Modular Kitchen

Modular Kitchen Complaints & Reviews

Modular kitchen designed by Rasoi, Mangalam Towers, Palakkad (Owner:: A Ramesh - Contact No.[protected])at my house at VI/641, Amrita, Near Bank of India, Pirivusala, Pallakd using marine plywood (not known) during 10/2009 is now fully damaged at Kitchen sink and below eaten by termites and the doors were fallen from the cabinet and totally damaged. I have paid Rs.1,20,000/- towards modular kitchen. He has collected such a huge amount for doing the modular kitchen.

R KUMARAN
MOBILE NO.[protected]
Aug 13, 2020

I, Laju Satyes Kumar (phone # [protected]), live in Dehradun (‘Anandadham’, Danda Khudanewala, Sahastradhara Road, P.O. Gujrara, Dehradun -248001) and in May 2012 I had given the contract of doing my modular kitchen to a person named Mr. Jai Bhagwan (his sole-propietorship business’ name is Shri Shyam Enterprises). The total amount was for Rs.85000 (Rs.5000 was for tiling work and Rs 80000 for the modular kitchen). He took an advance of Rs.42,500 on 6 May 2012, with the understanding that the work would start in three week’s time and would take 5 days to complete.

Now our ordeal began. If I were to write all the details it would become very voluminous, in short, after many reminders the tiling work was done and after that utter silence!! He has this fantastic habit of not taking telephone calls when he knows why the call is coming, after repeated attempts (often from some unknown number) if I would reach him, his answer was always the same “work would start tomorrow’. I live with my parents, who are unwell and is forbidden outside food, so with my kitchen disrupted it was a big problem for us. I had told him all this at the start, at that time he was very sweet and accommodative and said don’t worry we will finish the work in one go etc. Anyway this went on for quite some time then one day I told him if you don’t start work from the next day then I’m telling you I will not let you work and I will start using my kitchen. He said sure madam, we will start tomorrow. But the next day came and went nothing happened. After repeated attempts when I could reach him on the phone I told him the last opportunity I gave you is over, now return my money (after deducting Rs 5000 for the tiling work). He didn’t respond. After a couple of days he sends a person with a few aluminium rods and tells me to keep them, they will start work shortly. I refused to take delivery of the same as it was apparent he was playing for time and would again stretch the issue. Here, I must also mention that any communication with him always left me exhausted and physically ill. My parents were also feeling very strained with this issue becoming a big irritant.I don't think I have been able to explain our tension and anguish properly.

After a few days when I wrote to him again about the refund, his contention now became that the fault is mine as I didn’t ‘allow’ his man to keep those few aluminium rods in my home. When I told him that I did this after due warning and notice to him, he stopped responding to my emails.

In the month of July my husband (he lives in Haridwar) tried to talk to him about a refund, Jai Bhagwan said I have incurred some expenses and bought few things. My husband said fine, you give a bill for your expenses and return the balance. Again he stopped responding. Since he stopped responding to our communications we tried a third person to intervene and make him see reason. After much to and fro, he agreed to refund Rs.27,500 (thereby keeping Rs 10,000) for himself!! Still we agreed as we wanted a closure of this issue. He took my bank account details and promised to complete the refund by 11th September 2012. However, he didn’t do it and after this he gave us many deadlines and conveniently missed them. After that, he just doesn’t reply to any communication sent to him.

I am really at a loss to understand what to do? How can someone get away with such dishonest behaviour? I request you to please help me get back my money from this cheat. He actually owes me Rs.37,500, however I am willing to agree to any amount more than Rs.30,000 (I leave that to your discretion). He feels how long will this individual woman keep pestering me, she will get tired. More than my money, now I feel it is important that the man understands that cheating of this kind doesn't work and that just because you are dealing with a woman you cannot take her for a ride.

I will be much obliged if you can please help me. The details of the businessman is given below.

Thanks & Regards,

Indira Nagar, Dehradun – 248001

[protected]@yahoo.com

Phone # [protected], [protected], [protected], [protected]

Dear All,

I also cheated by Balasubramanian, owner of Wood World Modular Kitchen, Chennai.
      I have given contract to him worth Rs.61000/- to him to create Modular Kitchen and TV cabinet for my new flat. I got his contact through Sulekha.com. Once the rate finalized I released 50% amount to him as advance and he needs to finish my work with in 19 days from the contract date. Unfortunately he never started the work in the first 10 days. When I try reaching him he ignored all my calls, some times he cut the calls.

Then I went to his off ice address as mentioned by him, I was shocking that no such address. He runs his business in the address 1.5 yrs back in the address. After so much pressure I got his Residence address. I reached his house and talked with his house members, After that he made many promises to close the work on time, but never bothered his commitments. Now some of the poor carpenters came to my flat and started work. They worked only 1.5 days and then they absconded with some cutlery materials.

A week gone, after so many follow-ups/pressure another carpenter came and he made the basics. He worked for 3 days. After that he demanded money from me (he insists that he is coming work only for me not for BALASUBRAMANIAN, also the payment expected from me). Then BALASUBRAMANIAN made pressure to release money to the carpenter, otherwise carpenter will not come for money. Then I started releasing payments to the carpenter (later the carpenter told me whenever I get money I need to credit partial money to BALA's Account) . One day the carpenter stopped the work and wanting for Material. I asked the carpenter to ask material to BALASUBRAMANIAN, but the carpenter replied BALASUBRAMANIAN didn’t picking the calls.

After 10000(???) rings to BALASUBRAMANIAN, he attended my call and put me in pressure to pay money for materials. I don't have any other option, then I paid money for material and I personally picked the material. HERE I ACTED AS COOLIE.

Then the Carpenter finished the initial work and waiting for Kitchen Doors, CHIMNEY and HOB, when I asked BALASUBRAMANIAN for kitchen doors, he told me that door order already placed in JAZ Enterprises, Chennai. He committed the doors will come in 5 days (Still Chimney and Hob are pending). Doors not received as committed by him, then I made a ring to him he ignored my calls. Then I called JAZ Enterprises and they replied me that NO ORDERS RECEIVED FROM BALASUBRAMANIAN. After 10000(???) rings to BALASUBRAMANIAN he doesn’t have courtesy to attend my calls. Then I personally visited JAZ Enterprises and booked the order with Advance payment. They took 5 days to finish the doors and I personally collected doors in their Thoraipakkam factory. HERE I ACTED AS A LOAD MAN CUM DELIVERY BOY. After several follow-ups and pressure to BALASUBRAMANIAN to bring Chimney and Hob, finally he given one Mr.Lalithkumar’s number (Chimney dealer in Chennai), I spoke with him personally to deliver Chimney and Hob. He told me many fraud stories about BALASUBRAMANIAN and asked me to commit payment on delivery. After receiving the material as per BALASUBRAMANIAN I dint paid money till now. HERE I ACTED AS FRAUD. Now Mr.Lalithkumar calling me and asking how to catch BALASUBRAMANIAN.

I already postponed the House warming ceremony two times due to Kitchen work delay. I fixed to do House warming ceremony on 20th August. This is third time. Now BALASUBRAMANIAN committed me to finish the work before 20th. Again he failed in his commitments. On 19th night I asked my company's carpenter to fix the GAS Hob for House warming ceremony and fix Kitchen doors. Because of time constraint he fixed only 5 doors in the Kitchen. I asked my builder to paint the walls after finishing the Kitchen work. My bad luck without finishing the painting work I have done house warming ceremony on 20th Morning. It was a big shame I ever met in my life time EVEN I AM A RELATIVE OF A POLITICAL VVIP IN CHENNAI. As of now I didn't involve them into the picture.

After House warming ceremony I contacted BALASUBRAMANIAN to finish my work. He committed me twice but not turned. After so many follow-ups now he committed to finish the work on Today (06/09/10). But no carpenters as of now.

Even I spoke with him left and right............Even I scolded his house members .......still he made false commitments. WHAT CAN BE DONE?

IF ANYBODY WANT I CAN GIVE THE CARPENTER MOBILE NO, CHIMNEY DEALER MOBILE NO, JAZ ENTERPRISES NO AND BALASUBRAMANIAN's HOUSE ADDRESS. I FEEL HE SPENT LOTS OF CUSTOMERS MONEY TO DEVELOP HIS COMPANY WEBSITE (Welcome to World Wood Modular Kitchen), it looks and give great hopes to a visitor.

I HEREBY CONCLUDE THAT BALASUBRAMANIAN IS HABITUALLY CHEATING OTHERS AND ENJOYING/LIVING WITH OTHERS MONEY. HE IS NOT A PERFECT CONTRACTOR, HE IS NOT A GOOD SON OF HIS PARENTS, HE IS NOT A GOOD BROTHER FOR HIS SISTER(S), AND FINALLY HE IS NOT A GOOD HUMAN BEING. HE IS NOT FIT FOR DOING ANY KIND OF BUSINESS.

With Lots of PAIN,
      Sekar Devaraj
      Aug 13, 2020

wooden doors — work not done even after advance payment

My father had given advance payment for making wooden doors through middlemen two years ago.
      But stilll he had not done the work. If we say something to him , he only replied by saying that in next 15 days i will make.but nothing has been done till now.

MODULAR KITCHEN — Wrong supply of item

We had booked a modular kitchen on 23.10.2010, advance receipt number [protected]. The item was booked at full advance payment of 218276/- at Home Town, Great India Palace Mall, Plot no. A-2, Lower Ground Floor, Sector 38A, Noida. Ph No. :[protected].

The item was delivered at my residence in the month of December 2010. The design installed was different than what was signed and agreed. Time and again I called them up, they kept on saying that the new item is coming in and will be installed shortly.

Four month has passed but nothing has happened. Now the company executives have stopped picking up the phone call.

I am left with no other option but to write this complaint to get back my money.

Madhav Mani
      I also agree with Sekar. He is fradu and cheating many people like us. I have given him 70000 and he has not started the work. Daily giving next day dates and do not pick up the phones. When message him that we will complain then only call and say next day dates and this process he is following since last 1 month with us. Do not know how to get the money back from him. I guess we all should collect somewhere and lodge complaint against him and get the money back.
      Let me know if anyone interested for this meeting. mail me on garg.[protected]@yahoo.com

My name is Samar Dutta, S3, A-603, Subhashree Woods, Next to Kunal Icon, Pimple Saudagar, P.O.Aundh Camp, Pune-411027(M-[protected]).
        On May 1st 2009, we had given an order to Mr Sunil/Mr Nitin M/S New Ashok Hardware, Shop No.1, Manisha Complex, Pune[protected], [protected], [protected], [protected])).
        On July 10th order was completed with alternate design not as per our mutual discussion.It has spoiled the look of our kitchen.All payments have been made in advance in full.Since the design is not as per our requirement, we demand minimum compensation of 15000rs or let them make as per agreed design.
        Please help.
        Samar Dutta

New Ashok Hardware/Modular Kitchen — Design of Kitchen not as per commitment

On May 1st 2009, we had given an order to M/S New Ashok Hardware, Shop No 1, Manisha Complex, Pimpri, Pune-18.On July 10th, order was completed with alternate design not as per our mutual discussion.It has spoiled the look of our kitchen.All payments have been made in advance in full.Since the design is not as per our requirement, we demand minimum compensation of 15000rs or let them make as per agreed design.

We have purcharsed the modular kitchen from HOME TOWN Marathahalli around 8 month before. But the Quality what is used is so poor that the material is started tearing off. And also the Fittings are falling, .. We have been calling the persons there every day but they say that they would be sending them in next 2 days but they never turn back to call or they never send any of the person to have a look of it or to repair them.

I am actually looking forward for the solution for the same atleast from your end.

Loooking forward for the help in getting the problem rectified.

Yours Truely

Santosh N Rao
          Dear Mr Rao,

This message is from HomeTown.
          We deeply regret the inconvenience caused.
          We request you to kindly reply with your contact details if the complaint is unresolved.
          We will get back to you at the earliest.

Warm Regards,
          Customer Care - Home Town.

Modular Kitchen Recent Comments