Maruti 800 Complaints & Reviews

Aniket Namdeo Vidhate
I own a Maruti purchased in 2006. The Car is Purchased from M/s Chougale Industries Limited, Pune.It has run hardly 13000 kms during past four years. Total running is in cities and on good roads. To my surprise, I found that some rattling noise is heard from silencer since past one month. When the vehicle was given for servicing, I was told that the noise is because the baffle Plates in the Rear Muffler are loosened as the welding has gone off.
I am sure that this is only because of poor quality of the part and is a MANUFACTURING DEFECT.
Ofcourse the quality of servicing is NOT up to the mark
I request this to be replaced as WARRANTY.
Complaint comments  Add a commentComplaint category Cars, Parts & Vehicles

James Macwan
    M/s Kiran Motors Ltd.,
    Old Chhani Jakat Naka,
    Vadodara - 390002.

I had given my Maruti 800 for Service & Repair on 16.11.2009 vide JOB CARD NO. JCO9042146 CAR REGI. NO. GJ3K5180

Mr. Ashis Patel, an employee of your Service Station registered my complains of my above car, which were as under:

1. Service to be done
    2. Engine Oil to be changed
    3. Brake OVERHAUL (REAR)
    4. BREAK BLEEDING

I had also told Mr. Ashish Patel that there is some inside noise of doors and rear seat which is to be repaired and the Hand Break Handle to be replaced.

When I came for the delivery of the vehicle, I asked Shri Patel as to why the Break Handle and the rubber of the dicky (near the lock) is not replaced? He told the parts are not available.

When I checked the engine oil with the rod, I found that the Color of the changed oil was dark.

Mr. Patel told that since the car is old the color of the changed oil will look dark.

Secondly, He told the that the Breakes Overhaul is done and Bleeding of Brake Oil is repaired but to my surprise it has worsoned and deterioted as the Brake Oil does not last for more than 2 days and the RED LIGHT is sown on the Metre.

The Engine Oil

When your Customer Care Office phoned and enquired about the quality of your Service done by Kiran Motors, I had complained about the above facts but there after no phone call came.

Subsequently, I phoned up to Mr. Ashish Patel but from him also no proper answer was received.

I am very much dissatisfied with the kind of Service and the Repair done by your Service Station.

This will encourage me to Complain to the Maruti Udyog Ltd.

James Macwan
    complaint of my car maruti 800 regd. no. HR 10 L 5599 Model Feb. 09.
    A DEFECTED Piece
    Complaint comments  Add a commentComplaint category Car Service Centers

Anurag Kapoor
      To,

The Chief Manager (Services)
      Maruti Udyog Ltd
      Gurgaon ( Haryana)

Sub:- Misbehavior and Misconduct by staff of Madhusoodhan Motors MUL Dealer at Agra

Dear Sir

This is very surprising that on one hand a company of high repute talks about C-SAT score and keep a very close monitoring of customer satisfaction and it is also been said that MUL trains thier staff and staff of dealers to make sure the customers get best services.On other hand local delaers and their staff have thier own rules and regulations laid down and do not run the company as per the MUL had laid down.

Today it has been a surprising to me as I had visited M/s Madhusoodhan Motors local Agra dealer for Maruti products for some complaint in my Maruti 800.

There was a leakage in oil chamber for which I took the car in the same service center.
      The job card was opened keeping my car on road without understanding any issue from me and in job card it was mentioned timing belt change and adjustment.

The car was taken inside the workshop and with in 15 min the service machanic came to me stating that there are some more issues if I would like get the same done.He took me to my car and stated that there is a problem in clutch plates and pressure plate to which needs to be changed.

The conversation was on meanwhile a supervisor came ( Mr. Rakesh Kumar) and started misbehaving that customers are not allowed in side workshop while I stated that we are in discussion with mechanic for some more work which he is explaining needs to be done. On this he stated that "MERI WORKSHOP MAIN CUSTOMER ALLOWED NAHI HAI TO NAHI HAI" When I stated that give me some time to complete the conversation he manhandled me and taking grip of my cuff pushed me to get out using some abusive language and stating "JAANE KITNE TUM JAISE ROOZ YAHAN AATE HAI AUR CHALE JAATE HAI" .............GADI KI SERVICE KARANI HAI TO KARO NAHI TO BAHAR JAAO......
      I decided to meet the owner and I would meet Mr. Rachit S OF M. Ramashankar Goyal MD of Madhusoodhan Motors and on explaining him about the instant he insted of taking for some action stated to his staff that ' JO KOI WORKSHOP MAIN JANE KI ZID KARTA HAI US CUSTOMER KO BAHAR NIKAL DO SUR GADI KI CHABI PAKDA KAR KAHO AAGE SE YAHAN SERVICE KARANE NAHI AAYEN"

Need a appropriate action and advice....

Anurag Kapoor

lt col nawal singh
        DEAR SIR,
        I HAD TAKEN MY CAR MARUTI 800 REGD NO-GJ- 6A-6460 FOR SERVICING TO `RAJASTHAN LINKWAYS SERVICE CENTRE ,MARUTI AUTHORIZED SERVICE CENTRE,NEAR RELIANCE PETROL PUMP,NH-8, ON 19 SEP 09 FOR PERIODICAL SERVICING.FOLLOWING WAS DONE:-
        1. FUEL FILTER CHANGE.
        2. COOLANT CHANGE
        3. WHEEL BALANCING
        4. SERVICE

HOWEVER, AFTER SERVICING THE VEH STOPPED ENROUTE AFTER APPROX 3 KM.THE VEH WAS VIBRATING AND MAKING LOT OF NOISE.MOREOVER,THE AREA OF GEAR BOX BECOMES HOT.THE DEALER WAS CONTACTED BUT REFUSED TO PROVIDE ANY ASSISTANCE.THE VEH WAS TAKEN AGAIN TO THE SERVICE STATION BUT THE DEALER WAS VERY ARROGANT AND REFUSED TO REPAIR THE CAR . WITH LOT OF PERSUASSION THE CAR WAS CHECKED AGAIN AND VIBRATION PROBLEM WAS SOLVED ,HOWEVER,DEALER DID NOT RECTIFY THE HEATING PROBLEM OF GEAR BOX REGION.
        THE ATTITUDE OF THE SERVICE STATION OWNER WAS VERY BRASH AND ARROGANT CAUSING INCONVENIENENCE AND HARASSMENT TO ME.

MAY I REQUEST YOU TO DO THE NEEDFUL AGAINST THE OWNER OF THE SERVICE STATION.
        THANX
        LT COL NAWAL SINGH

Suresh Jacob
          I have sold my Maruti 800 bearing Registration No Kl-5 J 5813 on 10th September 2008 to Popular Vehicles and Services Ltd., Near St.Thomas Orthodox Church, S. H Mount P.O, Kotttayam 686 006, in an exchange offer. I have purchased a brand new Maruti Alto from the same office.

Now I understand that the registration of the old car is still in my name and the Popular Vehicles has not transferred the ownership of the Maruti 800 neither to Co's name or in the name of the person to who possess the same. I never expected such an irresponsible act from the part of a reputed dealer of Maruti vehicles.

I want to get the ownership of the aforesaid vhicle transferred to the new owner's name immediately.

Suresh Jacob
          Purackal
          094474 25173

charan singh
            Sir/Mam

I want to share that how your service centre has turned to be a headache for me. I am particularly talking about the DD Motors located in Mayapuri, NEW DELHI, INDIA.

Things were fine when I bought the Maruti 800(Dx), but gradually I have seen downfall in the quality of work done for my car in this particular service centre. Ideally a PMS (Pre Maintenance Schedule) is to be made before the service but I came to know from a source that there is no such thing done over there. Initially I was satisfied with the quality of the work they use to offer because in the beginning they followed the same policy as the Naraina Maruti service centre does where in they allow a specified amount of cars per day so they can focus on the quality not quantity. But now DD Motors mayapuri take a car for service or repairs even after the half day has passed.

Moreover I would like to give two names of employees who work there viz. R.S Sethi

and P.S Riyat who are very rude and irresponsible and who think that they are the GOD Father’s of that place. I have a background of mechanical engineering so I know about how things work but these guys try to fool a customer by giving ridiculous out of the track justifications. For an instance I had given my car for a routine check up to make sure things are fine before I leave for tour but there was a fault in the differential, the rubber was damaged. Instead of feeling guilty or admitting their mistake that they were not able to figure it out they were not ready to accept that there is fault done by them even though I went back to them the same day on which the service was being done.

I am writing this mail because I think this is the last thing I can do because the same experience happened to me again when my car got breakdown recently when I was in mid of something very important and I ended up losing that opportunity, so again I dodge my car to the service station and I ended up getting the car in the evening and when I enquired that what was the problem they just said that its some kind of electrical wiring fault but now it’s been fixed but the irony was that the same thing happened to me again and instead of going to the service centre I went to a local repair shop and they were able to figure out the problem and they told me that this thing is purposely being done because the two wires going to the spark plug distributor were joined but they were not separately insulated so which he finally said was a deliberate setup to give me trouble and on top of that they were being covered by a tape so that no one can figure it out soon and the reason probably I think is that I told them that you are fooling customers and I will going to take action against you and they think that nothing will going to happen to them because he said me that do this complaint to who so ever you can.

I think you will agree with me on a fact that today's market is a customer derived market where in every company focuses on to maintain long-term relationship with their clientele but I am sorry to say that acts like this gives impact to the overall company’s goodwill and customer’s loyalty. Also I was planning to go for a Maruti Desire but now I am totally confused with a fact that if same type of service is given to me in future I will going to be screwed. Moreover I used motivate a lot of my close ones to go for a authorized service centre instead of a going for a road side mechanic but with this kind of impression I do not think I will be able to do that anymore and will be a future customer for Maruti Suzuki because I do not want them to get cheated they way they done to me.

I will highly appreciate a prompt reply and a desired action to help me out in my contemporary situation.

S Charan Singh
            DL9C-B-4516

smile drive care (p) ltd. — car breakdown

my car brokedown this morning (17/02/2009). after driving a distance of approximately 2-3 kms smoke started to appear from the engine. i stopped the car and called up smile as i am registered with them. i called up the helpline number[protected] at 8.00 am . i was told a mechanic would come to attend the complaint in 30 to 40 minutes. i called up again at 9.00 am to remind them. it is now 11.10 am and still noone has turned up to attend the complaint. this is the first complaint i have had since i have taken up the membership.
            my membership no. is SA 7876
            these guys are crooks and they should be penalised harshly for fleecing money from people for doing no work at all.

shri ram gupta
              Dear All,
              > >
              > > Seeking your attention towards the customer뭩 satisfaction. I am your one of the customers owned a Maruti-800, Baleno and Alto.. They were purchased through one of your Authorised Dealers named Marketing Times Automobiles (Showroom) at 19, DLF Centre, Savitri Cinema Complex, GK-II, New Delhi-48. I have been taking Services from Marketing Times Automobiles (Workshop) at 18, Okhla Industrial Estate, New Delhi-20 since 2005 when I purchased Maruti-800. Since starting all the services were done at the same Workshop but now I have realized that it was my mistake to stick with one Service Station due to the reason as stated below.
              > >
              > > Dissatisfaction of Service Quality and billing:- I would like to divert your attention to make me understand how the vehicle needs to be sent for the same reason again and again to the workshop and every time there was a new fault due to previous problem. For instance there was dust found in Radiator, therefore, they cured through Radiator Flushing and filled up new Coolent into. In the next due Service again
              > > the same problem occurs and they did the same. But after next Radiator Flushing Heating problem started. When I approached them, they changed Engine Gas Kit and Radiator both. At the same time I enquired and asked whether due to change in Engine Gas Kit, there would be any affect in the level of Engine Oil, they simply answered 밡O? I was assured by the official( Mr. V.V. Mittal- GM-Marketing Times) for the same. The problem does not stop here and the next suffering and tiring incident came across, was the same suspicion 뱓he level of Engine Oil? it was down as per standard level. Being a customer, I did not have option but to approach them again and they cured by Top Up Engine Oil and told to see after Kms 1000 but they did not give any satisfactory answer for the reason as said it earlier.
              > >
              > > The car had problem in Front AXEL, in spite of above incidents I went to the same Workshop and the Service Advisor, Mr. Sushil simply told to change AXEL and did not try to find out the reason. He estimated around Rs. 3000/- for the same. Since I though that there is no need to change AXEL, therefore, I approached another Authorised Dearler of Maruti (I would not quote the same as of now) and there I was estimated Rs. 850/- Only without changing AXEL because there was no need. In full Paid Service, for Self Starter Overhaul was done by Marketing Times and they charged Rs. 450/- alongwith Break Oil Change but extra charge Rs. 225- only for changing Break Oil
              > > After these incidents I doubted on the capability and skill of the Engineers working in Marketing Times and extra charges during service which no where justify because they already charge Rs. 700/- every time as PAID SERVICE But I am failed to understand as to why they charged Rs. 220/- for changing break Oil but when I checked with another authorized Dealer of Maruti, there is 밡O?such charge (labour charge for changing Break Oil) levied by other Dealer. Recently they lost one Carpet Mat also during service and but they did not bother to inform for the same, when I asked then Mr. Daljit, DGM-Marketing times replied after 3 hours and said you carry on and once we find, we will give it back to you. Being a customer I did not expect such type of answer from a Maruti Dealer. Due to all above reasons and improper service, if Engine get break down, WHO WILL BEAR THE LOSS??
              > >
              > > Since starting Paid Services, I have been billed not less than between Rs. 3000 to 3500/- without any complain in car. All the services were performed in due time but after only mileage around 63000, the above stated problems occurred like Engine level etc.. I have maintained all the job cards and bills given by Marketing Times with me.
              > > Car History;
              > > Reg. No DL3CAG3575
              > > Owner- M/S DSN Financial Services
              > > Cust ID- 1061504274
              > > Purchase Date- April, 2005
              > > Mileage as on date-63774
              > >
              > > I had always faith esteemed company like Maruti and therefore I never crossed check or enquire about the Quality and Charges in other Authorised Dealers of Maruti. As Maruti always says ?nbsp;LOW COST MAITENAINCE CAR MANUFATURER?but I never enjoyed it. Looking at Maruti, I still feel that you may understand above stated problems and definitely will look into the matter.
              > >
              > > Looking forward to have one time SATISFACTORY ANSWER from the management at earliest.
              > > Regrards,
              > > Shri Ram Gupta
              > > M/S DSN Financial service
              > > 9810824068

Maruti 800 — Dissatisfaction of service quality & billing

Dear All,

Seeking your attention towards the customer No satisfaction. I am your one of the customers owned a Maruti-800, Baleno and Alto. They were purchased through one of your Authorised Dealers named Marketing Times Automobiles (Showroom) at 19, DLF Centre, Savitri Cinema Complex, GK-II, New Delhi-48. I have been taking Services from Marketing Times Automobiles (Workshop) at 18, Okhla Industrial Estate, New Delhi-20 since 2005 when I purchased Maruti-800. Since starting all the services were done at the same Workshop but now I have realized that it was my mistake to stick with one Service Station due to the reason as stated below.

After these incidents I doubted on the capability and skill of the Engineers working in Marketing Times and extra charges during service which no where justify because they already charge Rs. 700/- every time as PAID SERVICE. But I am failed to understand as to why they charged Rs. 220/- for changing break Oil but when I checked with another authorized Dealer of Maruti, there is 밡O?such charge (labour charge for changing Break Oil) levied by other Dealer. Recently they lost one Carpet Mat also during service and but they did not bother to inform for the same, when I asked then Mr. Daljit, DGM-Marketing times replied after 3 hours and said you carry on and once we find, we will give it back to you. Being a customer I did not expect such type of answer from a Maruti Dealer. Due to all above reasons and improper service, if Engine get break down, WHO WILL BEAR THE LOSS??

Since starting Paid Services, I have been billed not less than between Rs. 3000 to 3500/- without any complain in car. All the services were performed in due time but after only mileage around 63000, the above stated problems occurred like Engine level etc. I have maintained all the job cards and bills given by Marketing Times with me.

Car History;
              Reg. No DL3CAG3575
              Owner- M/S DSN Financial Services
              Cust ID- [protected]
              Purchase Date- April, 2005
              Mileage as on date-63774

I had always faith esteemed company like Maruti and therefore I never crossed check or enquire about the Quality and Charges in other Authorised Dealers of Maruti. As Maruti always says ?LOW COST MAITENAINCE CAR MANUFATURER?but I never enjoyed it. Looking at Maruti, I still feel that you may understand above stated problems and definitely will look into the matter.

Regrards,

Shri Ram Gupta
              M/S DSN Financial service
              My maruti 800 model Nov 1999 had a problem of front left side assemble part. it came in knowledge in 2008, then i made contact to authorised workshop at vipul motors, jaipur. then service engineer advised to replace the same part. and it was change on 16.08.2008
              again the problem reported 27.01.2010 to the said vipul motors and agin they advised to make change it again. how it possible to change this costly item after running of only 12000 kms.

shailesh
                I HAVE BOUGHT MARUTI 800 CAR FROM AURANGABAD(MS) INDIA FROM DEALER 'AUTOMOTIVE' LOCATED IN THE CHIKALTHANA AREA. THE WORKSHOP PEOPLE
                TALKED RUDLY & DID MISBHAVIOR.ALSO MY
                CAR SERVICE NOT DONE PROPERLY.
                SO PLS TAKE RIGHT ACTION AGAINST DEALER

I bought maruti 800 from DD Moters dehradun on 6th of march 2008.In the month of june my car was hit from left back side, and I took my car to DD moter dehradun of repair but the job done was unsatisfied .I personaly went to the workshop, but there was no responce .So I regestered my complain at Delhi office that look the dealers of northen region.After a week DD moter sent their people, and said that the car has to be taken to the workshop, and they tookn it to the workshop.After 6 days they returned my car, but the condition was as such, I called them, they came and saw and promised me in written that the job will be done when ever I come back to Rishikesh I called them but there is no response finaly i regestered my complain at tole free number[protected] hope to see you look in the matter

I went to M/S Narayani Motor P. Ltd and asked about availability of maruti 800 Uniq (Pearl silver) sales excecutive Mr. Pramod Kumar Pahad Singh stating that yes we have two numbers of 800 Uniq (Pearl silver) and we must delivered on31.01.09 to you then I have booked from Narayani Motors P.Ltd.Bhubaneswar on 28th of January 2009 against Rs.10000.00 (Rs. Ten Thousand Only) by cash against Mony Receipt No. 2906 Dated 28.01.2009 on 29.01.09 evening he denied to delivered the above car then I went to CEO Mr PAPU and asking about matter why I will not get the above car on 31.01.09. After discussion with CEO Mr. PAPU in front of team leader Mr. Adiranjan that commited by himself please you go and you will get your same car 31.01.09 then on 30.01.09 evening CEO Mr. PAPU also denied his commitment and saying that I am very sorry I could not deliver the above car on 31.01.09 and you get back your booking amount then I went to Police station lodge a station dairy against him. I went to M/s Jyoti Motors Bhubaneswar and purched a Maruti 800 AC car on 31.01.2009.
                The whole thing is that your dealer and a CEO of a company is so irresponsible and idot person that he could not satisfied a customer he is layed down your company goodwill. Stil my booking amount. Your early reply will be encourrage to me. Yours customer Patitapaban Senapati Please contact Mob.No. [protected]
                To
                The Manager (service)
                Maruti Udyog Limited

I am working in a school as a teacher and I am a social worker. I booked a Maruti Susuki 800 L.P.G A/C car on 05/02/2008 November at INDUS MOTORS KOTTARAKKARA and I preferred silky silver colour. But Area Manager of Indus Kottarakkara informed me there is no availability of car which I wanted then he told me that there was a silky silver L.P.G car but it has non A/C. After a few days he informed me that he would be giving with fitted A/C. Thus he delivered the car to me on 05.02.2009.On January 2010 I send my vehicle to last free service then the service centre told me to extend warenty for three years and said the amount is about 2000 and he said the purchasing date of my car December 2008 I verified my R.C book and found the date of manufacturing if my car is 2009.How it happened “Manufacturing year is 2009 and delivery date is December 2008”
                Then I enqured Maruthy at Ernakulam they also told me the delivery date of my car is[protected] and the owner of the car is Suresh .I .P, Padmavilasam Mankuzhy, Pangappara, Trivandrum. Now I had a doubt that they give me a second hand car? And I found another defect that fitted A/C is not attached in my R.C Book So it has no insurance .
                So I humbly request you to ensure my complaint and find out the fact. If they give me a second hand car please take necessary steps to get me a new car and to take action against him .Because it is a cheating and it will affect the truthfulness reputation of Maruthi Company So please give me the details about my doubts .

Model: CR LXSU

Mob no [protected]
                Email address –[protected]@gmail.com

JAIN .A
                  Respected Sir,
                  I bought one Maruti 800 in 2007 june ..its a standard vehicle..Now it has covered up to 4600kms ...I used to start the car once in three days.. last day when i tired its not working, so with we pulled to the car to make it start and took to a near by workshop they tired to charge battery, but its not getting charge or retaining charge..they said the battery is not good in quality and its not a company product. we were forced to pull and make it start to take it back home..
                  MY QUESTION IS -WILL U GIVE COMPENSATION AS MY VEHICLE IS NOT OVER USED.? ITS CLEAR IF YOUU CHECK THE METER READINGS..NOT MORE THAN 5000 ANYHOW..THE FAULT IS ALSO NOT A MATTER OF WEAR AND TEAR WHICH IS EVIDENT...SO WHAT U HAVE TO SAY ON THIS MATTER..OR I WILL BE FORCED TO APPROACH OTHER WAYS
                  SIR IF YOU ARE CONCERNED WITH THE QUALITY OF THE PRODUCT THIS WOULD NOT HAVE HAPPENED ..SIR I HOPE YOU WIL CONSIDER MY COMPLAINT IN NO TIME

YOURS TRUELY
                  JAIN.A

JAIN.ALOYSOIUS
                    Respected Sir
                    I bought Maruti 800 in 2007 june 25 .it has just covered up to 4600 kilometers only.its a private vehicle.We used to startt it once in two days time, last day when i tired to start it, its not working, somehow i managed to take to workshop.We are forced to pull the car to get started and after driving even a good distance if we stop engine we need to pul it again as before to get started.The workshop people said the battery is down, weak, its not getting charge or retining charge and its not a company product ..so i think your company is not concerned with the quality of the product and your eye is just on the cash.. Sir what i need to do ...I am asking you how will customer buy your product if this is the case of the product...
                    I want to Know what u have to say me on this subject...wear and tear comes on if over used but this is due to low quality product assembled within..this is something bad ...
                    I expect a favorable reply from your side .
                    yours truely
                    Jain

Recently Discussed

Maruti 800
                      Deliberate change of seat belts buckles and rods
                      Maruti 800
                      complaint against rohan motors noida
                      Bad Service