[Resolved] Apollo Hospital — urgent - change of room, accommodation with dengue patient.

Bilaspur, Bilaspur District, Chhattisgarh, India
 SmsSharma on Jan 27, 2018
I am currently admitted to apollo bilaspur, since 8th jan 2018. I am an occupant of semi private ward. I am having a high risk pregnancy and in early 1st trimester.

Today an outsider dengue patient was admitted to my room (As confirmed by lab reports). The service manager accommodated patient suffering from dengue in my room and there are mosquitoes in my room exposing me to risk of being infected from transmission from mosquito. Such patient must be admitted to patients with similar disease or should be admitted to quarantined or private ward.

After confronting the same with service manager, who replied after 1.5 hours, the service manager lady was very rude and told me that you have two options:

1. The dengue patient to be shifted to another room (To which the other patient refused)

2. You may shift to other ward, to this i agreed although i am admitted here since long and on complete bed rest, but service manager offered me the room where one child was suffering from viral fever i. E. A similar option.

And then she walked off without completely hearing me out and resolving my issue.

This kind of irresponsible and unprofessional behaviour is not expected from a premier hospital having a national presence. I've been utterly dissatisfied and frustrated how the matter has been handled by the management.

I've already been through a lot and can't take any kind of risk which may affect me and my pregnancy. So i once again request that this matter must be dealt pragmatically and swiftly understanding my situation. Please avoid the risk involved as my life is apollo's responsibility which it seems that they are not cared of, which is scary and mentally frustrating. Doctor has advised me complete rest - physically and mentally. Therefore please once again i request to attend the matter on the urgent basis.
Complaint marked as Resolved Mar 1, 2018

[Jan 27, 2018] Apollo Hospital customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
Apollo Hospital Customer Care's response, Jan 29, 2018
Hello Mam,

Apologies for the inconvenience caused, kindly share your Name and UHID no. We will look into this and get back to you at the earliest.

Team Apollo Hospitals

Comments

Thank you for responding. I am Smriti Sharma and I got discharged on 30th Jan morning. I just wanted to share that no effective action was taken on time and I was put under the risk. All this caused me physical and mental stress. I just hope that in future this type of situation will not get repeated.

No. 21, Greams Lane,Off. Greams Road, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India - 600006
    Apollo Hospital - urgent - change of room, accommodation with dengue patient.