Bigbasket.com — fruits and vegetables are of less weight - cheating customers
KaKanika Pahadia on Oct 19, 2019
One of the renowned and super famous online portal with shahrukh khan as the brand ambassador. This is enough to tell you the company is making huge profit.
However, there is not one person who is happy with the service, quality, price, delivery and availability of the products. I am jotting down some issues happening daily :
1. Glitches in the app.
2. Product out of stock at the time of delivery.
3. Delivery happens before time.in case you are not available, delivery is cancelled. This is not it, the money you paid via card will be refunded in the form of big basket wallet hence this is an infinite circle of money in bb wallet and you ending up buying from here.
4. Rude delivery person.
5. Chat support never works. You call them, it is highly chargeable. They put you on hold for minutes and laugh off and don’t even close the issue.
6. You request for a call back, never happens.
7. Picture of the product is nice, what you get is so bad in shape, size, freshness, everything. Bad quality product for the price charged is unaceptable.
8. High prices.
9. Delivery charge, until you have bb star which is again a waste (I do not understand why every app these days comes with a membership, we as customers promote it by buying it all)
10. Closing down the point by mentioning a recent incident which made me feel how badly we as customers are getting cheated at bigbasket. So i happen to order some fruits and vegetables in case i have a busy week or something was unavailable in the vegetable market. I ordered week’s fruits and vegetables. I got an email 2 hours before delivery saying modification in the weight of the items. I thought this is fine. I got the delivery, quality super bad, rotten lettuce and unripe tomatoes and slit bananas with insects on it. I am honestly telling you i still did not lose my cool, happens. I happened to buy kitchen weighing scale the same day so i thought lets just start using it by checking the weight of the products. I lost my mind when not 1 but all the items were 100–300 gms less than the charged weight. I will give you examples now. Tomato was charged for 1.04 kg, i was sent 840 kg. The papayas were in the category 1–1.5 kg, i ordered two of them. One weight 670 gms & 1 wegihing 723 gms. I contacted them, they being so unapologetic about it, told me +-5% weight difference happens. I also agree, but what is with 10–20% in every item? It clearly doesn’t make sense. Imagine, i was being cheated on 14 items that were fruits and vegetables, i was charged somewhere around 700 where the actual price should have been around 540–570 inr. For me they charged 20% extra than what they delivered, this price is on top of the expensive vegetables already. Everyday, they are cheating 100’s and 1000’s of customers who are not bothering to check the weight exactly like me, such fraudulent activities are making them no.1 in india.
I would actually encourage buy it from local vendors, you can bargain a bit but at least you will get exact quantity and you will not feel cheated, this will in turn help them earn money too.
[Oct 19, 2019] BigBasket.com customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
Verified SupportBigBasket.com Customer Care's response, Oct 20, 2019
We apologize for the disappointment, please share us the order details. We will have this checked.
|Add a Comment Updated:||Share0Tweet0|