Asus India — hardware issues with a new asus s510u

Gousiya S on Mar 5, 2018

I purchased a new ASUS S510U 8gb Ram Intel Core i5 Win 10 from Laptech Solutions Pune on 25-Nov-2017 ( contact ‭[protected]‬). As soon as the box was unpacked and the laptop handed over to me I pointed out that the machine hangs on every click and this could be a hardware issue. I was assured by the Laptech guys that this is because it’s installed windows updates in the background and that it would work fine once completed.
However, I checked for almost two days and contacted the Laptech guys saying the issue still persists and this has to be a hardware issue on which the tech laughed and said aise thodi rehta hai hardware issue.

I took my laptop twice to the dealer where god alone knows what he did stating he refreshed he software installation and it would work fine.

I was traveling abroad and hence on my return now noticing that the issue hasn’t fixed I decided to contact the asus customer care directly asking for a replacement as the dealer wouldn’t initiate it. They informed me that a replacement is done only in the first 7 days and has to be Initiated by the dealer. I explained to them the entire situation and after a lot of arguments finally they agreed to send a technician for having my laptop checked.

The asus tech informed that it is a hard disk issue and that the part would be replaced. My question is when I had reported the hardware issue right on the first day why didn’t the dealer issue a replacement? Why should I get my new laptop parts replaced in bits and pieces when I have paid 63k for the same?

On contacting the dealer and telling him about this he in a unprofessional rude tone argued with me denying that I never reported it to them and also they can only look at software issues. After cheating your customer or not addressing their concerns how can someone even have the audacity to speak in that tone, let alone be the way he was lying and denying things. If he only fixes software issues and can’t comment on hardware issue why the hell did he not contact that ASUS guys to have this checked when I reported it? Was any money going out of his pocket for a replacement of a faulty laptop? He should have guided the customer just as they give churans before the purchase is made.

Does he even qualify to be an authorised dealer?

I would want my laptop in entirety replaced as tom another part might give trouble. Please look into this issue and help me. I am not willing to let go off my hard earned money 63k go down the drain . I do not want a hardware replacement, I want a laptop replacement as this never worked from day 1.

[Mar 06, 2018] Asus India customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
Updated by Gousiya S, Mar 06, 2018
The ASUS technicians have assured me they will look into this matter and help me in the best possible way. I would like to keep the complaint open until it has reached a resolution.

Gousiya Siddibilal