Airtel — international roaming without prior information

Lubna Shaheen on Jan 7, 2019
I activated my international roaming for 10 days in july 2018 with a rs2999 package which i was told will end in 10 days. I paid the dues.

This time in december i did not activate international roaming when i travelled on december 16, 2018, but airtel activated my roaming without informing me and has sent me a bill of over rs9000. When i informed them that this was done without my permission or without any information, i was told they cannot do anything about it and it is valid and i as the customer should have called them.

I was under the impression that since they activated it from their end, they will charge me the same amount, and this is a rude shock and i am appalled at the high bill. I said that i will pay the same amount as last time but they did not agree and so i suggested that at the most i can pay 50% of the bill since i want to keep my number and continue with airtel, they are saying they will onbly deduct rs1000 as a goodwill waiver. This is too high and i would like to know how i can resolve this.

[Jan 07, 2019] Airtel customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

Related Complaints

[Resolved] Airtel - balance deduction [697]

[Resolved] Airtel - call details [343]

[Resolved] Airtel - SIM Activation [209]

[Resolved] Airtel - Sim Block [167]

[Resolved] Airtel - MNP [110]

Comments

I have not receiving any icoming calls on my airtel number [protected].please describe my reacharge plan to continue my service.
I upgraded from airtel prepaid to postpaid and provided driving licence as identity proof. When i logged in to my airtel app, there showing others name on my number. I asked customer service to change my name as actual and they refused.
I am using Airtel sim card since last two years.I want to convert card to prepaid but procedure of corporate card conversation to prepaid is very critical. Require longer time, so please make it simple & early possible.
As we are the user of Airtel services from very long time. Why is limited of incoming and outgoing validity.

Kindly respond my query as soon as possible.

Best Regards,
Consumer
‭+[protected]‬ Is calling me again and again and asked to pay 3000 rupees for giving me a job . They have robbed many people before too . Near old canteen, phase 7, mohali .
I have recharged rs 10 talktime by paytm. It was successful by paytm but didint receive any balance. Cant access outgoing services. how can I activate my outgoing services
I choose airtel as best network over idea and ported sim in airtel, but while i am going to activate sim there is no network showing on the signal bar . Since i am in roaming it is much necessary to activate this airtel sim.pl.do the needful asap. Unable to call 59059.
Within 2.30hrs whole 1.4Gb gets exhausted while I am surfing on youtube for not more than 1 hour. I better get a solution from you.
Dear Airtel team,

I Port my number from idea to Airtel and now I have issue with the verification of the number because I don't receive otp on my other no. Did you have any other method to complete the process so that I could be able to use the number...

Awating your response...
I am not using much my airtel number and my balance is low.
Due to this reason, my number is deactivated.

Please reactive it an emergency.
I have made payment of Rs. 580 on 20th December, 2018 to an inactive no. ([protected]) by mistake. I want refund of the same asap.
Hello
My account is been debited with 470.55 toward AIRTEL (pgsi) this morning,
i dont have any connection in AIRTEL .
kindly do arrangement to reverse my amount, if it has done by mistake, i have not enrolled to any auto debit too

my mail id ; meetpraku@gmail.com
name : y prakash kumar
No signal in my SIM card since yesterday 9pm, suddenly it stop receiving signal.l keep on restarting my phone but it still don't have any signal.
Mobile no not registered my mobile no [protected]
I want customer I'd

+91 11 4266 6500 [Head Office]
    +91 11 4666 6100 [Head Office]
    20, Sarakki Main Road, JP Nagar 1st Phase, Bangalore, Karnataka, India - 560078
    Airtel - international roaming without prior information