Kotak Life Insurance
7th Floor, Zone 4, Kotak Infinity Building No. 21, Infinity Park, Off Western Express Highway, General A.K Vaidya Marg, Malad (E)
Mumbai City District

Awesome

Kotak Life Insurance Complaints & Reviews

I have been following to get my policy active from 30 months now. I have submitted the major revival forms 5 times to the kotak branches. After the below email, I have resubmitted the form to Rajaji Nagar Branch, it was sometime in July 2008. I have only received the confirmations and promises to wait and I will be receiving the letter with amount to be paid to get this policy active. No reverts received for the forms submitted in the month of July 2008.

Next form was submitted, 4 months back in Indiranagar Branch. The form was duly checked by the person attended and faxed across to the head office. After a month I heard from the Mumbai Head office that the person from Indiranagar faxed only the first page of the Form. I again personally visited the Indiranagar Branch and only then person spent some time to search the form and re-faxed. Again after 20 days I came to know that the question no- 7 was not answered. I need to resubmit the form again.

Now when I have resubmitted the form, today I was informed only after I called the Kotak CS that the form is rejected as the policy was in lapsed mode for more than 2 years now.

Boss, please note that the policy was in lapsed mode because KOTAK did not want to get this in force. It is me who is following with the KOTAK's various branches and the Kotal Helpdesk to get this active from the time it is lapsed.

Dear Sir

I have Policy with Kotak Life Insurence, void policy no 700231,
    My premium amount is Rs/- 3000/- per month which has been debited every month 10th day, through the ECS mandate given by me.

In the month of June 2009, dated 01 june 2009 there is Debit in my account for Rs 1000, and on 30 june 2009 debit of rs 1000 whlch is not pertaining to my account, I had sent call to call center of Kotak Life Insurence regarding the same, the reply given by call center is "you have to lodge your complaint at [protected]@kotak.com" then i had lodge a complaint for the same with my bank statement,
    i had got reply on that mail stated "pls find the statement in PDF formate"
    then I had given PDF formate Bank statement on the mail, after this mail i have not received any reply from them, then i had call to Avni Despade in Andheri baranch and forwarded the mail with bank statement, she had forwarded the same to concern deptment, thenafter I had given return complaint in Chembure branch on dated 10th july 2009.

Till this time there is no reply or reversal from kotak Life Insrence regarding my wrong ECS debit in my account

Kindly lookinto the matter to get may amount which is wrogly debited in my account

Yours faithfuly,

Ganesh Patankar

Kotak Life Insurance — Name in CIBIL

i have done settlement in credit card, but my name is shown in CIBIL, now i have applied for home loan please guide me to get home loan, .

Ramesh Mohan

I am customer of KOTAK LIFE INSURANCE my (policy no. 01506471 Kotak Smart Advantage Plan).

Every month I have to pay ECS for 3000Rs/- Per month So I have given ECS as an option for payment os my premium. But this company is totally making clearence of ECS on there willing dates rather that said promissed date ie; 23rd of every month. But without my intimation they are clearing of several dates. By which Iam been charged with cheque bounces charges.

So kindly do the needful and take necessary action against client intrest.

K.MURALIMOHAN
      my only request is that my complaint should be properly attended to and a revised/fresh policy should be sent to me. As so far nobody has taken the complaint seriously.
      i do not understand the delay in payment from such big company
      in case i donot receive the money within 7 days i will take action for reliefe from
      hoble consumer courts

Rajendra K.Gupta H/O Smt.Shila Gupta left on 30.11.2008
      This company should be shacked by IRDA.

I have been getting calls for almost a month from two Gurgaon numbers [protected] and [protected]. Two executives named Yogesh and Rahul continue to call me through the day for Kotak Life Insurance. My repeated attempts at telling them that I am not interested in getting an insurance policy have all gone in vain. I feel very harrassed through the day due to this non sense. Please confirm whether these are your call center numbers or not. Incase they are not, someone is using Kotak's name for creating this non sense.

Nishtha Bhatnagar
        Senior Producer,
        News X
        i had taken kotak life insurance policy no.1545434 but i am really sorry to state that when i received the said policy I found that in the application form which I had filled was not there instead it was refilled by someone else and my signatures were copied on that and instead someone else photograph was affixed on that instead of my mine. i had taken up the matter with the concerned your local agency who had asked me to take up the policy but i am sorry to state I did not find and favourable response from their side. i made several calls to there concerned officials but every time they told me that they are taking up the matter but noting concerete has been done by them. I am really disappointed at their attitude. and later on i took up the matter with your customer care service for the last one and half month but their response was also not saatisfactory. whenever i talk to them i was told that the case is being reviwed i fail to understand that the response from your local agent and customer care service is really and upto the mark. please let me know how long i will have to wait to receive the revised policy. if you cannot issue me the revise policy please return me the money depoisted with you. it is really a matter of shame that a company of your repute is harrsing the customer in such manner. it is a matter of cheating and fraud, in case you donot take quick action in this regard i would be forced to take the matter the higher auathority and also consumer court. hope that stage would not come.
        Kotak life Insurance Complaints - Harrassment by customer care Execs

News X
        Read comments Add a comment
        More Kotak life Insurance complaints

Kotak life Insurance - Service
        Kotak life Insurance - surrender the policy but not receive a cheque
        Kotak life Insurance - Call not giong
        Kotak life Insurance - Not received Policy Documents
        Kotak life Insurance - regarding wrong information given to m both in pre sales and post sales
        Kotak life Insurance - I have received policy with incorrect surname or last name, address, and policy term. Then I have not received back any documents from the company.
        Kotak life Insurance - ECS
        Kotak life Insurance - not delivered yet
        Kotak life Insurance - no refund cheque
        Kotak life Insurance - Not increased of Sum Assured 2

Comments

8 minutes ago by Narinder Kumar Malik [send email]

Your Full Name
        Your E-Mail Address
        Your E-mail is invisible to others
        Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree

Louis Quartz wrist watch
        duplicate watches

Worst rating
        MOBILE [protected]@LIVE.COM (117)
        2009 SHELL INT"L MOBILE DRAW (49)
        Airtel (39)
        MOBILE [protected]@LIVE.COM (28)
        2009 SHELL INT"L MOBILE DRAW (25)
        2009 BT mobile draw (22)
        greater noida authority GNIDA BHS-11 BHS11 BHS 11 (16)
        2009 SHELL INT"L MOBILE DRAW (16)
        Deccan Engg (16)
        State Bank of India (16)

Complaints with most comments
        MOBILE [protected]@LIVE.COM (306)
        HOW TO CLAIM MY PRIZE MONEY
        2009 SHELL INT"L MOBILE DRAW (114)
        TO CLAIM THE PRIZE MONEY
        Airtel (110)
        UNSUBSCRIBE THE wap.mobifun.in
        MOBILE [protected]@LIVE.COM (59)
        I GOT 500, 000.00$ MONEY IN MOBILEDRAW @LIVE.COM AND SAID TO CLAIM MONEY
        2009 SHELL INT"L MOBILE DRAW (59)
        CLAIM FOR MONEY PRIZE
        2009 SHELL INT"L MOBILE DRAW (49)
        TO CLAIM THE PRIZE MONEY
        greater noida authority GNIDA BHS-11 BHS11 BHS 11 (44)
        no information on BHS-11 Scheme
        Orange Mobile Draw (42)
        winner of draw
        2008 shell INT'L mobile draw (40)
        to claim prize
        PAN CARD APPLICATION STATUS (39)
        not recived pan card

Stay away
        Airtel (117)
        Vodafone (74)
        BSNL (57)
        orkut (32)
        Pan card (31)
        Nokia (28)
        India Today Book Club (26)
        Idea (22)
        Reliance (20)
        passport (20)

Consumer Complaints | Submit Complaint | View full list of Companies | Search Terms | Latest Complaints

© 2009 Indian Consumer Complaints Forum
        If you have any constructive thoughts, creative ideas, or reasonable offers, please, contact us immediately via E-mail
        Site owners is not responsible for the information posted on this website
        in my above complaint i have mentioned that my original application was changed and another application form was used with somebody else photograph was affiexed on that and my signatures on that were copied the mobile no. given is different, done by somebody at the time of taking policy by your system. Now let me know what is my fault in this case if some cheating or fraud is done at your end. The said policy alongwith the photocopy of the said application was surrendered by me to the local agent office viz. M/s Blue Star Infotect, Rani Bagh, Pitam Pura Delhi. I requested them to take up the matter with your office for the last three months and made several lodgedcomplaints with your customer care centre but of no use. Everybody gives me false assurance and new ideas but of now avail. I never thought that yours is such a hopeless company which never bother about customers complaint seriously and never tried to investigate the matter that how it all had happened. I am really distressed the way your office has taken up the case. Now I have received a letter dated 10th July, 2009 signed by Senior Manager, Policy Servicing stating "This is with reference to your letter regarding change in photo in policy records. We hereby confirm that your instructions have been noted as a part of policy records." I am really sorry to state that your attitude towards this matter is not at all serious. You are least bothered about the hard earned money invested by your investor. Since it is a petty matter. If something wrong has been done, it does not mean that there is no solution to that. One can ask for filing a fresh application even that has not been done by local agency and your office so far. Now let me know what should I do whether I let my money goes waste since there is not my original signatures and photographs on that application. Tomorrow if you ask my to prove my identity how can I do without having the above on the application form and in your records. Is this the wasy your company works
        This is to inform you that I take a Kotak Life Insurance Plan in Kotak Smart Advantage Policy No.1700314 on 28.08.2009. But at the till date I have not received my Policy Bond. So, you requested to take this matter on urgent basis and what is process going on.

Gokul Chandera Joshi
        Hi Pritam,
        As discussed with you I have been talking to you since last six months about this policy. Chetan Anand cheated me and forced me to have a policy for getting the Over Draft Facility and on his advise I paid him Rs 2 Lakh to get the policy. He Assure me and promised me that this is the only way to get the Overdraft facility. Once I had paid for my policy i kept on calling him and he tried to avoid me. This cause my lapse of freelook period of 15 days. Now he is completely avoiding me as he got the benefits of getting the policy done. He had done fraud with me and cheated me with false information and promises. After talking to Pritam I got some relief that I may get my payment back. Its been now 3 months I am requesting him and visiting him but he is not getting the approval from the Top management.

I'll be highly thankful if you please increase my freelook period or pay my money back as this policy has been done by false promises and fraud commitments.

I'll assure you that If I'll not get any favorable response and action then I am going to bring everybody involved in it in Consumer court and I am going to take very strong legal action against your company

I am hope you'll look into my request and would take a prompt action

RAJEEV KUMAR SINGH
        Cont. No. +[protected]
        +[protected]

Policy No-0196803
        kotak life insurance

Hi this is Deepan from ferozepur .a speed post has been dispached by kotak office mumbai to my address on[protected] These are my policy documents. i want my documents urjently. so please give me detail of my post
          as soon as possible. My Speed post no is ED[protected]IN.
          My contact no is A[protected], [protected]
          I have not recieved the tax reciept and the premium reciept of my payment till now.
          I have deposited cheque amounting to Rs.15000/- bearing no.0531823 of Central Bank Of India, Muzzafarnagar on[protected].
          Since then I have not received the receipt or policy which I did in the name of KOTAK MAHINDRA LIFE INSURANCE.
          Kindly look into the matter at the earliest to enable me to avail the benefit of tax before[protected].
          With Thanks

Address of the complainant : 249 y block kidwai nagar Kanpur

E-mail: anantjit.[protected]@iflexsolutions.com

Mobile [protected]

Complaint individual

Name of the insurance company : kotak mahindra old mutual life insurance limited

Policy number : 01394200

Nature of complaint others

Details of complaint : This is to state that I have been given some wrong and misleading

information both in pre sales and post sales by my policy advisor – mr. piyush agarwal and deputy manager –

mr vikas rai. I was told that I will get all my money (corresponding fund value +first year premium)whenever I

Want my money(of course after three years and duly paying premium during this course). Due to this assurance only I

took this policy .But when I got my policy document and read through it (after enrolling for this policy) I came to

know that I won’t get my first year premium back until maturity. So I confirmed it to mr.piyush agarwal and mr vikas

rai(now post sales) and again they assured me that I will get all my money back and I was not interpreting right

information from policy document. So, I asked client service desk of kotak and they told me that I won’t get my first

year premium until maturity. So I again asked to both of them (my policy advisor and deputy manager ) and this time

they told me that client service people are saying wrong and I will get all my money back .At this point of time I was

totally confused so I again asked client service desk of kotak and they suggested me to lodge a complaint against

them.so I lodged a complaint against them at customer care of kotak . In between all this my free look period was

gone Till the time I was convinced that I that I have been cheated my free look period was gone, this happened

because my policy advisor and my deputy manager were constantly assuring me during post sales that I will get all

my money back

The complaint that I have lodged is in the attachment .i have sent it as a fax to customer care of kotak, for which no

reply has come from their side . please find attachment

After I lodged a complaint against them at kotak’s customer care mr. vikas rai (deputy manager) came to me and told

me that he purposely gave me wrong information (post sales), this is the marketing strategy, if I tell u everything

nobody is going to buy out policy and since your free look period is gone nothing could be done.he told me that I have

no option except to continue with this policy .

Please help

Sincerely looking for your reply

kotak mahindra old mutual life insurance limited — regarding wrong information given to me both in pre sales and post sales

Name of the complainant : anantjit tiwari

Policy number : 01394200

Nature of complaint others

my money back

reply has come from their side . please find attachment

no option except to continue with this policy .

Please help

Sincerely looking for your reply
            Hi, I agree with you totally. I have also been cheated here in chennai in exact manner. In fact my case is little more complicated as they even convinced me to take three more policies, one for me and one each for my two sisters in middle of th dispute in the first policy itself. They had sacked the employee who booked my first policy then assured all help to rectify the mistake and pulled it to six more months.
            My repeated escalations in between to various sources have all gone in vain without a single reply so far. Now I am contemplating to move consumer court for remedy. I guess these guys are all thugs and cheaters inside. pl. spread the word around and alert one and all about the fraud that these scoundrels are carrying out.
            Hi...Exactly the same thing happened with me in pune too. These guys should be dragged to court of law. Infact in my case bank employee made my false signature on illustration copy of policy document. Before couple of days i had written a mail to kli.[protected]@kotak.com, and now i am sending a written registered letter to them and later on will file a case with Consumer forum and a copy of case will be forwared to CNBC awaz and Times of India.
            Old Mutual is a giant conglomerate money making machine. Their concern is not with people they propose to serve but with profits. Their customer service is non existent and their agents use unscrupulous tactics to sell inappropriate policies to the elderly.

i have surrender the policy dt.15.12.2008.but till that i have not receive the cheque.i have many time call this matter to kolkatta and mumbai office but result was same.
              please helf this matter
              policy no. 00885668.
              thanking you.
              your faithfully
              dinesh kr burnwal
              21 Feb-09

Kotak Life Insurance

This is refer to Life Insurance Policy issued on 23.01.09 & my policy no. is 01460590 in the name of Sanjeev Kumar Jain. Due to

some personal reason I do not want to continue this policy & had already applied for cancel my policy at 30.01.09 but I did not

recieved the refund money yet. And there is no response when i ask on the phone for this.

Now after 20 days of my application I don't know anything about my policy wheather it is still alive or cancelled.

Kindly do some action and let me know about this.

For any inquiry or confirmation, Please call the number given below.

Thanks & Regards

Sanjeev Kunar Jain

2974, Gali No.-3, Shalimar Park
              Shahdara, Delhi-110032
              Mob:- [protected]
              Home:[protected]
              i have taken a policy from your company my policy no is 1475916 my policy has NTU but still i have not received my chq wgat is this...

i have surrender the policy dt 15.02.2008.but till that i have no received any cheque.i have many time call this matter but there was no response.i have many time call the asansol office but result was same.i have already email this matter to company kotak life insurance.
                so i request you look after this matter.
                policy no 00885668
                dt. 02.02.2008
                If you are doing some business with Kotak bank, you are screwed.

I have taken a policy from Kotak Life Insurance in August-2008 and i have not received any policy documents from the company whatsoever, they also got my mobile number wrong when i contacted there Customer care Centre i gave my correct mobile no. to them at least 5 times but everytime i ring them the have same wrong no. When i told the company that i have not received the policy documents they told me its been already delivered by First Flight Courier Company to me on 26-Aug-08 they said they have a POD that its been signed by MR.Jadhav & i spoke to my dad, mom and they denied of getting anything deliverd at address and i have not received anything from them i then repeatedly contacted the customer care no. many times but they give me same information that we have delivered and not helping me at all they are simply taking there hands off and everytime says that they have deliverd they give me the tracking no. of courier company and asks me to sort out the problem when its not my job to do it its the Kotak company who is responsible to delivery the documents when i as customer have taken a policy from them they want me to fight with courier company and take there hands off from there responsibility.
                  I need help in this matter company staff rude and non-co-operative.
                  Amit.Jadhav
                  my address has change what i can do kindly give me suggation my policy is kli money back and premium will be du on dec 08
                  Hi, this is Timir from VOI(voiceof india) NEWS CHANNEL, i have taken a policy from KOTAK LIFE INSURANE in NOVEMBER month last year 2008. but till today i.e.02 February 2009 i have no documents agaist the policy.for this purpose i also talk to Mr. Yogesh who i think sales executive of
                  KOTAK LIFE INSURANE at Gurgaon branch, he tell me that within 1week i 'll recived all the documents but that 1 week is now 24 th days. it is I think your duity to provide satisfaction to your customers, please let me know what is the status and when i'll get my all documents. once again i giving my all information
                  Timir Bijoy DAS Mobile no.[protected]
                  ADRESS :TRIVENI MEDIA LTD.
                  VOI(Voice Of India)
                  A 37, Sector 60, Noida 201307
                  UTTAR PRADESH (INDIA)
                  Timir Bijoy DAS Mobile no.[protected]
                  ADRESS :TRIVENI MEDIA LTD.
                  VOI(Voice Of India)
                  A 37, Sector 60, Noida 201307
                  UTTAR PRADESH (INDIA
                  I due my 3rd premium of monthly 1667Rs.by ECS on 15/06/09. I have not received yet receipt of payment & I have not received internet login id of kotak policy to see my payment details & other facility please help me what can i do?
                  I have paid my Life Insurance Premium for both, DEtails for teh same are given below as well as on teh cheque.

But I have got an sms stating that I need to make the payment yet.

Please look into the matter and respond back with updates at teh earliest.

On 29/06/2009; Cheque No. 404569 paid KOTAK LIFE INSURANCE 00466502 for Rs 29980.60 .

Thanks.

Suchita
                  i wanted to know the status of my policy i.e. policy no. 00450000, clint no. 50276475 dated[protected]
                  form id-290206
                  This is Shrikant U. Thombre from Pune.
                  Its since 5 months now I have taken a Policy from Kotak Life Insurance,
                  but still not received any kind of Policy Documents from there side.
                  They told me that I'll get the documents through Courier as well at my Mail Box.
                  Unfortunately neither has arrived yet.
                  My Policy no is 2244558.
                  Can anybody help me out there ??