E71

E71 Complaints & Reviews

Kolkata, West Bengal
I purchased a new E71 around four month back but recently started getting problem of Phone hang and getting error "Insert SIM Card". I visited Nokia care centre and they kept my mobile for repair. When they were returning the phone, they said that they had repaired it and also asked me to go to some local shop and do the format of my memory card. I asked that being a Nokia care centre they should do that and why should I go to local shop and get it formatted and pay extra money as this is warranty case but they refused and told that they do not have card reader. It is ridicules. I have to get the memory card checked from other local shop for virus and there was no virus.
T my surprise, when I started using the phone, it is giving same problem and I am sure nothing has been done.

Nokia being a renowned company if start giving these type of services will only compel the customer switching over to other companies.

Could you please forward this complaint to the concern authority.

E71 — I have to take up backup every quarter

I am yet to hear on following mail.

From: Anil [mailto:[protected]@cypasia.net]
Sent: Tuesday, June 08, 2010 4:19 PM
To: '[protected]@nokia.com'
Subject: Re: Problems with my E71 Phone

This is to inform that my cell IMI No. [protected] bought on 27.2.2009 and is presently under extended warranty cover until 26.2.2011. I have been forced to visit regularly the Nokia Care Center in Sector-35, Chandigarh. I had to reload/update the software almost every three month and am supposed to take frequent backups, resetting of nokia messaging services. I don’t use any other application on my cell. I haven’t downloaded any software on my cell. In the current year during 2010 starting from January to date I have visited thrice (23.2.10, 19.5.2010 both times for software updation and 5.6.10 keypad problem). Could you please intervene to ensure that I am not required to pay frequent visits to service centre and my cell works smoothly.

Kindly revert back once you have checked online the number of visits I have made to rectify faults ever since I bought this handset.

Anil Gupta
M [protected]

P
    Ernakulam, Kerala
    from
    P.B. Dineshkumarr, S/o P.S. Balakrishnapillai, Puthenveedu, Thengode.P.O, Kochi-682030, Ernakulam District, (Mobile No. [protected]

On 25/11/2009, I had purchased a new Nokia E71 model handset with IMEI No. [protected] from Exclusive Nokia Showroom at Aspara Arcade, M.K.K. Nair Road, Near Axis Bank, Palarivattom, Cochin-25. At the time of purchase it was assured by the vendor that the hand set is of superior quality and is free from any complaints and that the Nokia India Pvt. Ltd. would provide best after sale service. However, shortly after the purchase, I had noticed serious complaints with the handset. The handset drop signals frequently even while in the midst of Cochin City. The handset always display the message that ‘no network coverage’ even when the service provider (BSNL) have wide coverage over the area. I also noticed that the settings organized by me in the handset are changing automatically and the handset always run restart function automatically. Moreover, I could not use the hand set properly as the same always go hanging while navigating through different menu.

Immediately on noticing the complaints with the handset I have approached M/s. Poovath International, Door No 28/3330 'C', 2nd Floor, Sajma Complex, S.A Road, Kadvanthra, Cochin-682020, who is a premium customer care centre of Nokia India Pvt. Ltd. I put the phenomenon to the notice of premium customer care centre and handed over the handset to them for service. After some time the premium customer care centre returned the handset stating that they have cured the complaints. However, even after the repair the handset did not function properly. The handset has shown the same complaints which it had. I approached the premium customer care centre again and again pointing out the very same complaints. However, the premium customer care centre could not cure the defects despite repeated repairs. On 28/01/2010 the handset was taken by the premium customer care centre stating that the complaint of the handset is on account of some manufacturing defects and the same has to be forwarded to their main office at Delhi. After inordinate delay of one month, the handset was returned to me on 12/03/2010 It was stated to me that all the complaints of the handset have been cured and the handset is functioning properly. However, on examination of the handset I have realized that the handset is not functioning properly and that the handset is showing the very same complaints even after repair by the experts.

I had purchased the handset by paying Rs. 15, 900/- (Rupees Fifteen Thousand and Nine Hundred only). The complaints of the handset and your failure to cure the complaints have caused serious inconvenience and hardships to me. The actions and omissions on your part in detecting and curing the mechanical defect of the handset amount to deficiency of service and on account of the deficiency of service on your part as stated above I have sustained serious injury. Moreover, there was unfair treatment meted out to me as a result of which I have suffered agony, stress and strain. The negligence and latches on your part and the consequent deficiency in service has caused serious inconvenience, pain and injury to me.

In the above circumstances, I hereby call upon you to make good the loss.

Nokia E 71 — defective device

From
    Mr. Davinder singh gulati

Nokia

Sub: Defective E 71 device

I had purchase E 71 nokia mobile from Rajlaxmi Telecom, Matunga, Mumbai 19 on 26/10/08 [tax invoice no 21889], from the date of purchase, device get hang on call,
    I went several times to Rajlaxmi Telecom, Matunga, Mumbai 400019 & Brightpoint, lower parel, Mumbai 400 013 [ see job no MUM 0694686 dtd 7/4/09, job no Mum0698796 ] but the problem remain the same till date .
    Due to this, I have lost my time, money for traveling to & fro & business and have since remained mentally disturbed also. So I hereby request you to please give me anther device of my choice, or refund my money as early as possible & oblige

Davinder Singh Gulati
    Tel [protected]

NOKIA--E 71 — DEFECTIVE NEW PREMIUM HANDSET

I HAD BOUGHT A NEW HANDSET MODEL E-71 FOR 19900. WITHIN FOUR MONTHS IT CRASHED. i GAVE IT FOR REPAIRS AT NOKIA CARE CENTRE. WITHIN TWO WEEKS OF IT BEING REPAIRED IT CRASHED AGAIN. ALSO THE KEY PAD WAS VERY LOOSE AND METAL CLIP WAS SHAKING.
    I THEN TOOK IT BACK AND ASKED THEM TO REPLACE THE UNIT WITH A NEW ONE. THEY HAVE BEEN SILENT SINCE THEN AND HAVE REFUSED TO GIVE ANYTHING IN WRITING I HAVE SENT TWO LETTERS TO THEIR MD BUT THERE IS NO RESPONSE

nokia E - 71 — defective divice

From
    Mr.Davinder singh gulati
    date : 19/06/2009
    Nokia

Sub: Defective E71 device

I went several times to Rajlaxmi Telecom, Matunga, Mumbai 400019 & Brightpoint, lower parel, Mumbai 400 013 [ see job no MUM 0694686 dtd 7/4/09, job no Mum0698796 ] at least I receiced replacement E-71 divice [ ESN [protected]]on 15 April 09 but the problem remain the same in replace divce also. Due to this, I have lost my time, money for traveling to & fro & business and have since remained mentally disturbed also. So I hereby request you to please give me refund of my money as early as possible & oblige

Davinder Singh Gulati
    Tel [protected]
    Quality of Nokia mobile sets are very bad Ihave also faced the same problem so never by a Nokia hand set and inform your freinds also

Nokia/ E 71 — Defective handset

I bought E 71 on 27th August 2009 from PhoneShop Lifestyle(I) Pvt ltd (Invoice no A/1510/09-10) Lokhandwala Andheri (W) Mumbai
    Within few days the phone started malfunctioning ,It use to reboot and freeze even while not using multiple functions.
    I visited the Nokia Care centre in Vashi,Navi Mumbai (Vashi Telecom) around 1st or 2nd week of September,where they recommended me to upgrade the software version which was duly done.
    After that a new problem cropped up the outgoing call volume was too low and the opposite person could not hear anything,
    Once again I visited the same Nokia Care centre on 26th September where they informed me it has hardware problem and need to be sent to Delhi for repairs.
    I collected my phone on 8th of October.
    There is a new problem now,Whenever I connect it to my PC through USB there is an error the USB device has malfunctioned. I have checked this on other PC also.Even some of the keys are not smooth.
    I has spoken on Nokia care helpline yesterday ie 9th October twice.The first person advised me to reset the phone which i did but did not help and second person asked me to try other PC which also i tried but did not help.
    I spoke to your representative again today,to whom I clearly told either i want my money back or my handset to be replaced.She advised me to go Nokia care again and submit my handset,provide the job Sheet no so they COULD LOOK INTO REPLACING THE HANDSET. (After enduring so much the company has to still look into)
    It takes me 45 minutes to travel to Nokia care centre and have to spend atleast 30 to 60 mins of time there.
    The last i have submitted the handset on 10 th October 2009
    I have spoken to Nokia care Western Manager Mr Himanshu Kalra 1 week back who told me he would get back to me in couple of days but even 1 week there is no call back.
    The Nokia care line people say they dont have any decision making powers,The Nokia care centre does not have any decision making power,
    For the last 2 months i have used my handset only for 15 days rest of the time it lies with Nokia and they still have to think so much to replace a below par product.
    When i spoke to Nokia care and spoke to some one called Krisha and i said they i would go to the press about the kind of service that i am getting they day it is at my discretion.
    And can u believe it It is the most trusted brand in India....
    The survey should be done outside a Nokia Care centre and see dissatisfied people

nokia/E 71 — Defective Handsets

PLEASE DO NOT BUY NOKIA PHONES.

I purchased a handset of Nokia (E-71) from Mobile Store Dwarka sec-5 in September 2009. Since then I have been facing Issues with the mobile and within very initial phase of purchase, I had to see Nokia Care center's face, twice.

First, when the Memory card got corrupt and all my data got lost including Phonebook and all important accounts.

Second, when the phone started showing "Insert Sim Card" error after every 10 mins. I had to reboot the phone by getting battery out each time and packaging it again after every 10 mins, making me do it a 100s of times in a day.

I had payed 18K, for this phone and what I got in return was Nokia Care center misery after standing there in queue for more than 3 hrs every time.

When I complained for this and submitted my mobile in Nokia Care center Dwarka Sec-4,
    Jobsheet number:[protected]/100202/43,
    I was assured that the handset is going to get replaced by Mr. Arun. After some time, I got a call that my handset is repaired.

I complained against this in NOKIA with the
    Complain ID: 1-[protected],
    where I got response that since it is repairable, it will not be replaced.

Since in the very initial months, I have faced so many problems with the handset which a person buys for Rs18000/- from Market,

1) Nokia turns its face off from the customers after selling the product.

2) The phone they sell, is faulty and it goes on repairing it and does not provide a solution to customers problems, but even make them worse.

3) Nokia Customer Care executives say that you cannot talk to anyone else than us, so say whatever you want to say here. Now that we have got a response, we cannot do anything and neither can you.

4) They are not even ready to escalate the case to the higher level and said collect your mobile or forget it, as nothing can be done.

5) Why should we not buy phones costing 2000 and have these problems rather than buying phones of 18000 or higher. As anyways, Nokia is not going to do anything after selling the phone to you.

My sincere advise to all Indians, PLEASE DO NOT BUY NOKIA PHONES. Company turns its face off from the customers, after selling its products.

I want my phone to get replaced, else I will lodge an FIR against the company.

Vaibhav Kaushik
    #[protected]

S
      Mumbai, Maharashtra
      To,
      Manager,
      Nokia care,
      Mumbai.

Well. Few days before i had a strange problem with my e71. IMEI:[protected]. It used to start only when connected to power supply. But lately it even stopped starting by that. So i went to nokia care centre at borivali west behind Gokul shopping centre. they told me i have to come other day to collect my piece. When i went there, they told its problem with motherboard and they dont have the right to crack it. so i gave it to another repair shop. THe problem was solved but what i see is, they totally replaced my display with a duplicate one and i can hardly see anything on the screen. I had lots of trust on Nokia but this time surely im disappointed. Please take some action against nokia care centre borivali branch. Utter thieves nothing more. Most of the time employees keep chatting to each other ignoring the customers.

K
        Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh
        i bought my mobile nokia e-71 from my regular shop "milky way", chennai, tamilnadu, india, which has...

J
        Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
        Dear Sir/madam

I have bought a nokia e-71 from Australia one week ago. Now I am in india and having a hanging problem. So i went to nokia customer care but they told me it has softwer problem but they were not rectified and also demanding for money and they also said they would not responsible for if the problem not resolve. I have mobile bill but they are not ready to accept this. They didn't give me the respose properly. Please advise me what should i do? I am very fed up . Is it my mistake that i was keen to nokia phones. I bought n 70 it was a very good phone. After that i bought 9300i it is also a very nice phone. Now I am very fed up.
        Please resolve my problem and also requested to improve your customer care service in India.

Looking your prompt and positive response.

Best Regards
        Jogender sharma

NOKIA E-71 — Disappointing to note that Nokia is offering very poor service.

To
        The Senior Manager (Customer Care)

Disappointing to note that Nokia is offering very poor service.

Job Sheet no;[protected]/090904/41 Dated 04/sep/09
        Mobile: Nokia E-71
        Replacement mobile IMEI NO: [protected]

Self had purchased Nokia E 71 paying Rs. 20,000.00. After the 3 months from the date of purchase I had start facing problem with GPS connectivity.

After talking to Nokia customer care executive, self visited Nokia service center to get it rectify. But technician in the service center told that the problem will not able to rectify locally it has to sent to Delhi HQ for the rectification which will take 15-20 days.

After 20 days I had been to service center, they told that problem in the mobile is not able to rectify so they got replacement from HQ.The replacement which I have received from the service center is of very poor quality with built in problems like camera was not working, Wlan was not able to connect. Poor quality key pads etc. when I highlighted the same to your local service center they said they will send same back to HQ and ask for better replacement/New handset. Delivery for new replacement committed 15-20 days

I had complained same to Nokia customer care (compliant ID: 1-[protected]). They have said that, they will escalate the same to higher officials and ensure that the new handset (box piece) will be given as replacement.

After 20days, ie.Today I had been to collect the replacement. I surprised to note after all the above follow up they have sent the same handset which is of poor quality as replacement.

Total days spent is 45 days without using handset. After spending so much money it is no use if above things happens.

I personally trust Nokia for the quality, reliability and service offered. But above experience is very very disappointing.

I hope you understand the problem undergone by self & trust you will take immediate action on the above matter by replacing new (box piece) handset with 5 days of time.

Thanking you.

Phone: [protected]
        Email: [protected]@yahoo.co.in

NOKIA E-71 — hanging and sudden switching of the phone

DEAR SIR,
        I PURCHASED A NEW E-71 BLACK COLOUR IN OCTOBER 2009. INITIALLY THE PHONE WORKED GOOD BUT AFTER 3-4 DAYS OF PURCHASE IT STARTED HANGING VERY MUCH. THE PHONES SWITCHES OFF ITSELF. AND IT HANGS WHEN THERE IS AN INCOMING CALL AND I AM NOT ABLE TO PICK THE CALL DUE TO THIS PROBLEM. AND HAS MANY OTHER PROBLEMS LIKE THE COLOUR OFF THE KEYPAD IS GETTING OFF. AND MANY MORE PROBLEMS ARE THERE. SO I KINDLY REQUEST YOU TO PLEASE LOOK INTO THE MATTER AND GET MY PHONE CHANGED AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

THANKING YOU
        YOURS SINCERELY

YASIR
        MOBILE. [protected]

E71 — keys are not working and dual sim is also not working

hi my phone keys are not working and dual sim is not working i took the phone in the november ..do something my want my cell back

Nokia E 71 — Handset Problem

i purchased my handset frm priority dealer as it is an authorised dealer but within 1 month of purchase i startd getin problms in my handset...
        it hangs a lot,blutoth doesn't works...
        i want my set 2 b replacd so pls do solve my problm...!!

NOKIA E-71 — GET HANG

I M USING NOKIA E-71 MOBILE GETS HANG AND WORKS VERY SLOWLY I HAVE SHOWN IN THE COMPANY THEY HAVE UPDATED SOFTWARE BUT NO GOOD RESPONSE FROM THE PHONE M STILL HAVING PROBLEM SO PLZ DO NEEDFULL ON THIS MATTER .THIS MY CONTACT NUMBER [protected] . MY NAME IS ABHINAV GUPTA . SO I NEED A EARLY RESPONSE .

G
          Kotdwara, Uttarakhand
          MOBILE PHONE OF NOKIA e-71 was purchased from ESSAR TELECOM LTD S-382 AMEDKAR ROAD OPPOSITE UTI BANK GHAZIABAD ON 8.8.2008 COMPLAINT IS OF SERIOUS NATURE MOBILE NOKIA e-71 is not charged when kept on charging. THE DETAILS OF ABOVE MOBILE NOKIA e-71 are given below:
          product description:[protected] NOKIA e-71
          IMEI NO: [protected]
          INVOICE NO: UP[protected]
          DATE OF PURCHASE: 8.8.2008
          IN VIEW OF ALL ABOVE PL. GET THE ABOVE SERIOUS PROBLEM RECTIFIED AT YOUR EARLIEST CONVENIENCE. YOUR EARLY ACTION WILL BE ADMIRED. WITH REGARDS
          product description:[protected] NOKIA e-71