Axis Bank — malpractice in suri branch

Suri, Birbhum District, West Bengal, India
 PiyaleeDas on Jan 25, 2018

My mother, jharna das, is a customer of axis bank (A/c no [protected]), suri branch. We are facing fraudulent behavior on part of the staff of the said branch.

Incident 1: on the maturing of my mother's fixed deposit, she was asking about the interest rates of fd. A certain staff member led her to believe that he was investing her money in an fd with high interest rate and actually signed her up on a high risk equity driven mf. We all had to visit the branch and insist on the withdrawal of the same the next day. Only then it was withdrawn.

Incident 2: my mother went to the branch to link her adhaar card to her account. She was signed up for a credit card with automatic account debit feature on. And that too without her knowledge or consent.

Incident 3: my mother submitted application for the cancellation of the credit card. Nothing happened.

All these have been going on for months. My mother is not tech savvy and relies on bank staff for her transactions. All this happened in full knowledge of the branch manager and we are tired of seeking redressal. If this doesn't stop, we will be forced to move all our relationships to a different bank.

Piyalee das

[Jan 25, 2018] Axis Bank customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
Complaint comments  Add a CommentShare0Tweet0