[Resolved] Airtel — international roaming wrongly charged

India, Pune, Maharashtra, India
 Ankita Singh Baghel on Apr 15, 2019
I am writing to you, seeking guidance and help regarding my situation where Airtel has wrongfully billed me an amount of Rs. 5160.69/- for international roaming charges for mobile number [protected].

I was on trip of Malaysia and Thailand from 16th to 23rd of Mar, 2019. During this period Airtel has put me on a Rs. 499/- per day international roaming pack, amounting to this huge bill.

As per Airtel, they have put me on this pack, as I have consumed data while I was on international roaming. I refuse this claim because I had not used any mobile data, nor did I plan to during my trip (which is why I had not subscribed to their 1500 for 10 days International Roaming pack). I say this with confidence because most of my time was spent on hotel where I had access to wifi and other than that I used my friend’s phone who activated 1500 pack which we shared.

Moreover, Airtel has had a history of charging for wrong data usage, as I can see through the internet.

The best they have done is told me that the charges are valid and I have to pay for the amount. I do not want to pay any amount except for monthly 300-400 postpaid charge as I have not consume their services ( Neither International calling, Messaging or mobile data).

*** Attaching the screenshot of my mobile where you can easily see that 0 bytes have been used in International roaming ***

I would request you to kindly guide me, as in what options do I have in front of me with regards to this dispute.

international roaming wrongly charged
Complaint marked as Resolved Apr 17, 2019
Issue has been resolved. They confirmed that internet was being used only by wifi. Waived off whole amount.
Thanks Airtel for quick resolution.

[Apr 16, 2019] Airtel customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
Updated by Ankita Singh Baghel, Apr 15, 2019
Mailed them called them still no satisfactory response

Related Complaints

[Resolved] Airtel - balance deduction [697]

[Resolved] Airtel - call details [346]

[Resolved] Airtel - SIM Activation [210]

[Resolved] Airtel - Sim Block [168]

[Resolved] Airtel - MNP [110]

Comments

Ankita it’s your fault.

Intl Roaming is automatically activated when outside India. It doesn’t matter whether you use data or not.

If you don’t want to activate it, you need to be on Airplane Mode or keep your cellular disabled. For the duration of the trip till you reach the Indian airport.

If you failed to do this, the charges are genuine.

+91 11 4266 6500 [Head Office]
    +91 11 4666 6100 [Head Office]
    20, Sarakki Main Road, JP Nagar 1st Phase, Bangalore, Karnataka, India - 560078
    Airtel - international roaming wrongly charged