Kotak General Insurance
1.7

Kotak General Insurance Complaints & Reviews

I got ill I was diagnosed covid-19 positive and was admitted in DH multispeciality Hospital got treated there and then I submitted the claim. after 3 months company said that your claim was not admissible claim is rejected due to your Google timeline history it shows that you went outside the hospital and in the treatment documents there no mention of oxygen so they rejected my claim you are requested to help me...

I was making a payment for the renewal of my car policy. But due to the error in payment gateway the payment was deducted twice from my credit card

I called kotak guys to ask them for the refund. But they started telling me that it will take 10-15 days for refund and also asked me to provide cancelled cheque. When i insisted why is that required as i made the payment through credit card they finally agreed to make the payment back to credit card. But it will take 10 days for processing.

It's a simple refund. I dont know why they need 10-15 days for the refund. When i enquired further they were very rude like this is the process etc.

Also my credit card has already converted both the transactions into emi and now i have to pay the processing fees for both the transactions as it is already 10 days and payment has not been returned till now.

To,
    The manager
    Kotak general insurance.

From,
    Usha kataruka
    Address new town
    Kolkata

Ref: claim no. [protected] under policy no. [protected].
    Sub: accident claim of your vehicle no. Wb26x0669

My vehicle has met with an accident on 5-mar-2018 and i given in mohan motor workshop near science city kolkata.
    On 6- mar-2018 the claim has been intimated and loss has been assessed by mrs souvik biswas.

At first he said that i will only get the partial claim (Door or bumper any one thing),
    On hearing this i denied for that and asked him for full claim.
    Later i got a call for mohan motor workshop (Person name somnath chakraborty mb no. [protected]),
    He said that my total claim was passed and approved by mrs sovik biswas.

After hearing that i agreed and given them approval to start my repairing work.

After the car got repaired on 9th i got a call again from mohan motor workshop mrs somnath chakraborty and this time
    Mrs souvik biswas was on conference call.

Mrs somnath chakraborty to me - sir your car is ready but my biswas is now saying that only partial claim is possible,
    Me to mrs somnath chakraborty - but before you said my full claim is passed.
    Mrs somnath chakraborty to me - i got the approval of full claim pass from my biswas before and mrs biswas is also on conference ask him.
    Mrs biswas to me - sir you will only get near about 6800/- (Total amount 13747) sorry. That was my mistake.
    Me to mrs somnath charaborty - what is all this.
    Mrs somnath chakraborty to mrs souvik biswas - when you have passed before how can you deny now.

Mrs souvik biswas to mrs somnath chakraborty - it was my mistake and i will talk to customer directly and handle the case.

Then we disconnected the call.
    Next day mrs souvik biswas call me and taken my mail id.

Mrs sovik biswas mailed me...

From:
    Date: sat 10 mar, 2018, 10:32 am
    Subject: claim no. [protected] under policy no. [protected]/accident claim of your vehicle no. Wb26x0669
    To:
    Cc:

Without prejudice
    10-mar-2018
    Mr. Usha kataruka
    Address - newtown, kolkata

Ref: claim no. [protected] under policy no. [protected].
    Sub: accident claim of your vehicle no. Wb26x0669

At the outset, we are sorry to note that your vehicle has met with an accident on 5-mar-2018 and the claim has been intimated with us on 6- mar-2018 and loss has been assessed by us. Also below mention documents are required to process further the claim.

1. Original repairer invoice
    2. Money receipt
    3. Cancel cheque o[censored]sha kataruka

Kindly submit above mentioned documents to below address within 3 days of receipt of this letter.
    If any query then feel free and write to us on this mail-souvik. [protected]@kotak.com or call me back in my no. [protected]
    If you need any further clarification, please feel free to get in touch with us.
    Assuring you of our best services at all the times.
    Best regards,

Thanks & regards,
    Souvik biswas (Motor claims)
    Kotak mahindra general insurance co. Ltd.
    15, park street, block — c, 5th floor, apeejay house, kolkata-700016.
    Mob. : +91 [protected] / [protected]
    E-mail: souvik. [protected]@kotak.com
    Website: www.kotakgeneralinsurance.com toll-free:[protected]

Sir i would like to request you to look in this matter as early as possible and take strict action against this.

Ashok kataruka