[Resolved] Bharat Matrimony — A Spam site

Kochi, Ernakulam District, Kerala, India
 Vyttila Varkey
This company treats its customers like a bunch of who should be force-fed with their spam. I had registered on its sister site Keralamatrimony.com just to view the picture of a girl. From the next day, their representative began to harass me with calls to go for a paid membership. Initially I was willing to join it, but when I received the second call from them, I became more reluctant. The second marketer was out rightly rude, when I pointed out the fact that a rival matrimony had almost five times more profiles than it did. She checked my login records and stated bluntly that I was lying, since I had not logged into the site for three day. (I had compared the two sites three days ago). I complained through the bharathmatrimony.com site and soon two executives called me to say that they are sorry for the behaviour of their employees and that they will add my profile and email to their do-not-disturb directory. But things did end with that. Soon, I deleted my profile, and early the next morning, I received yet another call saying that they have a directory through which you can book marriage halls and blah blah. I also received emails asking me to view some profiles and to upgrade my membership. I unsubscribed from the email, by clicking on the unsubscribe link. But, the emails continued to pour in. I also started receiving unrelated and unsolicited sms. Strangely, they were all about events that were to be conducted in Chennai. I strongly believe that someone at Bharathmatrimony had sold their database to a third party. Even after a month of deleting my profile, I continue to receive spam emails. I attached kept a copy of it.

A Spam site
Seems like Bharatmatrimony has taken action and has stopped spamming me. I had emailed them directly. Please note that my issue was not just about spam, it was the way a company handles its clients.

Comments

We have had too many "getting in touches" now and as given in my previous comment is that exactly is the problem.

I am willing to delete my reviews if you stop 'getting in touch' with me.
How many times can someone lie? I have attached here the latest spam mail from you. I received the latest mail at 06.41am on[protected].

Last spam received on[protected] @ 06:43. It was received from [email protected] am waiting for your next lie.
I have forwarded the last spam email to your helpdesk. It was received today.
I thought, they Bharatmatrimony had stopped bugging me, but I believe they get a special thrill from calling me at the most inopportune moment and follow that up with an email. They are now calling me to talk about matrimonydirectory. FYI I am married now, thanks to m4marry.com. But you can always keep trying.

The latest mail came on Nov 27.

+91 81 4499 8877 (India)
    +44 20 3608 0267 (UK)
    +1 818 688 3593 (USA/Canada)
    No:94, TVH Beliciaa Towers, 10th Floor, Tower 2, MRC Nagar, Mandaveli, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India - 600028
    Bharat Matrimony - A Spam site