Airtel — mobile secure claim

[email protected] on Sep 2, 2018
I have insured my mobile with airtel secure. I have registered a complaint regarding the damage of my device and and uploaded the required documents on the portal. I received a call regarding the documents verification and asked to upload more description of the accident, which I did. I again received a call and I asked my brother to handle the issue and handed over the call to him, he answered the call and said he was handling the issue, airtel service person informed my brother to ask me to mail to airtel stating my brother is the user of the device only then he could process the claim on my behalf, I mailed stating the same. I received a call after that saying claim is rejected as my brother is using the mobile. They have fooled my brother to get the false declaration mail such that they could reject the claim. Any how the declaration mail was sent after the date of accident and after complaint have been registered. So even if they are considering my mail(which they obtained by misguiding us) stating my brother will be using my mobile hereby, device was owned my myself when accident occurred and claim was raised. I am currently paying monthly rental of RS.649-(already paid around 1000rs for past 30 months) to my network provider in order to keep my mobile insured for Rs8, 000 along with network service.

[Sep 03, 2018] Airtel customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
Updated by [email protected], Sep 02, 2018
I am an Airtel customer bearing mobile no:[protected] have insured my mobile with airtel secure. I have registered a complaint regarding the damage of my device and and uploaded the required documents on the portal. I received a call regarding the documents verification and asked to upload more description of the accident, which I did. I again received a call and I asked my brother to handle the issue and handed over the call to him, he answered the call and said he was handling the issue, airtel service person informed my brother to ask me to mail to airtel stating my brother is the user of the device only then he could process the claim on my behalf, I mailed stating the same. I received a call after that saying claim is rejected as my brother is using the mobile. They have fooled my brother to get the false declaration mail such that they could reject the claim. Any how the declaration mail was sent after the date of accident and after complaint have been registered. So even if they are considering my mail(which they obtained by misguiding us) stating my brother will be using my mobile hereby, device was owned my myself when accident occurred and claim was raised. I am currently paying monthly rental of RS.649-(already paid around 1000rs for past 30 months) to my network provider in order to keep my mobile insured for Rs8, 000 along with network service.

Related Complaints