Mahindra Scorpio LX

Mahindra Scorpio LX Complaints & Reviews

I just paste the mail I dropped to Mahindra customer care,
Dear sir/mam,
Please give a few minutes to read this mail, so that you can understand the level of pain we are facing just because of buying a Mahindra Scorpio vehicle in tirunelveli district.

In 2008 we ordered a scorpio LX model, after test driving a new one from the dealer's yard. We were so enthusiastic to get the vehicle delivered on Eid as we believe in sentiments. When we were in to the showroom to get the car after paying the entire amount in HOT CASH, we noticed that the vehicle which we test drove was different from the one which we are getting. We asked for changing the vehicle else to refund the entire amount. But the showroom manager convinced us saying "I will do whatever service you require if we have any defect in the vehicle. All vehicles are equally good. We can't change the car as we have registered the owner". We excused their mistake and took the delivery with a whole trust on the showroom & Mahindra's brand name.

From the beginning we started hearing brake noise from the wheels. When we brought up this to the service people, they said it will be corrected in the service. We also waited patiently for 3 to 4 service
till now. In one of the service they billed us saying it is rectified but actually it wasn't. Later when we asked for clarification they refunded the amount.

The next time during service they damaged the A/C grill for which we paid to buy a new one.

And when we asked for wheel cap replacement they came up with an answer stating "Mahindra no more produce the golden color wheel cap". When I checked in scorpio's official site, it was there with price
tag. Then we complained to the head quarters and got it fixed.

They also damaged the cooling coil of A/C during a service for which we paid 15,000 to buy a new one.

And coming up to the brake noise, till now the noise is present and I am elaborating the service history for the same,

* The brake noise started in a few months of buying the vehicle.

* In the past 3 services we have requested for checking brake noise of which once they neglected, once they did partially and finally now after complaining to you your Area manager Mr.Satheesh asked the
showroom people to service the vehicle again which has few historical points as below,

1) Last week[protected] we left the vehicle in service center. People called over phone & said, brake noise is not getting reduced so please wait for another day. We waited.

2) After a day, they called and said, drum is damaged, so we will do it for free as a compensation of delay. But the drum has to come from Calcutta they said. We waited.

3) Mr.Satheesh called me and said the drum is available at Coimbatore. It will be couriered and will be fixed in another one day. We Trusted.

4) Next day service person phoned and said, now vehicle is completely serviced and brake noise is no more. They delivered it at my home. It is to be noted that, the full tank diesel was used or stolen by the
showroom people.

5) When I checked after returning home on the same night, the brake noise was not serviced yet. I ringed to Mr.Satheesh on the spot and asked him to hear the noise over the phone. He too heard the noise and
realised the showroom people have cheated me and him too.

6) I surrendered the vehicle in the showroom with all the documents as said by Mr.Satheesh.

7) Now the vehicle is used for servicing other vehicles of Kodai cars. THIS I CAN NEVER EXCUSE.

Now I want to get a proper response from your side for the below,

Why did the people changed the vehicle wantedly when we test drove a different vehicle and confirmed the same ? Is the showroom cheating us by giving a defective vehicle or Mahindra does?

With the past history of the service people damaging the A/C grill & Cooling coil it is understood that the brake noise is also due to some mistake committed by service people. And they handed a defective vehicle to us during delivery.

On seeing the history of service for a single fault you know how much we were cheated and lied by the Mahindra Tirunelveli. Is this the way Mahindra or their showroom treat their customers ?

Even after complaining to you and to area manager they didn't do the service properly. Is Mahindra giving them this choice as it has a good sale ?

My vehicle has crossed 60,000 kms and still my tyres are good enough for another 15,000 kms. By this you know how decently I drive the vehicle. Out of this much care, what Mahindra is going to say for the
defective vehicle given to us?

I too do dealership for Crompton Greaves in two big districts of Tamil Nadu. I have got the Best dealership award 2012 for doing a holy business. I know how to treat our customers. We don't supply a single defective item to our customers as Mahindra did to me.

How much pain I would have faced, driving a new car with brake noise in it ? How bad my business friends would have thought of my vehicle ? I underwent the pain just because the trust I had on Mahindra in rectifying the problem. What answer you are going to give for this?

Because of this all my business travel plans got struck for the past 2 weeks and am with a loss of Rs. 15,00,000 which is way more than the vehicle's cost.

Now I need either the complete refund of the vehicle cost I paid with the loss amount I am facing daily because of the vehicle else give me a new car with Mahindra's assurance of proper service?

I am expecting a proper action taken atleast this time. Pull in any high official of Mahindra, who can help in this if you can't. Else I am sorry to say that I will be approaching the legal advisors to proceed
further.

Assan (on-behalf of my Uncle Jalal)

The customer care head at Calcutta, just opened the mail and forwarded to chennai Manager without even reading the content. The chennai manager, called us all the time and said we will do you good favor. But finally the manager said we can neither give compensation for loss faced by you(initially they promised at least the diesel charge per day will be paid) due to the vehicle nor the assurance that the vehicle wouldn't be damaged during the time when vehicle was in the service center (initially the manager said, 3 to 4 years warranty for vehicle can be given).

We faced a business loss of Rs. 15,00,000, we couldn't achieve our target of our dealership, we were cheated to the core by the MAHINDRA employees.

I was proud that an Indian company Mahindra had a greater vehicle sale for the past financial year. But now I really feel ill to the core for Mahindra finally proving that, they never care for the customers.

Mahindra Scorpio LX — Re painted Vehicle delivered by Dealer

I have purchased Mahindra scorpio on 24 march 2008 from bhasin motors( delhi). i took the delivery at around 8 p.m and later i observed the color and shine diffrence in rear driver seat door. and after getting checked it was confimred that the small prortion is repainted and we can make out a small rework path.

I don't know how to put this matter with Mahindra and Mahindra

Sumit Aneja

Gurgaon Scorpio Sole dealer where I booked Scorpio on 27th March09 but still no clue when I will get my vehicle.

Dealer: Sterling Motor Co., not even bother to call & update on the status.

Almost one month over, other than cancelling the booking & chasing for refund of booking amout, I had no options.

How to punish such irresponsive delears. Is M&M doing anything about it

Rgds,
Vineet Jain

I bought my scorpio lx from chandgotia motors ambala on 20 oct 2009 paint at bonut and right side fenner got fainted amazingly showing bubbles as if these have been painted with substandard norms I am disappointed with great name of mahindras veh has not run even 20000 kms and clutch has started making noise after 50kms run.
    Dear Mr Rajesh kumar pal,

Hi, i am sukhvinder singh pabla from Mahindra and Mahindra ltd based at panchkula.
    i apologize for the discomfort caused to you for the vehicle complaints.
    This is one off case for scorpio brand vehicles, and we will surely address the issue.
    kindly provide your mobile number or e mail address on which we can contact you.
    you can call me on [protected] and my mail address is pabla.[protected]@mahindra.com.
    waiting for your reply.

I have baught a Scorpio in 2003 and sold it in 2005, again baught in 2005 and sold out in 2008 again baught in 2008, Dec.but this time i have a bitter experience .The PIcup is very bad and clutch is very hard,
      and gears are not happening .Moreover the Tyres are also not working properly.
      All the 5 tyres have been deformed in shape, due to which vehicle is suddenly turned either right or left,
      I have visited Narayan Automobiles, they have been told that the problem is of Tyres that can be replaced from Company.Kindly take a neccessary action otherwise take the vehicle back.

Kulvindar Singh Pal
      Mobile no: [protected]

Dear Customer Care,

I would like to bring to your kind notice that how trust of customer are shattered, broken and killed by your esteem organization, I had purchase a Mahindra Scorpio Lx on 29 02-08, giving the entire payment. Despite paying the dealer 8Lakhs of my hard earn money I get a Junk Box of wraught Iron which have carrying like dead grave on my shoulders, I had filled numerous suggestion forms available at the dealer site but I think the time has come to expose an organization full thugs like your’s to the world .If you still want to listen why such hatred I posses for your organization here it is:-

My name is Ronik Bahl, I had purchase a Black Scorpio LX on 29-02-08 from Koncept automobiles pvt ltd Noida.. by paying them complete money,
        After using it for less 20 days I had to take the junk box to Koncept of bad average low pickup and heating problem. Which was addressed giving me assurance that it would be fix blah blah . some how the dead animal was pumped some oxygen in it and it finally started to breath, some where in my heart I had feeling that the car that was sold me was not genuine brand new vehicle . I always used to wonder Koncept had some fishy thing .
        The car till date never gave me an average above 9kmpl using whatever is recommended in owners manual.
        My life ‘s nightmare care true when I went on Saturday 25-04-09 fix the sterio speaker on the rarer side of the car. When the cover was open to fix the speaker, the entire panel was chiped and bend as they do it for installing 12inch speaker ‘s I was not it interested till date to add the back speaker simply coz it would require such an act of cutting and chipping the for making the holes for speaker to fit in. but they were already chipped .This when I confronted with Koncept they denied it . I feel like cheated., betrade, utterly disgusted whenever i see Mahindra Scorpio of mine.

I wish there was court ruling which could give death sentence for cheating I would definitely applied for it and slaughter Koncept people for cheating.

If you feel you can do something to address a genuine issue like mine Contact me at [protected]@gmail.com.

I would appreciate the person call to speak with has some authority to take action and compensate the damages.

Ronik Bahl
        PURCHASED SCORPIO ON 29/06/2010 AT 9 PM FROM KONCEPT SAFDARGANG ENCLAVE
        30/06/2010 AC NOT WORKING, NO ALLINGMENT, WHISTELING SOUND IN ENGINE .
        INSPITE OF SEVERAL CALLS TO SHOWROOM AND HELPLINE PERSON ATTENDED THE CAR ON 01/07/2010 AT 1PM AND TOLD THERE IS NO AC GAS AND HE HAS TO TAKE THE CAR TO WORKSHOP.. THIS IS RIDUCOLOUS THAT U BUY A CAR AND 2ND DAY IT HAS TO GO TO WORKSHOP.
        WHAT FOR PDI IS DONE .
        WHAT IS THE QUALITY OF MAHINDERA N MAHINDERA.
        WHAT SERVICE IS KONCEPT AUTO IS GIVING.
        NO BODY WILL GIVE YOU THE CONTACTS IF DIRECTORS OF KONCEPT [I ASKED MISS GAURIKA N NIDHI TO GIVE MR THE PHONE NOS OR EMAIL OF MR KHER BUT THEY TOLD WHAT I WANT TO TALK TO THEM,
        [ THERE MAY BE SOMETHING CONFIDENTIAL OR IF PVT WHAT RIGHT THESE GIRLS HAVE TO ASK AND WHY ARE PEOPLE IN KONCEPT AFRAID TO GIVE THEIR DIRECTORS CONTACTS ---- I WONDER .
        ANY WAYS IT IS A BITTER WXPERIENCE .
        DR. UMESH NIGAM
        careless koncept staff

The attached mail was sent to Mr. Pinto, Director of Mahindra, Porvorim, Goa. Received a call and one line mail asking if...