequately trained to address issues.
6) the common "excuse" that is provided on a call to airtel customer service agents 121 is that their applications are down.
7) it is very hard to get a supervisor or a manager on line to speak to. The common excuse that is provided is that they are not available in that shift?
8) when i make a call to any number, somtimes i keep hearing a ring tone and the call never gets picked up, but the other party reports picking up the call but unable to hear anything on the other side, and we invariably end up getting billed for these calls too.
9) there are many instances of cross connections midway during a call, and we have to end up disconnecting the call and make another call again.
10) there is no support number that we as a customer can call to have these "network issues" addressed. There should be a number for customers to call the network/technical team.
11) the list goes on & on, and the only relief (If we can call it that), is that if we as a customer are aware of our rights and dispute these "invalid" changes, airtel ends up "providing" discounts and free talk time. But the point is, we ask & subscribe for a service, expecting good service as well as good customer satisfaction, but all we get is a run around time and time again.
12) the excuse they have given me many a time is that my mobile must be fauly and suggested i try the connection with a new one, though i did tell the agents that the issue is not with the hand set, but with airtel network, as has been proved time and time aagain by various other customers who are with airtel. I did change my handset to a new model, and i am still facing the same issue, i even changed my number and then my sim, but to no effect.
13) airtel understands that they have a network issue (What they call a global issue), and it has been 5 or so months now, and the issue still remains. How long we as customers can "bear/tolerate" this kind oa pathetic service.
[Jan 03, 2018] Airtel customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
Post your Comment
+91 96 6339 XXXX
20, Sarakki Main Road, JP Nagar 1st Phase, Bangalore, Karnataka, India - 560078