Austrian Airlines

Austrian Airlines Complaints & Reviews

Sir/Madam,

I had booked the tickets of your airlines for 4 passengers in the names of Kamlesh Daga, Preeti Daga, Saloni Daga & Keshav Daga, on 24th April, 2010 for DEL-VIE-BRU & MUC-BOM sectors. I had personally booked these tickets through Internet against my HDFC Bank Credit Card and the Confirmed booking code allotted to me was Y87KTA. Our travel was to begin from 7th May, 2010. The total payment made was Rs. 1,51,592/-.

When we reached Delhi Airport in extreme enthusiasm to board the flight on the scheduled date of travel, we were stunned & shocked to hear that our tickets were not confirmed since the payment was not remitted by our bankers inspite of receiving the confirmed booking code as Y87KTA. This unexpected statement has put us in a very suspicious and disgusting situation which has totally interrupted our enthusiasm and we were compelled to think what to do now ?

Ultimately, since we are completely prepared for and do not want to cancel our tour at any cost, we were compelled to purchase the tickets from the counter at comparatively much higher cost. But, the mental torture, mental disturbance faced by us and the financial loss suffered due to communication gap from your side has created a doubt in our mind permanently and we have decided not to book any ticket from your airlines nor shall we recommend your airlines to anybody. It is a matter of concern for your airlines and shows your attitude & service you are providing to your customers.

If you have not received payment against the booking, you should have communicated to us so that we could talk to our Bankers for releasing payment, well in advance. Due to lack of communication from your side, we had to suffer heavy financial loss (since we had to purchase the tickets at much higher cost) and most importantly, we had to face severe mental torture & tremendous stress which has affected our charm to a great extent.

In this regard, I had already sent a letter to your airlines on 19th June, 2010 wherein I had requested you to take a serious note of this matter, initiate strict disciplinary action on the concerned officials and refund us the entire ticket amount in order to compensate the financial loss and hardship suffered by us due to your negligence in informing us that you have not received the payment against our booking.

We expect an immediate positive response from your side. We also request to inform / instruct your entire staff, specially to customer-care Executives to take due care of your customers, atleast for your benefit.

Yours truly

Kamlesh Daga
Siddarth Bhavan, Morshi Road
Amravati – 444 601
Aug 13, 2020

Respected Sir
    I want to state that I have booked one way air ticket to Copenhagen from Delhi in AUSRIAN AIRLINES by:
    B.T Travels, Vijaya Tower
    Office no.2, 1st Floor
    Civil Lines, Near SBI Main Branch
    JAlandhar, Punjab.
    The details of My ticket are given below:
    ABACUS Reservation Code: ISYBRL/1B

ECONOMY IV
    SEAT:CHECK IN REQUIRED CONFIRMED
    NOT VALID BEFORE 13 SEP BAGS 20K
    NOT VALID AFTER 13 SEP FARE BASIS:VOX4

These are the details of my ticket which I have booked.I will also like to mention here that I also have reconfirmed the ticket at the Airport Office of the Airlines also.My relatives were with me who were going to Italy and we had booked the tickets rom the same agent for the same flight.My Nephew was also with me.We have to change the flights from Vienna.I have given the currency which I have exchanged from bank to my Senior collegue(Relative-Mr. Madan Lal who was going to Italy.) to handle till Vienna as It was my first ever air journey and I was hasitating to to handle.I was going there for my studies and had informed my Student advisor to pick me from the station.we have fixed all things.But when we start weighing our baggage, it took quite a long time.My relative went inside for immigration and I was still standing in the que for baggage at the counter of airlines.But in the men time one of their officilas came and said that they are sorry as they can not allow me to travel in the plane as it is OVER BOOKED.I was very amazed to hear the word -Over booked.I said then what is the benefit of booking.He smiles and said it happens oftenly and stated that he would arrange my tickets in another plane or I have to wait for 2 days.I begged that my currency is with my realtive and I have to reach there on 13th at the decided time between me and the university officials.But they kep on smilling and suggested me to go in Jet Airlines.He said that you would meet your relative at Vienna.I not only suffered at the airport but had lot of problems through out my journey.And my stay was at Brussels instead of Vienna as he told me.
    It is very difficult to write every thing in the mail.I have suffered from a great mental and financial loss.i am still in dipression because of all what happebed because of them.I have onle 700 Rupees in my pocket but at Copenhagen airport no one exchange Indian Rupee.Now think from how many difficulties would I had suffered, I was not even in condition to call any one.Only I know how I suffered.
    Now plaese take a proper action against them and also tell me that what can I have to do to file the case against them as I want strong action against them as I am sure that I will not the only one who had suffered.
    I will be very thankful to you for yor earlier and prompt action.I will be in wait of your reply.
    Thanking You
    Ajay Menia
    S/O-Sh.Surjit Kumar
    W.N-364, Katra Mohalla
    Danishmanda, JAlandhar
    Punjab-1444002.

I live in Myanmar since 1991 and I used to fly back to Italy with other Airlines.
    I support Austrian Airline since I started to fly with your Company (about 6 years ago).
    I live in Myanmar, and I use to go to Verona where my family lives, by transiting trough Vienna.
    I always fly in Business (Amadeus) Class, except this time.
    I like your service and professionalism either in the Plane and in the Airport of Vienna. For me it is among the best !
    This time I've booked for 2 seats (myself and my fiancée) in Economic Class for the flight of tomorrow 9th December, Bangkok-Vienna, OS 026.
    Actually the full Flight was booked by my trusted Agency SUNFAR of Yangon (Myanmar), and it was as following:
    RGN-BKK (09.12.2009): TG 306
    BKK-VIE (09.12.2009): OS 026
    VIE-VRN (10.12.2009): OS 8071
    The Return (still in Waiting List) was the following:
    VRN-VIE (04.01.2010): OS 8074 (Operated by Air Dolomiti)
    VIE-BKK (04.01.2010): OS 025
    BKK-RGN (05.01.2010): TG 305
    THE PROBLEM is that Austrian Airline Agent in Yangon, at first (last Friday) confirmed the issue of the thicket despite the waiting List for VIE-BKK and BKK-RGN.
    Today 08.12.2009, same Agent refused to issue thicket due the Waiting List.
    I called, and the answer was that due the new rules and regulations issued by Your Company already 1 or 2 months ago, they cannot do nothing.
    Upon my complain that they should have informed earlier at least, so I could have made a different plan, but their answer was: "... WELL ... SOMETIMES WE CAN MAKE MISTAKES, ... SORRY ABOUT THAT".
    The Agent SUNFAR (which is the biggest in Myanmar) had also other problems about 1 month ago, and lost lots of money as well.
    Now I'm forced to take Thai Airways and go to Milan, which is not the route I've planned, an will have to cancel some Business meetings I had same day (in the morning) of arrival in Verona Airport itself, due I'll have to take train or wait for somebody to come and pick us up from Milan, with the consequent different timing and inconveniences.

My Complain is purely about your agent in Yangon due his Incompetence and arrogance !!
    Until the same Agent will be operating, I will not dear to book my flights with him anymore and will use other Airlines which have better and more trusting Agents.

I really would like to support your Company, but with this kind of Agent I cannot rely anymore due the bad service provided in Yangon.
    They make You loose your very good reputation.

Best Regards,
    Francesco Laperni
    believe it or not...over-booking is done by every airline. so be at the airport 4 hrs before flight time. during heavy rush times the unlucky ones will be considered as no-show . ie is ddint arrive at the counter on time. it is your right to demand compensation and dont leave the airport till u get it.

SAMBASIVA RAO ANCHA
      FIRST FLOOR, PLOT No. 305,
      ROAD No. 29, Near DAVP School,
      VIVEKANAND NAGAR,
      KUKATPALLY,
      HYDERABAD – 500 072
      Phone - [protected], [protected]

I TRAVELLED BY (OS) 7232 / OS 35 FROM MUNICH TO MUMBAI VIA VIENNA IN BUSINESS PREMIUM (J) CLASS ON 22nd FEB 2008 WITH RESERVATION REFERENCE NUMBER / CONFIRMATION NUMBER ZM6OQ3. MY SEAT NUMBER IN 22nd FEB's 0S 35 WAS 1K.

COPY OF BOTH BOARDING PASSES WAS ATTACHED FOR YOUR READY REFERENCE.

I HAD A REGISTERED BAG DURING REFERRED JOURNEY AND FOUND ITS HANDLE TOTALLY DAMAGED, MISPLACED AND REMOVED FROM SUITCASE, WHEN I COLLECTED MY BAGGAGE AT MUMBAI AIRPORT ON 22nd FEB LATE EVENING. I CONTACTED ON-DUTY SUPERVISOR AND SHOWED HIM THE CONDITION OF DAMAGED BAGGAGE / SUITCASE AND REGISTERED COMPLAINT AND GOT HIS ACKNOWLEDGEMENT FOR DAMAGE OF REGISTERED BAGGAGE / SUITCASE.

I am furnishing required details.

DAMAGED SUITCASE Manufacturer's Name - ‘Aristocrat’

Size of Damaged Suitcase - 32 / 36 inch

Purchased Cost of SUITCASE in March 2007 - Indian Rs. 4800/-

Place of Purchase - Kakinada, Andhra Pradesh

Date of Purchase of new SUITCASE - 2nd March 2007

I tried to get referred suitcase repaired. Unfortunately referred suitcase has got damaged beyond reapairs, as it’s supporting frame for the handle basement has also got damaged along with the handle.

I have sent atleast six e-mals to follwing, requesting them to organise for payment of necessary compensation at the earliest.

[protected]@austrian.com; [protected]@aua.com; [protected]@aua.com; [protected]@aua.com; [protected]@aua.com; Airmanager.[protected]@austrian.com

But I have not yet received any positive response from any one.
      I also had an incident with OS, raised my
      complaint to Airline itself and European law bodies,
      Ministry in EU but no result, desperetaly but with a
      determination I still seek for a justice,

Austrian airlines are not very polite and obviously totally
      incapable of seeing things from the customer's perspective -
      blocking people with fault decisions on doc checks are not
      the actions of an ethical supplier.

I am building a portal and website just for the people who are wronged and victimized with the faults of responsible staff at this airline
      I know how powerless it can feel when complaining to Austrian airlines and being at their mercy. It is time we held Austrian airline
      accountable for their mistakes. That's where this new portal comes in to let more people to know What happened!!

please welcome to stop by and add your comments and share your experiences,

Site: http://www.denied-boarding.info